IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

On 11/18/2020 at 7:36 PM, fusoyaff2 said:

So I take it from the fact that Playstation 5 isn't even in the pulldown menu when manually adding games that this site is going to ignore the system the same way it's been ignoring the PS4 for the last year?

Unfortunately we are still dealing with the fallout of Ebay completely wrecking and changing their API. We are working out getting the current systems we have 100% first. But adding the missing systems is on the to do list, and was set for january before this ebay crap happened. We just went through and added hundreds of switch games the past couple of months. 

As for everybody else, have you been able to sign in to everything okay? Any issues stand out? I haven't had a chance to really be present the past month for troubleshooting for personal reasons. If you guys can tag me in posts that would be great, in case i don't get a chance to check here as much as i would like. 

Edited by Magus

On 11/27/2020 at 4:38 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

@MagusI went thru my Xbox games and added them into the Collection Tool and found that none of what I pictured below is available on there.

Xbox Games.jpg

Just to clarify, were you able to add them into the collection tracker at all? I just tried and was able to add them all except for high heat baseball which seems to be missing. Just want to understand what you mean by not available? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 7.54.53 PM.png

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Magus said:

Just to clarify, were you able to add them into the collection tracker at all? I just tried and was able to add them all except for high heat baseball which seems to be missing. Just want to understand what you mean by not available? 

They're prob referring to specific variants, such as Halo GOTY. 

1 hour ago, Magus said:

Those are all standard editions.  All of the ones I pictured are variants of the games that you listed.

GVN now seems to be considering completed but unsold listings as sold items. I was looking at the page for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time DS and it shows the last few sales of sealed copies for $55 but those weren't actually sold. Sealed copies are actually selling for around $20-25.

6 hours ago, Magus said:

Unfortunately we are still dealing with the fallout of Ebay completely wrecking and changing their API. We are working out getting the current systems we have 100% first. But adding the missing systems is on the to do list, and was set for january before this ebay crap happened. We just went through and added hundreds of switch games the past couple of months. 

Thanks for the update, but in the meantime would it be possible to add Playstation 5 to the pulldown menu for the add games manually feature? This is still the main database I use to track what's in my collection, and I'd like to have a record of the PS5 games I've purchased.

11 hours ago, bowser said:

GVN now seems to be considering completed but unsold listings as sold items. I was looking at the page for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time DS and it shows the last few sales of sealed copies for $55 but those weren't actually sold. Sealed copies are actually selling for around $20-25.

Yeah that's no good. Let me send this along. In the meantime i can remove these listings myself and just did. Just want to be sure this doesn't keep happening. Thanks for bringing this up. 

39 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

The most recent loose disc sale tracked for Popful Mail on Sega CD for $430 wasn't actually sold.  The seller relisted it and it's still listed on ebay. I had to manually go to the seller's page to see it was relisted as ebay marked it as sold for some reason

Yeah this is an issue that is annoying me, because Ebay is incorrectly showing some listings as sold, despite being relisted. I will take care of this one now, thank you for letting me know. If you guys see issues like this, you can also hit the flag button and they instantly come to me for review. I always appreciate the detailed posts here though, it helps me decipher why it was flagged faster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

NES solitaire is picking up unsold listings as well as an aus maxi 15 entry

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/Solitaire?gameid=596

i suspect several more of the recorded sales are wrong too but they've aged out

who is looking at entries that get reported as wrong? is it better to stick to that system or call it out here?

Hey @Magus, I noticed last night (assuming you guys still update the data nightly) GVN didn't pick up this auction for a jewel cased MK3 for PS1:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS1-MK3-Mortal-Kombat-3-Jewel-Case-Variant-W-Registration-Card-Very-Rare-/383869964489?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=vHEts2q%2BjM3djVOdPhmxkjncaxw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

These don't come up often and I think this is an eBay record.

Thank you.