IGNORED

Super Mario Bros Movie - First Trailer

CodysGameRoom

This trailer brought me to the conclusion that Chris Pratt kind of sounds like a Pauly Shore, but without the forced California/Surfer accent and the terrible catchphrase one-liners.

Could you imagine.  If this was the film we got in 1993, we could have had a Pauly Shore Mario!

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Edited by RH
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I liked the reference to the blue poison mushroom.  Hopefully there are lots of smaller references to the older games that us old people will recognize.  

If you saw the Direct, Miyamoto hinted that a bunch of stuff is buried in the movie that he hopes we have fun finding.  So yes, much like the poster putting the SMB3 items in the antique shop, I bet there will be a lot more nostalgia references.

• Like 1

I dunno I watched the trailer again. It’s a small sample size but it’s really just Chris Pratt talking like Chris Pratt. Jack Black goes over the top with bowser and you wouldn’t even know toad was Keegan Michael Key. If feel like Charlie Day and Seth Rogan won’t need to mask their voices because they are cartoony already and will probably sound like what you’d expect from Luigi and DK. It’s cool just to see a Mario movie and I’m sure the plot and call outs to Mario games and other Nintendo properties will make it worth it. Here’s to hoping for a Link cameo lol

Oh and our boy Koji Kondo is on music so it’ll at least have a great soundtrack that’s on rhythm with other Nintendo properties. 

Edited by a3quit4s

1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

@phart010 @ThePhleo @DefaultGen @RH

Sorry - can you guys please remove my quote from your replies?

I didn't realize it was legitimately an issue to mention comments like that about the movie.

-CasualCart

I was halfway joking, but now that you mention it, it would be better if we deleted 

1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

@phart010 @ThePhleo @DefaultGen @RH

Sorry - can you guys please remove my quote from your replies?

I didn't realize it was legitimately an issue to mention comments like that about the movie.

-CasualCart

For you, I'd do just about anything.  The DF comment was legit, but it was a bit of a joke.

Still, we are talking about Nintendo.  They're ruthless about that stuff.  I'm quite sure you would have been safe but it's better to be safe.

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I wonder if Link will make a cameo somewhere. I know it makes no sense in regards to Mario universe, but with Nintendo easter eggs, it could happen!

You're forgetting the Mario Bros enemies in Link's Awakening, as well as the Mario Bros portraits on the wall of Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time!

Plenty of evidence Mario and Zelda take place in a similar plain of existence! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phart010 said:

I went ahead and deleted. But now that we are destroying evidence, I wonder if things look even worse 

Who's destroying the evidence? I've got screenshots for DAAAAAAAAAYS of all you MF's breaking embargo!

My plan is simple. All you guys PayPal me, and I won't release your deets to the feds. Whomever PayPal's me the LEAST, they get ratted out first...

It's a silent auction, btw, so better pad those bids pretty heavy... 🤭

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Who's destroying the evidence? I've got screenshots for DAAAAAAAAAYS of all you MF's breaking embargo!

My plan is simple. All you guys PayPal me, and I won't release your deets to the feds. Whomever PayPal's me the LEAST, they get ratted out first...

It's a silent auction, btw, so better pad those bids pretty heavy... 🤭

It's a good thing I've been investing in Optoutcoin for that past couple of years!  Let me send a couple of those.  That should cover it.

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1