IGNORED

Concerts you've attended

Reed Rothchild

5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Tell me something boy

It was a wonderful experience.

Something like that? 😅

(I actually had to look that lyric up, hahaha. I haven't seen that movie yet. It's on the list, haha)

Funny story... I stopped in the park after the show to smoke a joint instead of going to the bus station to catch my ~1am bus. But... the bus station was NOT where I thought it was. After a FULL ON OLYMPIC SPRINT to the actual bus station (right across the street from where I smoked the joint) I waited in line and was literally the LAST PERSON on the LAST BUS. Literally got on the bus as they called for "1 last person"... there was a couple standing ahead of me but they didn't want to split up, so I made it standing on the bus right beside the driver.  😱

Capped off a perfect night. Would have ended shitty had I been stranded in TO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

It was a wonderful experience.

Something like that? 😅

(I actually had to look that lyric up, hahaha. I haven't seen that movie yet. It's on the list, haha)

Funny story... I stopped in the park after the show to smoke a joint instead of going to the bus station to catch my ~1am bus. But... the bus station was NOT where I thought it was. After a FULL ON OLYMPIC SPRINT to the actual bus station (right across the street from where I smoked the joint) I waited in line and was literally the LAST PERSON on the LAST BUS. Literally got on the bus as they called for "1 last person"... there was a couple standing ahead of me but they didn't want to split up, so I made it standing on the bus right beside the driver.  😱

Capped off a perfect night. Would have ended shitty had I been stranded in TO. 

I’ve missed that bus before (leaving key west to go back home) actually I only made it like 1/2 the time. The rest of the time I would just hop the bars and smoke doobies until I could pass out in the bushes and catch the bus the next day 😄 never was smooth enough to get anybody to take me home…well I probably could have gone home with a few of the “ladies” from the 801….I NEVER DID OK!!!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I’ve missed that bus before (leaving key west to go back home) actually I only made it like 1/2 the time. The rest of the time I would just hop the bars and smoke doobies until I could pass out in the bushes and catch the bus the next day 😄 never was smooth enough to get anybody to take me home…well I probably could have gone home with a few of the “ladies” from the 801….I NEVER DID OK!!!

Hahaha.... well.... making it 1/2 the time is decent. It's better than 0. 😅

Doesn't seem like a bad alternative, definitely something I did "back in the day". Would probably die if I tried that now. 

Haha, it's okay, Skinny, it's okay!!! You're with friends here. Trust me. You're better off for it. Nothing good happens after 2am. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2023 at 7:28 PM, docile tapeworm said:

This explains why when I watched the A Star is Born remake where Dave Chappelle finds Bradley Cooper passed out in the bushes in the morning I thought to myself "I bet that's happened to skinny before".

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen far, far, far too many bands to list here, including plenty of massive classics, subculture heroes, niche avantgarde weirdos, and one-time-only collabs. If they are worth seeing, I've probably seen them.

But last night I managed to add one of the biggest bucket list entries to my list, DEVO played here for the first time in well over thirty years, during one of their rare, mythical European tours, previously thought by top scientists around the world to simply not exist.

The set was a complete tour de force of all their best and biggest hits, and the show backing them up really gave a ton of the old songs completely new life, including several that I never thought much of on album, that just worked so much better with the whole get-up. There was literally nothing missing, and especially for a bunch of 70-something year olds, I'm super impressed by the sheer energy they were able to deliver.

That said, I have a massive affection for their late comeback album of 2010, which they only played a single song from. And I get it, people were there for their one and only chance to see their 70s/80s heroes perform the songs they are known for, and anything else would have been a disappointment. Hell, in many ways the classic DEVO, and the DEVO that made Something for Everybody, is almost two entirely different bands in my own mentality as well (even though it was literally the original lineup). I just wish I could have seen them when they "toured" with that album, but obviously that was never even an option.

0LCIkeX.jpgL2lMH4A.jpg  
1nZYx7j.jpgIUz9YfT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Saw Steve Vai on Thursday and Carrie Underwood/Guns n Roses on Saturday. Vai is absolutely amazing live. Even being a big shred guy myself I never took to Vai as well as some of the other guitarists at the time but there is no denying the guy is an amazing guitarist. Played for 3 hours and didn't miss a beat. A little bit of lame theatrics/wankery but that's to be expected.

Only saw the last few songs from Carrie but she played a few rock covers like Ace of Spades and Rock and Roll which was cool then a few of her country tunes to end the set. The GnR show was entertaining (never saw them before) but Axl's voice is pretty much all but shot/gone. Still worth it to see them live once though just because. Thunderstorms off in the distance during the last part of the set which added some nice ambience. Carrie came back on and sang with Axl for the last few songs.. Paradise City and another that I am forgetting. Sorry no pics from either 😕

Edited by Andy_Bogomil
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Danzig/Behemoth/Twin Temple

IMG_4965.jpeg.e2b7d006516ec0d49a48ae46ed9ab655.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg.952abf7c7c3311c204f6d7b8fdfb8753.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg.c0c1b16b4dd9b010a9c649ad542bc09d.jpeg

This show was a bit of a mess.  Doors were announced as 530 show at 630.  turns out it was actually 630 doors 730 show.  Very unprofessional vibe all around.  Danzig set was cool as it was all of 1 and selected songs from 2 & 3.  However, the whole thing was marred by a small army of security roaming the crowd and threatening and kicking out anyone taking pictures.  Very aggressive.  Dude tried to start a fight with me for getting these pics.  Not even like hey don’t do that but like immediate threats and chest flexing.  Worst display of security in all my years of concerting.  

IMG_5002.jpeg

also looking at these pictures now that Danzig stage set looks like the tour should’ve been called the cleaning out the storage room tour.

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

also looking at these pictures now that Danzig stage set looks like the tour should’ve been called the cleaning out the storage room tour.

That reminds me of a (failed) restaurant that used to be one block from me. Had these huge dragons exhaling smoke. As that wasn't attracting customers, the (rich) owner then randomly threw an astronaut statue out front to go with.

Edited by fcgamer

14 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

the whole thing was marred by a small army of security roaming the crowd and threatening and kicking out anyone taking pictures

That's standard Glenn policy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was also to blame for starting late. He's a fucking primadonna and he's angry because he's short.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

It must eat away at him inside that this is now a part of his legacy.  I saw him in the 2000s too and he was totally cool, sat on the tour bus steps after the show for like an hour after the show to bullshit with every fan in that long ass line.  I’d never been to this venue before, The Masonic Auditorium, so not totally sure how much was him vs them.  He’s gotten a real reputation in recent years though.  I mean I knew seeing grandpa Danzig was going to be fucking weird but damn. Still the preferable misfits singer to Goose-stepping michale graves.

• Like 1