IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

55 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

that’s part of the fun/thrill for some of us - the gamble. 

ps - wanna buy some mark mcgwire baseball cards?  i have a ton!

I just find it funny/ironic that this person saw what 99% of collectors didn't at the time (the late 90s through the 00s) and bought up and hoarded tons of games with the intention to sell only to miss a massive jump by a few years. Just crazy to think of the price jump for this stuff (sealed, graded) in the last two to three years as most people were blown away by common stuff in 2012-2014 which now look like bargain bin prices again.

22 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I just find it funny/ironic that this person saw what 99% of collectors didn't at the time (the late 90s through the 00s) and bought up and hoarded tons of games with the intention to sell only to miss a massive jump by a few years. Just crazy to think of the price jump for this stuff (sealed, graded) in the last two to three years as most people were blown away by common stuff in 2012-2014 which now look like bargain bin prices again.

oh for sure!  i agree.  just look at all the 'meh' games on ebay right now that are sealed and slabbed.  i have dozens myself.  lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cromag27 said:

on major difference though -  none of these were sealed and slabbed with a vga 85 rating. 

I understand what you are saying, but I was told that I would never see another one of these Non Rev A copies 'in my lifetime', so I just listed/found 4 Non Rev A Gotcha boxes that sold in the last 2 months and 1 more that is being currently auctioned off, so I just am responding to that incorrect (once in a life time statement) information being told to me.

Edited by Dumars2001

28 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

I understand what you are saying, but I was told that I would never see another one of these Non Rev A copies 'in my lifetime', so I just listed/found 4 Non Rev A Gotcha boxes that sold in the last 2 months and 1 more that is being currently auctioned off, so I just am responding to that incorrect (once in a life time statement) information being told to me.

well if you want to get technical (accurate), 'another one' was never defined.  so you assumed he meant just another non-rev a.  only he can clarify what he meant.

8 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

well if you want to get technical (accurate), 'another one' was never defined.  so you assumed he meant just another non-rev a.  only he can clarify what he meant.

well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to surmise that was clearly what he was referencing to.

13 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to surmise that was clearly what he was referencing to.

well... i'm more of a 'be exact' type of person.  but everybody's different i suppose.

the reason i'm looking at it this way is - grading is such a huge part of collecting value, it's reasonable he was only referring to a graded vga 85 copy, still sealed.  the other listings you found only proves that point.

Edited by cromag27

1 hour ago, cromag27 said:

well... i'm more of a 'be exact' type of person.  but everybody's different i suppose.

the reason i'm looking at it this way is - grading is such a huge part of collecting value, it's reasonable he was only referring to a graded vga 85 copy, still sealed.  the other listings you found only proves that point.

Sigh.....ok, you win! I will never see another Non Rev A Gotcha in my life!!

1 hour ago, cromag27 said:

He's right, I didn't think he'd find another no REV-A box. I thought it was much rarer than it is, I was apparently wrong.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

He's right, I didn't think he'd find another no REV-A box. I thought it was much rarer than it is, I was apparently wrong.

No no noooo dude! Come on! 

Never admit to being wrong, this in the internet! GAWL! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

well, goes to show where my head is at.  i actually thought you meant another vga 85.

It all good! I apologize for any confusion. I hate being combative and always try to treat people in life/on the internet with the utmost respect, so I am sorry if i said something to offend you.

2 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

It all good! I apologize for any confusion. I hate being combative and always try to treat people in life/on the internet with the utmost respect, so I am sorry if i said something to offend you.

no worries!  same. i know my dry sense of humor doesn’t always help things. lol. 

34 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The first 2 are the same.

Yep, you were right about that. my apologies to you for that. i accidentally put the same link for the first two links i posted. i went back and put in the right link now, so it has been update. Once again, sorry for any confusion:).

here is another non-rev A that sold for $799

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Gotcha-The-Sport-Game-BOX-ONLY-Mint-Vintage-Rare-/224324224174?hash=item343ac404ae%3Ag%3ADOoAAOSwK7FgChLX&nma=true&si=AFE28odtOjHeYSejMOkVwsZpUsA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Dumars2001

Gotcha! non REV-A box = little bit hard to find
Gotcha! 5-screw cart = exceedingly rare.

Remember guys, the logistics of putting together a retail product containing many different items that are manufactured independently from each other isn't exactly easy.  In a perfect world, all non REV-A boxes would have 5 screw carts.  It was NOA's intent to have the REV-A on the box signify the product change from 5 to 3 screws.  However, games made on the borderline when this change was happening (late '87 through early '88) aren't going to be perfect with their timing.  They obviously manufactured the Gotcha! boxes well in advance of the cartridges, and threw them together anyway - they're a business; they're not going to discard perfectly usable items...

TLDR - Any random sealed non REV-A Gotcha! will probably not have a 5 screw cart in it and, ergo, probably isn't worth anywhere near what it would be worth if it was guaranteed to have one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Gotcha! non REV-A box = little bit hard to find
Gotcha! 5-screw cart = exceedingly rare.

Remember guys, the logistics of putting together a retail product containing many different items that are manufactured independently from each other isn't exactly easy.  In a perfect world, all non REV-A boxes would have 5 screw carts.  It was NOA's intent to have the REV-A on the box signify the product change from 5 to 3 screws.  However, games made on the borderline when this change was happening (late '87 through early '88) aren't going to be perfect with their timing.  They obviously manufactured the Gotcha! boxes well in advance of the cartridges, and threw them together anyway - they're a business; they're not going to discard perfectly usable items...

TLDR - Any random sealed non REV-A Gotcha! will probably not have a 5 screw cart in it and, ergo, probably isn't worth anywhere near what it would be worth if it was guaranteed to have one.

Very well said and informative!! Thanks.