IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

58 minutes ago, Armageddon Potato said:

Heya bud! Just a couple questions:

1.) Best offer sold listings have been inflating the price of BIN'd games when the best offer was present or made with the purchase. I've experienced this first hand already in a purchase I made of a somewhat rare game. Is there a way to find the best offer price and use that more accurate data, or has Ebay completely blocked that off from ever being tracked?
2.) Do you have plans to expand to other places such as Amazon for video game price tracking?

This best offer issue "Should" already have been fixed. Can you send me which game, even by PM if you don't want to share? This is definitely something that was a priority to be fixed, so if some are still not pulling in the Best Offer price and instead the incorrect list price, we need to fix that. Thank you!

As for Amazon, that isn't very likely just due to the way the information is pulled from sites like Ebay unfortunately. 

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 1

Someone should build a new price charting website and keep the code.  Let it get popular enough for GoCollect to buy it.  Then re-use the code and make a different website name.  Rinse and repeat.  Hoping to eventually drain their account a bit.

I will accept 10% for anyone who takes this idea.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Someone should build a new price charting website and keep the code.  Let it get popular enough for GoCollect to buy it.  Then re-use the code and make a different website name.  Rinse and repeat.  Hoping to eventually drain their account a bit.

I will accept 10% for anyone who takes this idea.

I had an itsy bitsy, teeny tiny smidge of insight on how GVN worked and a lot of it was daily, manual checking a thousand or so listings that the algorithm wasn't sure was CIB, or Loose...or the right game.

There was a lot of eBay search magic going on too, like you can't just put "Super Mario Bros. NES" because then Super Mario Bros. 2, 3, Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt Track Meet, and even Tetris Nintendo World Cup would show up. So you have to subtract them like this "Super Mario Bros" NES -2 -3 -duck -hunt -dh -track -wctm -tetris -cup and even then you might get repros and hacks, so you have to make sure you add -hack -pirate -repro -reproduction -custom, and then you have to make sure it's for the NES and not a re-release, like the one on GBA.

So it's easy to filter out one title, but now do 25,000 of them across dozens of platforms....and make sure you check your filters once in a while because what if nintendo comes out with a Switch game called "Super Mario Bros. NES World" or something like that.

Then you have to keep up with new titles that come out for existing systems, at least once a week. It's "easier" nowadays since we're at the end of a console generation (Nintendo don't count because they don't make game consoles anymore) but Hogie was doing it at the peak of the current console generation!

• Wow! 1

46 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I had an itsy bitsy, teeny tiny smidge of insight on how GVN worked and a lot of it was daily, manual checking a thousand or so listings that the algorithm wasn't sure was CIB, or Loose...or the right game.

There was a lot of eBay search magic going on too, like you can't just put "Super Mario Bros. NES" because then Super Mario Bros. 2, 3, Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt Track Meet, and even Tetris Nintendo World Cup would show up. So you have to subtract them like this "Super Mario Bros" NES -2 -3 -duck -hunt -dh -track -wctm -tetris -cup and even then you might get repros and hacks, so you have to make sure you add -hack -pirate -repro -reproduction -custom, and then you have to make sure it's for the NES and not a re-release, like the one on GBA.

So it's easy to filter out one title, but now do 25,000 of them across dozens of platforms....and make sure you check your filters once in a while because what if nintendo comes out with a Switch game called "Super Mario Bros. NES World" or something like that.

Then you have to keep up with new titles that come out for existing systems, at least once a week. It's "easier" nowadays since we're at the end of a console generation (Nintendo don't count because they don't make game consoles anymore) but Hogie was doing it at the peak of the current console generation!

Stop throwing cold water on my joke! 😄

8 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I don’t know, as long as it keeps doing what I use it for well I don’t much care what the WATA dopes do.  It sure looked for a minute though like it was going to be a real train wreck.

Yeah I mean in all honestly I love the upgrade where you can see photos.  That will be invaluable years down the road as these links expire.  A thumbnail is better than nothing.

But just don't pretend to be an unbiased price tracking site when you decide to exclude nearly a decade of sealed graded sales of VGA items. And then just lump together "graded" when it could be a graded CIB or a graded sealed game that is $1,000s of dollars apart in value.

I like GVN but the amount of rookie mistakes they are making here is a joke.  Theirwhole thing is to pimp Wata graded sales and they can't even do that correctly.

