IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 1 - Popeye

BeaIank

11 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Score updated page 6.  Finally cracked the 70k barrier.  Actually had some better scores but always missed the pick on the game over. 

Do you have to take the pick at the game over screen if you don’t clear the 3rd stage? 
ive been taking my pics on stage one.

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Do you have to take the pick at the game over screen if you don’t clear the 3rd stage? 
ive been taking my pics on stage one.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, BeaIank said:

Take your screenshot at the start of stage 1 on the second loop or at the game over screen

Yep, gotta loop it to use the stage 1 pic. 

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Yep, gotta loop it to use the stage 1 pic. 

Seriously why? It’s not like I can score anymore points if I lose my last life.

my score doesn’t count if this is so. But I don’t see why you can’t just wait to restart a game and take a pic at the beginning of the first stage

Edited by skinnygrinny

19 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Pictures at the start of the first stage with the high score achieved at stage 3 after a game over will be accepted.

I thought the point of taking the picture at game over was to show which level you were on.  If I game over on round 6 and start over and take pic of High Score, no one would be the wiser as to which level I made it to.

4 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I thought the point of taking the picture at game over was to show which level you were on.  If I game over on round 6 and start over and take pic of High Score, no one would be the wiser as to which level I made it to.

I agree but I just figured we are all pretty tight in here and I’m not worried anyone is cheating and honestly it’s kind of a pain to try to get a pic at that point.

but if we aren’t confident in the honesty of the group I don’t want to argue against a rule that would eliminate cheating. 

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

I agree but I just figured we are all pretty tight in here and I’m not worried anyone is cheating and honestly it’s kind of a pain to try to get a pic at that point.

but if we aren’t confident in the honesty of the group I don’t want to argue against a rule that would eliminate cheating. 

I agree that we are all pretty tight, but I like the rule nonetheless.  I of course don't have time to get a better score, but it appears that the top score might come down to 100s of points.  It would be very easy to simply finish the 3rd round, get a couple 100 points on round 4, game over and take your pic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I agree that we are all pretty tight, but I like the rule nonetheless.  I of course don't have time to get a better score, but it appears that the top score might come down to 100s of points.  It would be very easy to simply finish the 3rd round, get a couple 100 points on round 4, game over and take your pic.

What’s to stop me from playing into the second loop and taking a picture at the game over screen then? 

Events Team · Posted

I'll say it simply, we expect the players to trust each others within the competition, but at the same time it is also simple courtesy to make sure score submissions are made as good as possible to avoid others suspicions. I know for sure that this is little things like that here and there that can lead to bigger problem, as I've witnessed many times in the past. Naturally, I'm not saying any one of you guys are planning to cheat, but it is good sports to make sure the pics are as bullet proof as possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

I'll say it simply, we expect the players to trust each others within the competition, but at the same time it is also simple courtesy to make sure score submission are made as good as possible to avoid others suspicions. I know for sure that this is little things like that here and there that can lead to bigger problem, as I've witnessed many times in the past. Naturally, I'm not saying any one of you guys are planning to cheat, but it is good sports to make sure the pics are as bullet proof as possible.

I just wish I'd ordered a cart so I wouldn't have to play on emulator, but money was a little tight this month. Usually I buy all the games for the tournament. I hope that the third game is something that I already own.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, skinnygrinny said:

Respect for the reigning champ and all the competitors here I’ll submit a pic at game over. 

And just so it is 100 % clear, every score submitted so far are accepted, we can't disqualify anything as the rules were written in that sense (we made an error, sorry guys). But we expect the last submissions to be on game over screen as much as possible for you guys.

Rules changed accordingly!

• Thanks 1