IGNORED

Super Mario Bros Movie - First Trailer

CodysGameRoom

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Who's destroying the evidence? I've got screenshots for DAAAAAAAAAYS of all you MF's breaking embargo!

My plan is simple. All you guys PayPal me, and I won't release your deets to the feds. Whomever PayPal's me the LEAST, they get ratted out first...

It's a silent auction, btw, so better pad those bids pretty heavy... 🤭

Dammit 

• Thanks 1

I wonder if they will make a Japanese version of the movie. Like almost the exact same movie but with the characters lips moving in sync with the Japanese voices instead. This is really possible because the movie is still being made and it’s just a little tweak.

You think Miyamoto would be ok with it if the US version of his Mario movie was the definitive version and the Japanese version was a second tier dub? 🇯🇵👹

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CasualCart said:

@phart010 @ThePhleo @DefaultGen @RH

Sorry - can you guys please remove my quote from your replies?

I didn't realize it was legitimately an issue to mention comments like that about the movie.

-CasualCart

What quote? Dis quote? Nah couldn’t be, I never hoyd a ting, capice?

Now, onto a completely unrelated matter of business, we gotta talk about dat inktoba…I believe it is time for you to pay your dues.

I don’t pay you good money to just sit around and not drawer. In fact, don’t even pay you at all.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Haha 3

I've re-watched it a few times, I see and hear no fault here.  Pratt doesn't seem to say enough, very little at all, so you can't even get a feel how he will sound in all fairness, but it didn't sound wrong.  Having the rest seem semi- on the ball and not goofnuts cartoony would make Martinet seem like a super poor choice for this.  For all the years he did voice the character he never said more than a few words or a word, sentences were rare, and they're wacky to say the least.  This movie isn't wacky.

What I am seeing and hearing a LOT of fault with are some really mouthy entitled losers on social media losing their minds.  Pratt isn't even the big one, it came up as not stereotypically racisty italian voiced enough I guess, but some are mad Mario doesn't have his girls in the yard big milkshake fat booty.  Whining about how the thing seems to make no sense being broken pieces of various games.  One moron losing his mind on multiple groups how the wands and magikoopa make no sense and that wands were not in the games and other dumb crap.  Basically him and others bitching how it is bad and that the Sonic movies are better, they'll wreck mario, and saying Nintendon't make good movies and other dumb fanboy plays on that old ad campaign of 30 years ago.

I've got to the point I'm putting people on 30 day ignore on there because o the level of entitled selfish mouthy stupidity and arrogance clashing together when anyone pushes back as they lose their minds like spoiled toddlers.  They seem to think if they bitch enough Nintendo will do a re-write and point at Sega... Sonic was god awful, an utterly horrible model and had time to pop and swap out something that wasn't trash.  They're not going to re-write this giving Mario a CGI thunderbutt and find some stereotypical italian goomba to voice the lead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

ed enough I guess, but some are mad Mario doesn't have his girls in the yard big milkshake fat booty.  Whining about how the thing seems to make no sense b

WAIT
OMG
WAIT
WAIT

WAIT

WAIT
NO
WAIT

Do... do they want to see people who look like them onscreen?😅 Do they want to feel like they... have a place in the world?😇 Does REPRESENTATION MATTER???

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 11:54 PM, Link said:

Does REPRESENTATION MATTER???

Haha, could you imagine if they went the Rings of Power route and had every single scene in the Mushroom Kingdom feature at least one white, one black, and one asian, and made sure that every last couple depicted in the entire world is interracial, etc, etc... 😬

EDIT - Oh, and you can't have a man rescuing a woman anymore, so Mario's gotta be captured by Bowser and then Peach has to use her girl power fake cinema strength and fighting skills to beat up bad guys three times her size so she can rescue him.  I almost forgot about that part...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 2

Mario would be the enemy in that movie of Dr. Morbis making there. 😉  You see if this was done by Amazon studios the obvious angle would be that Mario is a white supremacist trying to keep downing the yellow and green skinned minority leader of a race of demoralized and marginalized peoples left to rot in the flaming dried out slums on the edges of the kingdom.  Constantly stopping the interracial mixed marriage of him and Peach, Mario is your enemy evil anti-hero.  Some of those white bread Toads would come in force to help Mario keep the dirty green yellow and brown creatures out of their pure kingdom of pale pasty mushrooms because they won't have any of it with their aryan princess co-mixing blood with that trash. 😄

I can already sense a mass amazon exodus just like what is happening to netflix and disney with their shit peddling.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Mario would be the enemy in that movie of Dr. Morbis making there. 😉  You see if this was done by Amazon studios the obvious angle would be that Mario is a white supremacist trying to keep downing the yellow and green skinned minority leader of a race of demoralized and marginalized peoples left to rot in the flaming dried out slums on the edges of the kingdom.  Constantly stopping the interracial mixed marriage of him and Peach, Mario is your enemy evil anti-hero.  Some of those white bread Toads would come in force to help Mario keep the dirty green yellow and brown creatures out of their pure kingdom of pale pasty mushrooms because they won't have any of it with their aryan princess co-mixing blood with that trash. 😄

I can already sense a mass amazon exodus just like what is happening to netflix and disney with their shit peddling.

