IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

15 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

Is it just me or is building a complete collection about the journey not the destination? I'm not by any means a set collector, but if I was I'd want to get to learn the set, learn its contents, and build an understanding and connection to it. Just seems like bidding $3k for one on ebay kills that and also kills the thrill of the hunt. 

Different world for sealed honestly a lot of new people are joining due to games being considered a legit collectible. All these new players are trying to gobble up everything they like and having prices go nuts but stuff isn’t readily on eBay anymore. Certain games have dried up super fast so it’s more fomo and good deal hunting then speed collecting 

5 hours ago, jonebone said:

Remember, when you factor in shipping to and from plus the cost of grading, it's at least about $50-$75 to grade a CIB.  Take out $50 to $75 of those prices and it's not nearly as bad. 

True enough, even with that though and having bought these a while ago, if they all go in the 200 range that's almost $400 in profit. I'm letting them go anyway, might as well maximize the return if I can.

Well this is a crazy one to me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Hawk-s-Pro-Skater-2-Gameboy-Advance-Nintendo-Game-Boy-/264783003798?orig_cvip=true

THPS2 for the GBA.  It was for auction, and it went for $9.50 with 4 different bidders.

I know that's not a lot of money, but it's a common sports title.  Shipping was free, which is always nice, but I wouldn't have guessed it would have went over $5.  I can understand the occasional going for $10-12 with a BIN, but the fact that this was an auction is what surprises me.

• Wow! 1

15 minutes ago, RH said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Hawk-s-Pro-Skater-2-Gameboy-Advance-Nintendo-Game-Boy-/264783003798?orig_cvip=true

THPS2 for the GBA.  It was for auction, and it went for $9.50 with 4 different bidders.

I know that's not a lot of money, but it's a common sports title.  Shipping was free, which is always nice, but I wouldn't have guessed it would have went over $5.  I can understand the occasional going for $10-12 with a BIN, but the fact that this was an auction is what surprises me.

Truly the bizarre sale of our time! 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
25 minutes ago, RH said:

...that has a remake forthcoming and a bit of renewed hype.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, broncofantd793 said:

Kicking myself for not getting a Sculptor's Cut CIB, and I had 3 chances.  Now the box only is $2000 USD. Good luck tracking down a manual. Forever 295.67/296. 

Pokemon Snap has a Switch release coming out, AND I AM SO PUMPED.

I sold a manual two weekends ago and some people were still offering $500 for it like that was a fair price, lol.  Yeah a graded beat CIB copy sold for $6k a few months back and that one isn't slowing down.

21 minutes ago, jonebone said:

I sold a manual two weekends ago and some people were still offering $500 for it like that was a fair price, lol.  Yeah a graded beat CIB copy sold for $6k a few months back and that one isn't slowing down.

The people offering below market are silly or unaware. I feel like an idiot for selling all the Stunt Racer's and Beast Wars I had piled.  Those would've been my best shot at unearthing a Sculptor's Cut manual.

I almost bought the $28 repro manual on eBay and called it a day.

Administrator · Posted

I know my handheld collection is tiny, but I've been very picky about just getting the games I actually want. That said, for such a tiny collection, it's certainly gone up in value recently:

image.png

Basically it's literally just Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Zelda.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I know my handheld collection is tiny, but I've been very picky about just getting the games I actually want. That said, for such a tiny collection, it's certainly gone up in value recently:

image.png

Basically it's literally just Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Zelda.

Wow yeah, ouch, quite a bit of value there for so few games.  What site is that you ripped that image off of?  I'm somewhat tempted to run the few hundred items I have through to see if I'd be guessing it right or shocked lowballing it.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Wow yeah, ouch, quite a bit of value there for so few games.  What site is that you ripped that image off of?  I'm somewhat tempted to run the few hundred items I have through to see if I'd be guessing it right or shocked lowballing it.

I entered them into the Gamevaluenow collection tracker. 

FYI their numbers are actually somewhat off on random titles, so for instance my ps2 collection is saying it's a few hundred dollars lower than what price charting says. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

FYI their numbers are actually somewhat off on random titles, so for instance my ps2 collection is saying it's a few hundred dollars lower than what price charting says. 

Do you happen to know what games are off on PS2? Would love to adjust them if you do. Thanks. 

47 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Blood Will Tell is the only one I know for sure top of my head. There are chunks of time with missing sales data. 

Fixing this one now. If you happen to come across any other games with missing sales data, please let me know. The percentage should be small, since we have been addressing most of them, but we would love to fix any remaining that are left behind we didn't catch. Thanks again. 

Edit- Looks like the subtitle was blocking out the sales, had to change it to just Blood Will Tell. Some past sales will be pulled in and will adjust the value. That one is about 200-300 off, so that could be where your total value was off compared to PC. 

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 1

Well, I just had someone make an offer, and was auto-accepted, for $1000 for my Magic Knight Rayearth.  I think I paid $350 for it and at that time, it was a bit over priced.  It was in great shape, though, so I didn't mind.

Still blows my mind. I also have 5x DG IVs for DS sealed on the bay.  I think I'm about to have a guy in NZ accept one for $135 (which includes shipping) and I had a guy earlier immediately send me an offer for $100 each, for all 5.  I told him to message me in a week.  I paid $10 + shipping for those from Square about 3 years ago.  They were already going up in value, but they've just about doubled since pre-covid.

11 hours ago, jonebone said:

Hey that was sarcastic!

I remember flipping backwards when I sold my CIB with a shitty box and cart and a pristine mint manual for $1350 back in 2013.

That’s why I said “I guess this isn’t a $500 manual anymore” 😛 

Surprised you sold it so fast though, should have let me know before moving it since I want one!

On 8/20/2020 at 2:35 PM, Gloves said:

Good to know, guessing then it's more or less accurate within a bit, still a fair guesstimate at best.  You really can't trust any of the trackers since it's all like bot collected info anyway so there's no eyes to tweak things or fix holes in data either.

Administrator · Posted
36 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Good to know, guessing then it's more or less accurate within a bit, still a fair guesstimate at best.  You really can't trust any of the trackers since it's all like bot collected info anyway so there's no eyes to tweak things or fix holes in data either.

I'd only ever use any tracker as a general guideline, they don't account for condition and a plethora of other things. It's a good average-ish value.

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd only ever use any tracker as a general guideline, they don't account for condition and a plethora of other things. It's a good average-ish value.

Exactly we're on the same page there.  I find when anyone ever says they'll take the VGPC or 10% off that average when wanting to sell things, retail or online people, I walk.  If they're that lazy and don't care, they're not the only source.  It's fine on averages, to get a start, but not the final say or even near that.

• 4 months later...