IGNORED

Limited Run Games

On 12/18/2019 at 1:24 PM, m308gunner said:

Anyone have some more info on their Metal Storm release? It still says December release, but the month is getting on...

Friend got an early copy and he said I could share some pics. The package is super nice. I wasn't planning on getting myself but now I'm considering it.

IMG_20191225_145132.jpg

IMG_20191225_145145.jpg

IMG_20191225_145212.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Did anyone get their latest email? Am I reading this right...are they going to produce actual physical games for the Sega CD now?

I saw that. I mean I'm not going to buy a repro, but if they really wanted to do something useful, they would translate snatcher. 

And they have limited run shirts now too. Lol.

Edited by Californication

3 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Did anyone get their latest email? Am I reading this right...are they going to produce actual physical games for the Sega CD now?

I was honestly a little bummed. At first I thought they were bringing those Sega CD games to Switch (a la Night Trap). I'd LOVE to have Monkey Island on Switch.

1 hour ago, Californication said:

I saw that. I mean I'm not going to buy a repro, but if they really wanted to do something useful, they would translate snatcher. 

And they have limited run shirts now too. Lol.

They aren't repros.  They are licensed just like the Star Wars games.  

While I think that Snatcher would be a great idea, what language do you want them to translate it to?

3 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Do to some bad luck and bad timing, they probably have stacks of unused Sega long box jewel cases, and this is probably the best way to unload them.  

Personally, I'm still not sure if I'm interested.  I'm probably going to pass on them, but I wish I knew how many titles they planned to produce.  If they eventually do Snatcher, I'll probably get it, but most likely that will be the only title I'll get.  

Edited by TDIRunner

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

I think that means they are licensed reproductions. I think what you mean is that they are not bootlegs, which no one would suggest.

Californcation can correct me if I'm wrong, but the way his post is written, he was suggesting it.  And I would have to go back and count, but at least one person in this thread suggested that the Star Wars game were bootlegs.  So yeah, some people would suggest that.  

4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Do to some bad luck and bad timing, they probably have stacks of unused Sega long box jewel cases, and this is probably the best way to unload them.  

Personally, I'm still not sure if I'm interested.  I'm probably going to pass on them, but I wish I knew how many titles they planned to produce.  If they eventually do Snatcher, I'll probably get it, but most likely that will be the only title I'll get.  

You might be waiting a while for that, I seriously doubt Konami has any real interest it doing anything significant with Snatcher. 

Moderator · Posted

I wish they would put in a little effort and port PC games to consoles that were contemporary to the games being ported. For instance, don’t reissue Secret of Monkey Island for Sega CD, port the sequel LeChuck’s Revenge to Sega CD. 

Edited by Scrobins

7 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

I wish they would put in a little effort and port PC games to consoles that were contemporary to the games being ported. For instance, don’t reissue Secret of Monkey Island for Sega CD, port the sequel LeChuck’s Revenge to Sega CD. 

That would require having someone do the porting rather than just burning a ROM to a CD or cart

58 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

I wish they would do this as well, but that's really outside of the scope of what they can do.  What I hope someday is that they can collaborate with other companies that are capable of doing the actual porting.

For example, they announced Dark Forces last year.  But to the best of my knowledge, that is going to be a PC release because I'm not aware of that game being ported anywhere other than PS1 (which is not a desirable version of the game).  Nothing would make me happier than if they could figure out a way to port the PC version to PS4 and have it play the same way as the original.  An HD remake would be cool too, but I would be just as happy with the original game.  

20 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I wish they would do this as well, but that's really outside of the scope of what they can do.  What I hope someday is that they can collaborate with other companies that are capable of doing the actual porting.

For example, they announced Dark Forces last year.  But to the best of my knowledge, that is going to be a PC release because I'm not aware of that game being ported anywhere other than PS1 (which is not a desirable version of the game).  Nothing would make me happier than if they could figure out a way to port the PC version to PS4 and have it play the same way as the original.  An HD remake would be cool too, but I would be just as happy with the original game.  

I always wonder how they decide if a game deserves a port or not, we've seen things like Bounty Hunter and Super Star Wars ported to the PS4, but then things like Republic Commando and KOTOR, which I bet would sell much better, haven't had the opportunity. 

Secret of Monkey Island is amazing!

If LRG was releasing the remastered (or whatever you want to call it version) on the PS4/Switch, I would be all over it! As it stands... it's cool, but I won't be purchasing it. Same for Rebel Assault. I would like to add, that Monkey Island was released on physical disc in Europe, including the UK, for the Xbox 360. In this instance, it IS playable on NTSC consoles! So, if you still have a 360 and have never played Monkey Island, do yourself a favor and purchase the physical version which is fully orchestrated, narrated, and it also includes the remastered version of LeChuck’s Revenge - oh, and in both games you can seamlessly switch from "classic" graphics to the updated versions and the same for music! 

Currently, the only game I am interested in from LRG is Myst which I think will be lovely.

91N5TVB0KiL._SY445_.jpg

RealMystSwitch_540x.png

RebelAssault_540x.jpg

ERKRXwOXkAAw-G3_540x.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1