IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

@SilverspoonGaming Actually i just added them all now. They will take 24 hours or so to show any data though, and keep in mind for any new game added, keywords are adjusted, but sometimes there are unexpected conflicts that aren't found until later. So the keywords need to be adjusted once data is pulled in, to see which potential conflicts still exist after the initial keyword entry. Uncommon for most titles, but can happen. 

Edited by Magus
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 11:13 PM, Magus said:

For FF7 there are no graded games at all in the database at the moment. So that clearly is an issue, that HA listing you posted will be added and any other Wata sales we can find to get some data back in there. I am not sure why that HA sale is missing, we pulled in THOUSANDS of sales that i had to manually enter lol So if your point is that graded sales data is missing, i totally get that and will be fixed. But other than that i am still not following you on the issue with FF7 and it's average raw "Sealed" price. The sealed tab has all correct data and sales from ebay, i just looked it over. The average is legit. Most of the sales over the past 3 years are between 300-500 until just recently. Those 2 $3000 sales aren't enough to jack the average way up for the entirety of the sealed category. Especially since it immediately cooled off and had recent sales of $1000 and under. What average are you expecting to see for the "sealed" tab? Are you saying the $1,100 showing up now is not an accurate average? Just want to clarify and make sure i am on the same page! 

Just want to point you to this eBay auction currently going for a VGA90 copy of FFVII Black label "Realistic Violence" print. It was listed just hours ago (with 8 days remaining), and already is over $2000 with 8 bidders and over 9 total bids. Just to give you some perspective about what the value of that item is in that condition among collectors, if there was any doubt before. I would be shocked if it doesn't hit $3k, and if I had to guess at that grade (which doesn't come up often), the auction will probably end north of the $4-5k territory.

This is not due to the remake hype, the item was always collectible. If it goes over $5k then yes, I would say the remake had a hand in that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-VII-Playstation-1-PS1-First-Print-VGA-90-Not-Wata-Mint/203095308384?epid=214699225&hash=item2f496c7860:g:WhMAAOSwaFFfUCcD

5 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

Is GVN supposed to have games from LRG and other similar companies? I see a lot are missing.

Yeah this is the next phase after our guy gets through the alphabet on the list he is on. He's on S right now. Once everything is in, we are going to go back and fill in all the missing LRG games and limited editions. Switch is modern, but it's amazing how collectible it already has become. We definitely want to cater to that. 

If you happen to have a list of LRG that you have seen and that you want added and want to shoot it over, it may help us get them in faster, but they will be entered regardless either way. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Magus said:

Yeah this is the next phase after our guy gets through the alphabet on the list he is on. He's on S right now. Once everything is in, we are going to go back and fill in all the missing LRG games and limited editions. Switch is modern, but it's amazing how collectible it already has become. We definitely want to cater to that. 

If you happen to have a list of LRG that you have seen and that you want added and want to shoot it over, it may help us get them in faster, but they will be entered regardless either way. 

I only have a list of the 5 limited run games I own that aren't on the site. I'm sure there are many more, and this list might not be helpful since you still have to go through the whole catalog of releases, but here they are. All Switch games:

Blazing Chrome

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia

Dark Devotion

The Messenger Limited Edition (Special Reserve Games)

Timespinner

Two things-- I just noticed the Top Performers section.  I'm sure it's been there but I often go to the site and immediately search.  That's something I've wanted, somewhere, for ages so thanks @Magus and team!

Also, I noticed while looking at Star Tropics, there have been multiple sales of graded games but the graded price is N/A.  I've not spot-checked any other games.  Is this a bug with Star Tropics or are you guys working on a new/proper way to value graded games.

IMHO, it would make sense to not have a single, "graded" price.  It's to variable from game to game, system to system and, of course, condition to condition.  I really like seeing the data but I'm wondering what you guys perspective is on that value and the related metrics.  How do you value graded games, especially since sales are often sparse and there are so many variables?

Thanks Magus!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RH said:

Two things-- I just noticed the Top Performers section.  I'm sure it's been there but I often go to the site and immediately search.  That's something I've wanted, somewhere, for ages so thanks @Magus and team!

Also, I noticed while looking at Star Tropics, there have been multiple sales of graded games but the graded price is N/A.  I've not spot-checked any other games.  Is this a bug with Star Tropics or are you guys working on a new/proper way to value graded games.

IMHO, it would make sense to not have a single, "graded" price.  It's to variable from game to game, system to system and, of course, condition to condition.  I really like seeing the data but I'm wondering what you guys perspective is on that value and the related metrics.  How do you value graded games, especially since sales are often sparse and there are so many variables?

Thanks Magus!

Glad to hear you are making use of it! That was our hope.

So Graded games will not have an average price. Like you said, it just makes no sense and wouldn't be a useful number at all . I am discussing now on whether it also makes sense to split that section for CIB Graded and Sealed Graded. I will let you know what they say. 

11 minutes ago, Magus said:

Glad to hear you are making use of it! That was our hope.

So Graded games will not have an average price. Like you said, it just makes no sense and wouldn't be a useful number at all . I am discussing now on whether it also makes sense to split that section for CIB Graded and Sealed Graded. I will let you know what they say. 

Though I 100% think that makes sense, if you include eBay sales of WATA graded games, you're going to have a tough time verifying that.  A lot of people, I'm sure, simply sell games as "Graded".  Sealed or not.

But, if you're only posting Heritage auctions, I assume you can easily get that data.

24 minutes ago, RH said:

Though I 100% think that makes sense, if you include eBay sales of WATA graded games, you're going to have a tough time verifying that.  A lot of people, I'm sure, simply sell games as "Graded".  Sealed or not.

But, if you're only posting Heritage auctions, I assume you can easily get that data.

AFAIK all graded games come through me first, none just get auto approved through. Whether it be Ebay or HA, so that shouldn't be an issue as i can manually sort them. I will have to get confirmation on that. 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Jeez the basic functionality of this site gets worse and worse. I tried to look up adventures of lolo 3 just now, the instant search found it, I clicked and nothing, spin and spin. Tried to refresh the site and just spin and spin. 

Works fine for me, check your internet?

image.png

35 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Did the next best thing, went to PriceCharting lol

It works for gloves, and i just checked myself and it loaded just about instantly. 

Is anybody else having issues getting the site to load?  If nobody else is having issues loading the site, it really may be your internet or browser. 

Moderator · Posted
1 minute ago, Magus said:

It works for gloves, and i just checked myself and it loaded just about instantly. 

Is anybody else having issues getting the site to load?  If nobody else is having issues loading the site, it really may be your internet or browser. 

Works great for me. 

• Like 1