IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Gotcha! non REV-A box = little bit hard to find
Gotcha! 5-screw cart = exceedingly rare.

Remember guys, the logistics of putting together a retail product containing many different items that are manufactured independently from each other isn't exactly easy.  In a perfect world, all non REV-A boxes would have 5 screw carts.  It was NOA's intent to have the REV-A on the box signify the product change from 5 to 3 screws.  However, games made on the borderline when this change was happening (late '87 through early '88) aren't going to be perfect with their timing.  They obviously manufactured the Gotcha! boxes well in advance of the cartridges, and threw them together anyway - they're a business; they're not going to discard perfectly usable items...

TLDR - Any random sealed non REV-A Gotcha! will probably not have a 5 screw cart in it and, ergo, probably isn't worth anywhere near what it would be worth if it was guaranteed to have one.

I suppose someone could X-ray it to see if it's got 5 screws in there. It's crazy, but it'd work. I can't even imagine how that conversation would go down.

1 hour ago, acromite53 said:

What the heck happened with Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Switch? Its going for like $225 used for the standard edition. Luckily, that is one of the few LRG games I bought from them. Are other LRG games seeing that jump too?

That’s probably the most ridiculous one and has been for a while. 

On 3/9/2021 at 6:25 PM, acromite53 said:

What the heck happened with Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Switch? Its going for like $225 used for the standard edition. Luckily, that is one of the few LRG games I bought from them. Are other LRG games seeing that jump too?

I think last year the rest of the Shantae games finally got physical editions on Switch, so people want it to complete the set.

18 minutes ago, Inzoreno said:

I think last year the rest of the Shantae games finally got physical editions on Switch, so people want it to complete the set.

Aren't a bunch more of Shantae & the Pirate's Curse in production (and this time in a Steelbook) tho?  I remember buying this, but I thought they sold them separately too?

https://limitedrungames.com/products/september-11th-mega-bundle

A Super Mario Bros (Black Seal) WATA 9.6 currently being sold on Heritage Auctions is already up to $210,000 (without the buyer's premium added) with 21 days left!! So, basically it is has already broken the Super Mario 3 record set last month with 21 days to go!  Any guesses, where this ends up at!?

In April (when the auction ends), get ready for another round of news reports of a record setting sale of a video game, even more people coming into the hobby and prices going up even higher across the board. Dare I say, buy now, while prices are still 'reasonable'! 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/super-mario-bros-wata-96-a-sealed-hangtab-1-code-mid-production-nes-nintendo-1985-usa/a/7242-93028.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

18 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Right. The only two games in that picture @Naked Warrior are the first one and Risky’s Revenge.

I expect the price of Pirate’s Curse to go up even more when more people realize this.

Yeah and Pirate's Curse was Switch release #21, so it was very early in the days of Limited Run doing Switch games, so I bet far fewer sold then than if they had put it out today or even last year. I remember a lot of calls for a reprint when the other games went up for sale. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-Torna-The-Golden-Country-Nintendo-Switch-Brand-New/174667788115?hash=item28ab02ef53:g:VNIAAOSwGAhgQpiG

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I feel like Amazon recommended this to me for 6 months straight every time I bought something and I kept saying to myself "$30?? It isn't even a whole game!"

Regular ol' Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is apparently $100+ CIB now too...

This raw sealed Nes Karate Kid ended at $4252! Wow, I guess Cobra Kai has helped bring this title to a new level! Beautiful  game/artwork on this one though!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Karate-Kid-Nintendo-NES-1987-Brand-New-SEALED-/224372959167?epid=56210384&hash=item343daba7bf%3Ag%3A79MAAOSwtmVgQA11&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Dumars2001

On 3/12/2021 at 1:42 PM, Naked Warrior said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-Torna-The-Golden-Country-Nintendo-Switch-Brand-New/174667788115?hash=item28ab02ef53:g:VNIAAOSwGAhgQpiG

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I feel like Amazon recommended this to me for 6 months straight every time I bought something and I kept saying to myself "$30?? It isn't even a whole game!"

Regular ol' Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is apparently $100+ CIB now too...

It sold for $180. 😐 [insert internal rage-level metal music here]

That's it! I am officially adding this to my list of reasons why I should limit all my hobby-based game purchases to Japanese imports. 😑

• Like 1

It is pretty clear to see that new collectors in this hobby are after/desire games like Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Black Box Games, Sonic, Pokemon, Disney, Marvel games, popular fighting games (Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, even sports games) and not the games that used to be desired like  Color a dinosaur, Gun Nac, etc. If you have those main character games/famous titles sealed or in good CIB condition, you have a gold mine in today's market! Basically, the items of desirability have done a 180 turn, maybe even a 360 turn from the 'old days'. Recent sales and the sales currently going on at Heritage pretty much prove this shift is the market.

Edited by Dumars2001
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

It is pretty clear to see that new collectors in this hobby are after/desire games like Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Black Box Games, Sonic, Pokemon, Disney, Marvel games, popular fighting games (Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, even sports games) and not the games that used to be desired like  Color a dinosaur, Gun Nac, etc. If you have those main character games/famous titles sealed or in good CIB condition, you have a gold mine in today's market! Basically, things disability has done a 180 turn. Recent sales and the sales currently going on at Heritage pretty much prove this shift is the market.

yup.  relatability and sentimental value can add a lot for people.

1 hour ago, Dumars2001 said:

It is pretty clear to see that new collectors in this hobby are after/desire games like Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Black Box Games, Sonic, Pokemon, Disney, Marvel games, popular fighting games (Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, even sports games) and not the games that used to be desired like  Color a dinosaur, Gun Nac, etc. If you have those main character games/famous titles sealed or in good CIB condition, you have a gold mine in today's market! Basically, things disability has done a 180 turn. Recent sales and the sales currently going on at Heritage pretty much prove this shift is the market.

Yeah in one high end collecting group someone was offering to trade a loose graded Stadium Events plus cash for a sealed or graded Super Mario World and people were blown away. I’ve been following this shift so it wasn’t surprising to me but it’s crazy how if you have been a smart collector hoarding the truly rare cult classic stuff for the past 20 years, you just got smoked by the collector who just wanted normie stuff with Mario or Pokemon or [famous athlete or comic book character] on it. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

55 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah in one high end collecting group someone was offering to trade a loose graded Stadium Events plus cash for a sealed or graded Super Mario World and people were blown away. I’ve been following this shift so it wasn’t surprising to me but it’s crazy how if you have been a smart collector hoarding the truly rare cult classic stuff for the past 20 years, you just got smoked by the collector who just wanted normie stuff with Mario or Pokemon or [famous athlete or comic book character] on it. 

The thing is, those "normie" items aren't rare, so as soon as the demand is sated and covid goes away, those people will be off to greener pastures and the real collectors who aren't going anywhere will still need SE to complete their set.  Yeah a mint first print SMB will always command high value from now on, but the rest of this nonsense bull run on dirt common stuff will be a funny joke to reference back to a few years from now...

• Like 2