IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 1 - Popeye

BeaIank

2 minutes ago, Ausden said:

What’s crazy is just how random Bluto is. I watched a video of a person getting Bluto to throw bottles constantly, yet when I play he just hunts me down like Michael Myers. 

There probably are effective ways to manipulate him but I couldn't figure it out.  Like dropping the bucket on his head while he's at the bottom of the screen is worth 4k but sometimes he cooperates and sometimes he doesn't.

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

There probably are effective ways to manipulate him but I couldn't figure it out.  Like dropping the bucket on his head while he's at the bottom of the screen is worth 4k but sometimes he cooperates and sometimes he doesn't.

I couldn't get him to the bottom consistently enough to make many actually serious runs. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

Dude.......... You get him to the bottom by punching him with the spinach. That's when you drop the bucket on him lol.

No I mean I can get him down there, but he won't STAY down. He just climbed the steps in the middle back up every single time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

No I mean I can get him down there, but he won't STAY down. He just climbed the steps in the middle back up every single time. 

Oh okay. I see what you mean. Yeah that's random. It's just a lot of resets until you get the right rng. That was annoying to deal with.

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

I didn’t worry about if he threw bottles or not I was more focused on making the most out of what Olive was throwing and maximizing points out of every opportunity regarding bottles, spinach and the bucket. 

What's the most points you could get on stage one? I think the best I did was around 17k.

3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Maybe there's a way to be able to drop the bucket on him every time but I couldn't figure it out.

I just tried to drop it on him at the bottom. As soon as he reached the stairs I would punch the bag. Sometimes I got 4K other times he would stop right after I hit the bag or climb the stairs. 

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

I just tried to drop it on him at the bottom. As soon as he reached the stairs I would punch the bag. Sometimes I got 4K other times he would stop right after I hit the bag or climb the stairs. 

Yeah exactly. At least the drop is enough easy to time when he actually cooperates.

27 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I always got around 10k in stage 2.  Not getting enough points in stage 2 may have been my problem.

Stage 3 is worth massive points thanks to the birds, as long as Bluto doesn't decide to knock you off the platform while trying to grind them.

I liked to enter stage 3 with 25k+

I would try to get 29-30 out of the first two levels usually about 18 from the first level on the third level I would let one of the first few letters drop and then try to collect the others while punching the bird when the letter hit the water I’d get the spinach hit the guy and collect the letter in the water then head back to the top punch the bird and not collect any more letters until i died from a letter sinking then I’d just repeat with my other lives 

2 hours ago, Tablew/chairs said:

I would try to get 29-30 out of the first two levels usually about 18 from the first level on the third level I would let one of the first few letters drop and then try to collect the others while punching the bird when the letter hit the water I’d get the spinach hit the guy and collect the letter in the water then head back to the top punch the bird and not collect any more letters until i died from a letter sinking then I’d just repeat with my other lives 

That is the same technique I was using. 
nice job chairy.