IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2022**

BeaIank

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

@RH saying max the score is not hard and we can purge lives how are we gonna rank two players that max the score and beat the game?

should we take a pic when the score gets maxed (on a 1cc run) to see who did it earliest?

If we're not allowed to loop for the sake of looping and we have to buy those posters, this will actually be hard to max.  Under normal game play,  it'd take time but maxing the score (999,990) on stage one would be... time consuming but "easy" for most. Heck, with another week of practice, maybe I could do that!

However, I've only had time to get through Stage 2.  It does get progressively harder but even stage 2 doesn't feel bad to me.  I can't speak for the other 4 stages.  That said, I think the manual states that wanted posters go up in price.  20k on stage one with only two loops (well, one re-loop) is going to be... tough.  20k is a LOT of points.  If the rule is, you have to buy the Poster if you have the $$$, then you can exits stage 1 with, maybe, $40-45k.  I think the poster in stage 2 is $28k, so you could reach it with $55k (again, a guess) and that will take you down too 27,000 points.

These rules Bea is offering will make maxing it MUCH harder.  Sub-par players like me might even die intentionally 4 times on stage 2 just to get a decent score on the board BEFORE reaching the poster.

I hope that makes sense.  If you hammer stage one and loop a bunch, I'm sure you'll see that getting to 999,990 without special rules would seem easy.  However, no unnecessary loops and forced purchases of posters will dramatically eat up your points.  I don't expect to do well this coming week, but I do think it will be fun to watch everyone else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

You dont have to buy them. Per my understanding, @BeaIankis going to post where to collect them for free so no one loops a level more than once. If you miss it and loop a level, youll be done. 

Then you missed where she said that she could have us buy them instead.

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted

Having you all to have to buy it is much more enticing than giving away the location and I can implement a rule like "If you don't have the money to buy it after two loops, your run ends. Pause and take the picture of your score" and use a combination of progress + highest score to define the winner, with progress taking precedence.

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Having you all to have to buy it is much more enticing than giving away the location and I can implement a rule like "If you don't have the money to buy it after two loops, your run ends. Pause and take the picture of your score" and use a combination of progress + highest score to define the winner, with progress taking precedence.

i didn't realize you could buy them.......is it the man or the woman?

11 hours ago, Jeevan said:

i didn't realize you could buy them.......is it the man or the woman?

Lol jesus jeevie just check both! Kidding aside, Im not sure if its the same gender every level or not. 

Played a game last night and got into a jam of bullets coming at me. Talking to the dude bailed me out.  Free hint for ya

Events Helper · Posted
16 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Lol jesus jeevie just check both! Kidding aside, Im not sure if its the same gender every level or not. 

Played a game last night and got into a jam of bullets coming at me. Talking to the dude bailed me out.  Free hint for ya

well, i didnt know how to leave them so i spent my hard earned cash, so it would be nice to know which one to go to, or you can tell me how to back out i guess......

19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It’s Hicksville

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

well, i didnt know how to leave them so i spent my hard earned cash, so it would be nice to know which one to go to, or you can tell me how to back out i guess......

Konami code backs you out.

7 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Lol that is one rough problem to have! Although, probably would make the game more fun than playing conservative. 

Select bails you out. Keep that cash in your pockets Jeeves!

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Lol that is one rough problem to have! Although, probably would make the game more fun than playing conservative. 

Select bails you out. Keep that cash in your pockets Jeeves!

Music Video GIF

6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

It’s Hicksville

Konami code backs you out.

Hometown?  😏

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...