IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

This is a bonkers price IMO. I know this game has been looking scarce since COVID-mania started but come on. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Konami-Krazy-Racers-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-2001-CIB-/224353590455?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Yeah, I was following that one too...I don't disagree that is WAY too much, but I feel like it may be a case of a collector finding exactly what they want (condition wise) and just putting a max bid of something ridiculous in...Back in May/June 2020, there was a CIB of Colin McCrae 2.0 for GBA available in great condition (I didn't really care too much about the condition), but I hadn't seen one for sale on eBay or Amazon in over 2 years (and it was one of the few games I didn't have CIB) so I decided I was going to buy it...I bid $700 with a second remaining in the auction (it was at $105 when I bid) just so I knew I would be the top bid...and somebody overbid me 😲, and they got it for $710.

Sticking with GBA, I personally thought this was a little much, but the game is ultra-rare, so to each his own I guess

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Sealed-Sega-Rally-For-GameBoy-Advance-Original-/133656418437?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=aIbWKF99McchAr9r%2BTDfZ3SuAyw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Naked Warrior
words
  • Like 1

Prices on Nintendo trading cards are way up. Everyone is trying to find the next Marvel Universe spike I think, I don't keep on track of cards much. Late December a Donkey Kong box sold for $50, January a case of 24 boxes sold for $1800 ($75/box), now individual boxes are selling for $300-400!

I can't wait to see where this goes next honestly. I would not have guessed 1980s trading cards would be something exponentially increasing in price due to speculation. To anyone paying $100s for a box of Donkey Kong cards, where were you 3 months ago when you could barely give them away and why didn't you care then? How do these objects that have been junk for decades suddenly become hype machines?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RH said:

Welp, I guess I need to stop giving away free Topps Nintendo Game Packs with purchase of my junk.  A year ago, you use to be able to get $3-5 each.  Looks like they can go for $10 now, and once the DK market shakes out, I'm sure the Nintendo Paks will heat up.

Hey I got my last packs of those from you!

• Like 1

Wow on both Konami Krazy Racers and Sega Rally -- that's ridiculously inflated.  Makes you just wish all this blows up in peoples faces once the vaccine is truly out and about in peoples systems and the money dries up.  Anyone losing their ass on these big purchases speculating on it deserve to lose.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Is this really a thing that is?

https://www.lukiegames.com/Juka-Monophonic-Menace-GameBoy-Advance.html

I am quite certain I bought a NIB copy of this 8 months ago off Amazon for $20 shipped, and the seller (Deal Tavern) had like 70+ in stock...there appear to be none on eBay as well...I smell Wall Street Bets-style market manipulation!

Thank the Lord Lukie Games has it on sale!! (Except they are out of stock 😞 )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Naked Warrior said:

Is this really a thing that is?

https://www.lukiegames.com/Juka-Monophonic-Menace-GameBoy-Advance.html

I am quite certain I bought a NIB copy of this 8 months ago off Amazon for $20 shipped, and the seller (Deal Tavern) had like 70+ in stock...there appear to be none on eBay as well...I smell Wall Street Bets-style market manipulation!

Thank the Lord Lukie Games has it on sale!! (Except they are out of stock 😞 )

Hey I saw that on DealTavern’s Ebay store last year, it was one of the “more expensive” games meaning $40-50 and I’ve got too much bone fide good stuff on my want list to buy random DT sealed games I’ve never heard of in the hopes it will be some future gem.

6 hours ago, Nesmaster said:

Sold at $250 according to 130point.  Not sure what slabwatch is but it appears inaccurate.

And I could go on and on about DealTavern games that sold out and have totally blown up to the moon in pricing.  If you find ones that he has in nice shape (because it's a total crapshoot, some are junk and some are gem), then you always do well buying from him.  Inventory has been picked pretty clean by this point but I'm sure there's still some that will inevitably spike. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

And I could go on and on about DealTavern games that sold out and have totally blown up to the moon in pricing.  If you find ones that he has in nice shape (because it's a total crapshoot, some are junk and some are gem), then you always do well buying from him.  Inventory has been picked pretty clean by this point but I'm sure there's still some that will inevitably spike. 

I’ve seen the DealTavern guy on FB in some collecting groups and even he says that when he sells out of something the price goes up. It’s all perceived scarcity!

24 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Wait, wait, wait, hold up. The marvel universe cards are worth money now? I have sooo many of those cards from when I was a kid. Am I rich? 

Some PSA 10s are selling for $1000s and 9s for $100s, but by the time you submit your cards and get them back next year the bubble might burst!

36 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Some PSA 10s are selling for $1000s and 9s for $100s, but by the time you submit your cards and get them back next year the bubble might burst!

I better hurry up and see what I got then! The artwork on those marvel universe cards aren't even that great! The Jim Lee x-men cards looked 10x cooler he drew the whole set. And it looks like from what I've searched that they are not worth as much. 🤷‍♂️