IGNORED

What are some of your UNpopular video game opinions? (real ones, not just ones for the sake of trolling or something)

Estil

Some days online I have the voice chat off because I don’t want to deal with it. Especially in CoD. But some days I do enjoy the trash talk. 😅 But I’m a certified asshole.

Dude on my team today: “Dude, you’re ass, delete the game. Can’t believe you spent money on this.”

Had to hook up my mic so I could talk back.

Me: “Yeah it’s crazy that you saw that, considering the only way you can spectate your teammates is when you die before them. I may be ass at this game but you’re stupid, so we’re both suffering. But at least I can fix my issue.”

Dude left the game.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Some days online I have the voice chat off because I don’t want to deal with it. Especially in CoD. But some days I do enjoy the trash talk. 😅 But I’m a certified asshole.

Dude on my team today: “Dude, you’re ass, delete the game. Can’t believe you spent money on this.”

Had to hook up my mic so I could talk back.

Me: “Yeah it’s crazy that you saw that, considering the only way you can spectate your teammates is when you die before them. I may be ass at this game but you’re stupid, so we’re both suffering. But at least I can fix my issue.”

Dude left the game.

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Preteen - "SINGLE PRESTIGE F#GGOT!"

Me - "Excuse me?"

Preteen - "SUCK MY C#CK YOU F#CKING #$@& $#&@"

Me - *starts daydreaming about horrible things happening to a child*

Uh, yeah...thanks but no thanks 😛 

Events Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, Estil said:

I hope you're not calling me a sucker 😞  Don't make me have to play that song near your Jack O Lantern... 😞 

No, I'm just saying that is EA's take on how to make money.  Right or wrong, there is a sucker born every minute.  And a fool and his money are soon parted.

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

No, I'm just saying that is EA's take on how to make money.  Right or wrong, there is a sucker born every minute.  And a fool and his money are soon parted.

What I don't understand is why companies like EA, Bank of America, Wal-Mart and other strongly vilified companies (for either or both employee and/or customer mistreatment) don't seem to care how hated they are.  Don't they have PR departments?  Do people in their inner circle like being so hated?  I wouldn't like it at all... 😞   I don't want to be any sort of "bad guy"... 😞 

Some of you may know i'm not big into SNES cuz I didn't grow up with it.  Not hating on it cuz there are tons of great games for it.  I just started to play some more.  Worked thru Link to the Past and thought it was great.  So trying Super Mario World.

Lovely game but I HATE the physics.  Is it just me but compared to the NES Mario games, SMW Mario feels much lighter and slipperier? I often find myself dying in ways I never would in SMB 1 2 or 3 by under shooting or over shooting something and landing in a pit or in the face of an enemy etc.  It makes the game way more frustrating in a game thats actually much easier conceptually than the other 3.  FWIW I just got to Chocolate Island 1 and found every secret level to that point. 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Some of you may know i'm not big into SNES cuz I didn't grow up with it.  Not hating on it cuz there are tons of great games for it.  I just started to play some more.  Worked thru Link to the Past and thought it was great.  So trying Super Mario World.

Lovely game but I HATE the physics.  Is it just me but compared to the NES Mario games, SMW Mario feels much lighter and slipperier? I often find myself dying in ways I never would in SMB 1 2 or 3 by under shooting or over shooting something and landing in a pit or in the face of an enemy etc.  It makes the game way more frustrating in a game thats actually much easier conceptually than the other 3.  FWIW I just got to Chocolate Island 1 and found every secret level to that point. 

SMW definitely can feel pretty floaty. Mario 3 was the perfect platforming feel, IMO.

11 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

I kinda feel the same way about Genesis (besides Sonic); I really want to be as into it as the SNES but like you said, if you grow up with the NES/SNES rather than the GEN (or vice versa), you're right it's just not the same.

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Estil said:

I kinda feel the same way about Genesis (besides Sonic); I really want to be as into it as the SNES but like you said, if you grow up with the NES/SNES rather than the GEN (or vice versa), you're right it's just not the same.

Yeah I have to agree.  Im much worse at SNES games because theyre a bit more complex.  I have a lot of difficulty handling the cape because its not exactly like the racoon suit in SMB 3 which IMO was much more intuitive.  I ended up getting to the Special Road and just have bowser left.  It certainly is easier because of all the things you can do, like exiting levels or the top secret level to stock up on lives.  I don't like that you can't save at any point, but only after certain parts.

4 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Yeah I have to agree.  Im much worse at SNES games because theyre a bit more complex.  I have a lot of difficulty handling the cape because its not exactly like the racoon suit in SMB 3 which IMO was much more intuitive.  I ended up getting to the Special Road and just have bowser left.  It certainly is easier because of all the things you can do, like exiting levels or the top secret level to stock up on lives.  I don't like that you can't save at any point, but only after certain parts.

You can only save after Castles, Switch Level things that turn on the colored blocks, and Ghost Houses I believe. You can reenter crushed castles with a button combo I don't remember off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You can only save after Castles, Switch Level things that turn on the colored blocks, and Ghost Houses I believe. You can reenter crushed castles with a button combo I don't remember off the top of my head.

Hold down both shoulder buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I forgot this one; I like having strategery (as Rush Limbaugh likes to say 😄 ) guides (the real ones, the book kind) with my games because they make great compaion collectibles with your games.  See I remember pre-YouTube (late 90s/early 00s) that text only guides like the ones at GameFAQs were expected to totally "kill" the need for traditional strategery guides.

What, people didn't appreciate having actual maps/pictures/charts/etc? 😞  

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, croagunk said:

I’m not really into PC gaming/online gaming.

Not sure if this is necessarily unpopular or not, but I prefer cartridges to discs. I was so excited to find out that the Switch uses game cards.

Mostly agree, but I wouldn't dare lump PC gaming with the / for online gaming.  They're as much independent as they are not just as with consoles.  Since the PS3/360 dropped, the last decade has had an increasing amount now nearly all third party console games hit the PC. They due to Windows(MS) tend to have prompts and setup preferring the USB PC version of the 360 controller too.  You can get the console experience without the expensive walled garden to play it, so if you do like console gaming, you should like PC gaming.  it's not as it was in the 90s and the 00s where you had some very distinct genres on PC or console, but not overlapping, or minimally at best and usually not done well.

• Like 1