IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

On 9/3/2020 at 5:17 AM, Amermoe said:

Just want to point you to this eBay auction currently going for a VGA90 copy of FFVII Black label "Realistic Violence" print. It was listed just hours ago (with 8 days remaining), and already is over $2000 with 8 bidders and over 9 total bids. Just to give you some perspective about what the value of that item is in that condition among collectors, if there was any doubt before. I would be shocked if it doesn't hit $3k, and if I had to guess at that grade (which doesn't come up often), the auction will probably end north of the $4-5k territory.

This is not due to the remake hype, the item was always collectible. If it goes over $5k then yes, I would say the remake had a hand in that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-VII-Playstation-1-PS1-First-Print-VGA-90-Not-Wata-Mint/203095308384?epid=214699225&hash=item2f496c7860:g:WhMAAOSwaFFfUCcD

Good lord.🤦‍♂️... if anyone's curious, this VGA90 FFVII auction just ended. I predicted $5k but at $9300...even I didn't see that coming...If it was the Y-Fold, probably would've cracked $10k...

Edited by Amermoe

I don't go to those price websites that much anymore but I just stopped by GVN and saw this.  Im late to the part but I wanted to express that this makes me sick.  Everything wrong thats going on IMO.  Looks like the NYSE.  Pathetic

https://gamevaluenow.com/top?scope=game&age=7&list_by=volume

I also hate when you click on a game, its gives you its graded price by default.  Which is catering to the tenth of a percent of people who collect this.  Instead of having the way more common, LOOSE price, as a default.

Edited by guitarzombie

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I don't go to those price websites that much anymore but I just stopped by GVN and saw this.  Im late to the part but I wanted to express that this makes me sick.  Everything wrong thats going on IMO.  Looks like the NYSE.  Pathetic

I also hate when you click on a game, its gives you its graded price by default.  Which is catering to the tenth of a percent of people who collect this.  Instead of having the way more common, LOOSE price, as a default.

I too hate that graded is the default. It makes zero sense from a general consumer standpoint. TBH I could see that actually being a driving factor in moving a lot of people away from the service - nobody wants a whole-ass extra click EVERY time they search a game.

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I too hate that graded is the default. It makes zero sense from a general consumer standpoint. TBH I could see that actually being a driving factor in moving a lot of people away from the service - nobody wants a whole-ass extra click EVERY time they search a game.

I will let them know, i too think it should be Loose or CIB just based on the sheer numbers of interest. I can't say for sure but MAYBE there is a way to have it set so you can choose what you want as a default? Just an idea. Not sure how that would work though on the programming side. Then at least people have the option and everyone can be happy. 

As for guitarzombie's complaint about the data. I am not really sure what the issue is? That data is valuable to a lot of people in the hobby, whether it be investing or just trying to make sure you catch a game before it spikes too high for your collection. 

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Magus said:

I will let them know, i too think it should be Loose or CIB just based on the sheer numbers of interest. I can't say for sure but MAYBE there is a way to have it set so you can choose what you want as a default? Just an idea. Not sure how that would work though on the programming side. Then at least people have the option and everyone can be happy. 

As for guitarzombie's complaint about the data. I am not really sure what the issue is? That data is valuable to a lot of people in the hobby, whether it be investing or just trying to make sure you catch a game before it spikes too high for your collection. 

It'd be easy to have it remember your preference with a cookie/localstorage.

1 hour ago, Magus said:

Heres my complaint...

"INVESTING"

@guitarzombie Hate to break it to you, but people have been investing in video games long before Gocollect came into the picture. And again, investing is far from the only purpose or even the main purpose of that data. Some high profile members here have already voiced how having this data was a great addition and nice to have. 

33 minutes ago, Magus said:

@guitarzombie Hate to break it to you, but people have been investing in video games long before Gocollect came into the picture. And again, investing is far from the only purpose or even the main purpose of that data. Some high profile members here have already voiced how having this data was a great addition and nice to have. 

Yeah and this/NA was never a place for it.  I think its stupid.  Which is why I mentioned it HERE and not on that other website, that was just BOOMING with investors!

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Yeah and this/NA was never a place for it.  I think its stupid.  Which is why I mentioned it HERE and not on that other website, that was just BOOMING with investors!