If you could take your culture war garbage to another location that would be great thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

If you could take your culture war garbage to another location that would be great thanks

While I do have you on ignore I suspected something like this so I looked.  It wasn't a culture war, it was a joke, like those warped comedy gaming videos from mashed, dorkly, etc on youtube.  You're reading far too into it, I wasn't going for some woke conspiracy theory angle.  I just fed off the amazon comment since they've utterly went off the rails with Tolkiens work on there with people howling about it since it came out.

And really, no, I won't stop until you do.  You still shit peddle here and as long as you're allowed to speak, so am I, it's not hurting anyone of consequence.

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

While I do have you on ignore I suspected something like this so I looked.  It wasn't a culture war, it was a joke, like those warped comedy gaming videos from mashed, dorkly, etc on youtube.  You're reading far too into it, I wasn't going for some woke conspiracy theory angle.  I just fed off the amazon comment since they've utterly went off the rails with Tolkiens work on there with people howling about it since it came out.

And really, no, I won't stop until you do.  You still shit peddle here and as long as you're allowed to speak, so am I, it's not hurting anyone of consequence.

The old “ Im not racist, its a joke defense” hehehe

And the fact that you blocked me because my freedom of speech was too oppressive, but then hungrily read everything I write gives me so much satisfaction. Like you can’t decide if you want to be a fascist, or my fanboy.  

Ill just take my W and move on, hold your applause until after I leave. 

• Like 1

To address any criticism of diversity:

Guess what...? Not everything has to be made for middle aged white men. It's okay for there to be diversity in movie casting. White dudes have had a good run. Let's let some other cultures get some representation here without being weird and "I'm not racist, but I don't like seeing brown people" because guess again.... That IS racist.

To the movie trailer...

Seemed neat but I would prefer casting to be done based on ability to play the part rather than name value. 

I understand they want the "star power" (no pun intended) of Christ Pratt.... but.... why change Mario's voice from like 20 years of voice canon?

If it was live action.... a gruff Brooklyn accent makes sense to me. If it's animated, the high pitched classic voice from SM64 is best. 

It's odd.... but I think it has to do with the visuals, and past castings. 

His butt missing is weird. It is certainly oddly flat. Enough for me to care? No. But certainly noted. 

Jack Black is good at what he does, so I'm sure it'll be fine. The animation looks good.

Overall, it seems as though they haven't fucked it up. 🤷‍♂️

It's the least we could hope for, but at least it's not a steaming pile of shit.

• Love 1

I'm serious with this, why does anyone think his ass is missing?  Because an internet meme of a screen capture said so?  That scene has him standing all, leaning back just a little and gazing above eye level.  Obviously anyones ass would suck in as their hips pivot leaning back unless you've got some extreme junk in the trunk.  It's just grasping at straws.

For comparison the teaches typing image a few back from this post has the front, he's got the belly still, and poppin just a little more out leaning a little forward over the mushroom starting to look down at it.  Seems like normal physics in play here despite being a CGI cartoon.

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Ah yes the acrid scent of thinly veiled racism in the morning

10 hours ago, Sumez said:

Jesus, what did I walk into here

If you're looking at me, you've misconstrued. But fuckit, not the first time that's ever happened here🤷‍♀️ 

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I'm serious with this, why does anyone think his ass is missing?  Because an internet meme of a screen capture said so?  That scene has him standing all, leaning back just a little and gazing above eye level.  Obviously anyones ass would suck in as their hips pivot leaning back unless you've got some extreme junk in the trunk.  It's just grasping at straws.

For comparison the teaches typing image a few back from this post has the front, he's got the belly still, and poppin just a little more out leaning a little forward over the mushroom starting to look down at it.  Seems like normal physics in play here despite being a CGI cartoon.

Well.... because it is?

Mario's got some big 'ol booty from all his running and jumping.

Maybe it will develop throughout the movie as Mario "levels up" and becomes "super"...? 🤔

It's not an "Ugly Sonic" level of fuck up.... he's just got a tiny little butt. 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

116982.jpg?b64lines=IEknTSBUUk9ZIE1jQ0xV

Haha, maybe that should have been the title. Then, of course, Mario has to find his ass. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 8.15.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 8.12.38 PM.png