Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The FOMO is real. All I'm gonna say.

If its any consolation, I'm really not going to risk holding a $10k bag.

I bought 1 share and I'll ride the next wave when I learn to actually do this stuff.

Hopefully my 1 GME stonk goes to the moon mars, and my 0.00420 shares in TSLA will make me retire and I can build the cornerstone of my mega mansion on mars out of NWC golds.

When I meme, I'm lukewarm at best.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

If its any consolation, I'm really not going to risk holding a $10k bag.

I bought 1 share and I'll ride the next wave when I learn to actually do this stuff.

Hopefully my 1 GME stonk goes to the moon mars, and my 0.00420 shares in TSLA will make me retire and I can build the cornerstone of my mega mansion on mars out of NWC golds.

When I meme, I'm lukewarm at best.

I can't possibly even start to trade in any quick fashion, so I couldn't hop on a train right now if I wanted to. Literally all my money is already invested (in a robo investor), and I get paid Friday. It'd take 3 days to get money into a trade app from my bank. 

Like it's whatever, but it's like seeing the carnival come to town and I have a broken leg. All you can do is sit and watch the fun come and go.

But this fun is like - change peoples' lives kinda fun. Yes it's gambling basically, and yes hindsight is 20/20. But it's like - I dunno. It has me in that sorta sour mood ya know?  I'll get over it but right now the human response of "boy that could have solved a great many of my life problems" is there regardless.

@Gloves

I mean, we all had our fair share of kicking @jonebone in the gut when we thought he was crazy. Turns out he's still crazy...crazy rich.

Jokes aside, I'm not losing any sleep and neither should you. Consider this a wake-up call to start investing money responsibly...though, I wonder how safe it is to actually invest in the market *anywhere* today. Stocks literally can't go up forever, no?

Administrator · Posted
Just now, ThePhleo said:

@Gloves

I mean, we all had our fair share of kicking @jonebone in the gut when we thought he was crazy. Turns out he's still crazy...crazy rich.

Jokes aside, I'm not losing any sleep and neither should you. Consider this a wake-up call to start investing money responsibly...though, I wonder how safe it is to actually invest in the market *anywhere* today. Stocks literally can't go up forever, no?

That's the thing though, every sign has pointed to that I HAVE been investing responsibly. I have a steady 7.5% return on my investments which is the average over many years etc. etc.. I keep it in a TFSA, I have an emergency fund that could keep me going for a long while. For all intents and purposes I'm being quite responsible.

And as I say, I know it's basically gambling, what is going on right now. Gambling and market manipulation.

It doesn't change that a bunch of randoms on a website just made more money than most people make in a year. It just doesn't sit very well with me. Like there's literal cheat codes for life or something.

@Gloves it's strange but seeing all those guys getting rich from playing with stocks gives me the complete OPPOSITE reaction... Kinda makes me glad I'm not involved with it at all!

Looks really scary and a lot of people are probably gonna end up in a real bad way sooner or later. I don't quite understand exactly what's happening but it sounds like a lot of people have been fucked over already, and those can't ALL be billionaire fat cats on the opposite end of this, can they?

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, OptOut said:

@Gloves it's strange but seeing all those guys getting rich from playing with stocks gives me the complete OPPOSITE reaction... Kinda makes me glad I'm not involved with it at all!

Looks really scary and a lot of people are probably gonna end up in a real bad way sooner or later. I don't quite understand exactly what's happening but it sounds like a lot of people have been fucked over already, and those can't ALL be billionaire fat cats on the opposite end of this, can they?

Appreciate ya man. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Hedge funds do evil stuff. Just recentlyfrom memory a bunch of hedge funds are going around and finding hospitals in poorer areas and they bankrupt the hospitals so they can use the land for something more valuable while the area gentrifies. Another bunch of these assholes goes around buying up and teaxhing people how to buy up mobile home parks and they know since it is expensive to move a mo ile home and these people are more or less poor they buy up these mobile homes so the can steadily increase their rent. The renters pay up as long as they can and then are forced to leave the "properties."

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

Hedge funds do evil stuff. Just recentlyfrom memory a bunch of hedge funds are going around and finding hospitals in poorer areas and they bankrupt the hospitals so they can use the land for something more valuable while the area gentrifies. Another bunch of these assholes goes around buying up and teaxhing people how to buy up mobile home parks and they know since it is expensive to move a mo ile home and these people are more or less poor they buy up these mobile homes so the can steadily increase their rent. The renters pay up as long as they can and then are forced to leave the "properties."

And you are absolutely sure that 100% of the people on the other side of this are "evil hedge funds"?

I mean I have no idea myself, but I can't imagine for a second it's as black and white as that...

7 minutes ago, OptOut said:

And you are absolutely sure that 100% of the people on the other side of this are "evil hedge funds"?

I mean I have no idea myself, but I can't imagine for a second it's as black and white as that...

It's pretty well reported on. They're of them are down over $1.5B+ dollars 

10 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I am saying that hedge funders do evil stuff all the time. I could also say that the two main short groups goal was to bankrupt the company - they had already profited and refused to close their position until the place was bankrupt. That cost jobs and affects people. Now if you are asking me if this is right or wrong, my real opinion is that if none of the above are true I would still be okay with it because this is how a free market should work, if some guy wants to over leverage themselves and take a high risk for a high reward, the reward doesn't always pay off.

Edited by Californication

25 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Sell that copy of EVO and let it all ride on GME?

No no no.  The GME party is almost over.  Stocks also fall much faster than they rise.  When that one pops, it's going to be quite an amazing sight from the sidelines.  People will be trying to dump with no one buying and it will fall.  Seems like the big short squeeze is leading up to the options that expire this Friday. 

If you're still in GME, you really want to think hard about calling it tomorrow at some point.  Just my advice, coming from a guy who got rid of his last $8 shares around $38.  So obviously I'm not the most qualified person to talk exit strategy, but there will absolutely be a LOT of people left holding the bag. 

21 minutes ago, OptOut said:

The hedge funds are the major short positions.

They aren't the people on the other side of the current buy-sell activity.

BUT they ARE the people that potentially have to cover a massive amount of ITM call contracts on Friday (i.e. up to 15 million shares they may be required to purchase "at any price" if the calls are exercised)

Edited by arch_8ngel