There’s a place here (and was there as well) for all types of collectors, gamers, and brewers. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

So your idea of a good time is to be exclusionary and create an atmosphere that people claimed to see/dislike about NA? I'm sure that'll make this a popping place of activity. If you don't like that style of collecting, that's fine, but you don't have to be rude about it. I don't like the investing aspect either, I'm sure many don't. But why get angry about it? Are you into collecting graded games? (I legitimately have no idea what you collect) If your not than what they do should make no difference to you and getting upset at it is a waste of time and energy. If you do collect that stuff, then it sucks, stuff is more expensive. But this isn't a necessity item, so if you can no longer afford it, that's the breaks, but time to move on. I would like to get a 1970 Superbird too but I'll never afford it. I don't go screaming about the people buying them as investments at car shows, making everyone have a bad time. 

In short, if you don't like it, ignore it. Avoid discussions on it because it is most likely not going away and throwing fits on it does nothing but deter potential contributing members to the site due to what looks like an immature temper tantrum. 

Now we should probably get off of this and let the thread be what it is supposed to be. Finding bugs/making suggestions for the site.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 3

I don't see an issue with investing.  Not my purpose personally but at the same time,  I could just download roms instead of buying cib genesis/ sega cd games. If you only care about playing,  repros or roms on a flashcard are all you need.  If you are still buying the original media, you're lying to yourself if you think you're only buying to play.  I'm buying the original media because there is something tactile and enjoyable about getting my own copy of the rom for a flash cart. I also enjoy knowing my $80 lightening force won't lose value sitting on the shelf. Not investing,  but it's close enough that I can't be a gate keeper and complain about the "investors". 

On 9/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, guitarzombie said:

I think it's pretty neat. Good free alternative to terapeak IMO. I have some issues with the pokemon game prices though as it's pulling in a lot of fakes.

4 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

I think it's pretty neat. Good free alternative to terapeak IMO. I have some issues with the pokemon game prices though as it's pulling in a lot of fakes.

This is a situation i am aware of and trying to brainstorm a fix. I have some ideas, but i think for now i am going to have to physically go in and monitor these weekly which is not ideal. If you see a fake, please report it and i will remove it. 

I keep adding bad sellers to a block list that only sell fakes hoping to reduce this frequency, but it's like for every 1 i block, 10 more pop up. 

Edited by Magus

59 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Id like to see the search improved, specifically click on an autocompleted entry. If there's only one exact match, i want to go right to that entry. Having to click through the list of matches again to get there is annoying.

Yeah i agree, let me shoot this their way. Thanks. 

On 9/5/2020 at 1:20 PM, RH said:

Maybe this is a bigger issue, but can we get the Turok games added for the Switch.  I've not looked.  Maybe there are more LRG titles that need to be added, but I know the Turok games were released a while ago.

I just added these quickly myself. It's a duo pack from LRG correct? Or are there other versions? Just to be sure i get them all. Someone is making their way through S right now as well. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Magus said:

I just added these quickly myself. It's a duo pack from LRG correct? Or are there other versions? Just to be sure i get them all. Someone is making their way through S right now as well. 

Honestly, I don't know.  In my case, I bought a new Turok.  It's a standard, red/thin Switch case with the classic Turok cover image.  I believe you could have ordered it alone, but maybe it was a two-game order. Regardless, I don't think they were sealed together.

2 minutes ago, RH said:

Honestly, I don't know.  In my case, I bought a new Turok.  It's a standard, red/thin Switch case with the classic Turok cover image.  I believe you could have ordered it alone, but maybe it was a two-game order. Regardless, I don't think they were sealed together.

EDIT

This is one like the one I bought.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turok-Standard-Edition-Nintendo-Switch-2019-New-Sealed/154072790239?epid=2306215164&hash=item23df7434df:g:2D0AAOSwMldfUZvO

5 minutes ago, RH said:

okay i added these 2 as well, they were sold individually as well. Might need to adjust keywords once i see how it pulls in.

As for Dragon Quest let me look into it. I don't believe this was recently added.

3 minutes ago, RH said:

And one more thing... a loose Switch console is being calculated as $19.99.  Someone didn't dump a big, hot lot at that price either.  I assume this is a rounding issue.

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-switch/game/nintendo-switch-grey?gameid=44

Yup that isn't correct, i will send this along as well. Thanks.