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

well they have opened up most of the statistics to everyone........ surprised to see how much the Wii moves in sales

If you're into stats this is a game changer...... it will be interesting to see what this does to the market if used.

Another feature we have besides just platform sales is a top movers widget/tool. Essentially it will show you the top 10 games that have the biggest increase/decrease margin in price on the home page. The actual design and layout is still being tweaked to be the most user friendly and aesthetically pleasing.

BUT if you go further into the tool, you can choose from a bunch of options to search games by sales count, increase, decrease, total value for every system and for every condition New/Loose/CIB. You can also set this search to be a specific time frame. And it will show you the "then" vs "Now" price as well as the percent of movement. And for much more than just 10 games at a time. 

https://gamevaluenow.com/top?scope=game&age=7&list_by=volume

There are many uses for these tools, and we hope it helps users by having much more access to the sales data.

Edited by Magus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Magus said:

Another feature we have besides just platform sales is a top movers widget/tool. Essentially it will show you the top 10 games that have the biggest increase/decrease margin in price on the home page. The actual design and layout is still being tweaked to be the most user friendly and aesthetically pleasing.

BUT if you go further into the tool, you can choose from a bunch of options to search games by sales count, increase, decrease, total value for every system and for every condition New/Loose/CIB. You can also set this search to be a specific time frame. And it will show you the "then" vs "Now" price as well as the percent of movement. And for much more than just 10 games at a time. 

https://gamevaluenow.com/top?scope=game&age=7&list_by=volume

There are many uses for these tools, and we hope it helps users by having much more access to the sales data.

Uh...

Isn't that the exact thing that got Hogie banned from the eBay API?

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

His license was revoked for making too many calls; they are not making more calls, just showing info from the data collected.

I know you were involved with him more, so you definitely have more info regarding it. But back in March 2018 I asked him why the feature was removed to which he responded this:

Hey Joseph,

Sadly, the sales tracker had to be removed. Unknown to me until recently, it goes against eBays policies to divulge such information about sales. We are actually currently being reviewed by them and at this time, do not have access to their api. We have been on hold now for nearly 3 months, waiting for them to make a decision. It has been an extremely frustrating situation to say the least. I am hoping things will clear up soon.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

I know you were involved with him more, so you definitely have more info regarding it. But back in March 2018 I asked him why the feature was removed to which he responded this:

Ah, maybe I forgot that bit. I was working with him on the site at the time so I'm sure we had that conversation. I don't recall it though.

12 hours ago, jonebone said:

But just don't pretend to be an unbiased price tracking site when you decide to exclude nearly a decade of sealed graded sales of VGA items. And then just lump together "graded" when it could be a graded CIB or a graded sealed game that is $1,000s of dollars apart in value.

Yeah, my bookmark for this site has been removed for a while now; I can only stomach so much bullshit.  Just the facts, Ma'am, that's all I'm looking for.  Pricecharting.com don't fail me now...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RH said:

Hey @Magus. Please take a look at the Singer Sewing Machine cartridge for the GBC.  Hasn't loaded since 2017.

https://gamevaluenow.com/gameboy-color/Sewing-Machine-Operation-Software-Singer-Izek?gameid=340

Thanks! Working on this one now. This is likely a keyword issue because of the wording and context of the game. 

Blood will tell is officially fixed with a new average of $300+ for CIB as well. 

2 minutes ago, Magus said:

Thanks! Working on this one now. This is likely a keyword issue because of the wording and context of the game. 

Blood will tell is officially fixed with a new average of $300+ for CIB as well. 

Yeah, that's a tough one. I just picked up one and I wanted to check it out. Personally, I think the cartridge should just be listed as a single cart with no IB.  I don't think it has a box, other than the big box the sewing machine came in.  In that case, you'd want to reference the sewing machine as CIB, but not the game.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RH said:

Yeah, that's a tough one. I just picked up one and I wanted to check it out. Personally, I think the cartridge should just be listed as a single cart with no IB.  I don't think it has a box, other than the big box the sewing machine came in.  In that case, you'd want to reference the sewing machine as CIB, but not the game.

Yup this one needs to be completely redone. There will likely be an entry for the Sewing Machine and Software. CIB will be everything including the box it all came in. Loose would be the sewing machine, game, and accessories. And New is self explanatory.

Then there would be a software only database entry. With only a loose category for the cartridge. Lots of other games do this, skylanders and the portal it comes with for example, there is a game only entry in GVN for just the game, and an entry for the full game and portal. 

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 1