IGNORED

Concerts you've attended

Reed Rothchild

3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

What what the Google search? Infamous dicks in rock and roll history?!

An Infamous 2004 Scuffle Continues to Define Danny Marianino and Glenn Danzig

"one particular life-changing instant ... came in as VH1's 74th "Most Shocking Moment in Music," well ahead of Sonny Bono's death and Three Dog Night singer Chuck Negron's penis exploding."

40 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Gaslight Anthem/some dude dressed like he was wearing a trucker Halloween costume/some standard female fronted ska punk band

IMG_5072.jpeg.230d7fee997aa09f73eac08e2f709215.jpeg

Nice! I saw them in either 2012 or 2013 when they were touring for Handwritten. What do you think of their songs they’ve released so far?

3 hours ago, final fight cd said:

Nice! I saw them in either 2012 or 2013 when they were touring for Handwritten. What do you think of their songs they’ve released so far?

They seem decent.  I didn’t know there was new material until the show lol. They actually played Little Fires twice in a row because they were making a video.   Also, I don’t know how everyone else’s is but my House of Blues is just a terrible venue.  I really hate when bands play there.  

Edited by Hammerfestus

Editorials Team · Posted
31 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

They seem decent.  I didn’t know there was new material until the show lol. They actually played Little Fires twice in a row because they were making a video.   Also, I don’t know how everyone else’s is but my House of Blues is just a terrible venue.  I really hate when bands play there.  

I've only been to the one in Vegas and it seemed fine

I love concerts and use to go to them all the time. Here are my top choices:

1.  RATM - April 29th, 2007 at Coachella

2.  Madlib, PB Wolf, Percee P, J Rocc, Kareem Riggins - December 6, 2007 at The Black Cat in DC

3.  Radiohead - May 11, 2008 at Nissan Pavilion in Virginia. (notable due to it raining the whole time)

4.  DJ Shadow - November 4th, 2006 at a festival in Buenos Aires, Argentina

5.  (For the bass heads) Terror Danjah, Mary Anne Hobbs, Joy Orbison, Kode 9, Lorn, Roska - April 15, 2011 at 1015 Folsom in San Francisco

Honorable mentions

311 in May 2000 at the American Theater in St. Louis. One of my first shows that I really enjoyed

James Blake  in April 18, 2013 at the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz, CA. (notable because alcohol was not served and the show was in a movie theater).

Edited by CT
  • Like 2

Went to see @Hammerfestus favourite band last night, Ghost. Great as always and they played a range of old and new which was great to hear. Was my first concert since Covid lockdowns so it was good to see a live show again.

Next up will be @Kguillemette & @Reed Rothchildfavourite band, Katatonia in Feb. Pumped for that one. It will be my first time seeing them live because they don’t come here very often.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brickman said:

Went to see @Hammerfestus favourite band last night, Ghost. Great as always and they played a range of old and new which was great to hear. Was my first concert since Covid lockdowns so it was good to see a live show again.

Next up will be @Kguillemette & @Reed Rothchildfavourite band, Katatonia in Feb. Pumped for that one. It will be my first time seeing them live because they don’t come here very often.

Awesome. I've missed my chance to see them too many times. Stupid life.. 

10/7 some Sisters of Mercy touring cover band, One City Tap.

My friend who booked the spot invited me and didn’t show up himself 🙄 The guitar and bass were awesome. The singing, not so much. To be fair Andrew Eldritch is tough to match, but this was pretty rough. 

Oh, and the bitch who chased after me when I came out of the bathroom after having been there for an hour overcharged me. She wanted $15. I’m looking at the flyer and it was supposed to be 10. Fuck that bar and fuck that band, and their manager who was the one taking the entry money. 

IMG_3752.jpeg

Edited by Link
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 3:16 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Flogging Molly/The Bronx/Vandoliers

Spent most of this show drunk and in and out of the pit.  Super friendly punk style mosh pit.  Really good time.  

Lemme tell you about the first time I heard of Flogging Molly. 

Andew W.K. was touring for I Get Wet. I was 21 years old and so was he and his album was incredible. His band was opening for Flogging Molly. I never heard of them and I didn’t like their name. I didn’t even have internet at home. Finding and hearing music online was not easy (in fact it still isn’t in a lot of ways). I was alone. I was not yet much of a drinker. And I was a broke college student. And so I had no reason to stick around. Wow, did I regret that when I actually heard Flogging Molly several years later. 

Lesson fucking learned. 

• Wow! 1