IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

17 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

THIS 100%!  This is all just a game at the end of the day I could see lawsuits fired around on this whole debacle.  Ain’t no way anyone can believe in GME or AMC as a long term hold, zero chance.  I bought and sold AMC over 2 years ago and made money before COVID, but if anything with video games going digital and everyone owning a big flat screen as they get cheaper and all the new streaming services, GME and AMC have no hope long-term.  Get in quick make some money on this joke by all means, but just don’t be the dumbass holding the bag when this all crashes to hell.  

Good to see you grace this thread.  I remember my first losses trading stocks, ticker SOL back on NA and everyone had a good laugh at my expense.  Learned a lot about being able to read a chart and it has taught me well.

GME at $300, of course no one wants that long.  AMC at $15-$20?  Ehhh, you'd be surprised.  There is a lot of meat left on the bone here.  We either get some consolodation and channel for a few days or we jump again after hours and it repeats. 

I know you've been doing this a long time, but simpliest things on a stock are price and volume.  Price isn't that nutty based on past data.  And volume?  Look at the volume!  It's engulfing, bullish and gap up and the sellers can't even force it below the halfway point of the day.  Party is just getting started.

Edited by jonebone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

You don't think ETRADE is reputable? I used Capital One's brokerage previously but it was purchased by ETRADE a few years ago.

They are fine as well 😛

I'm just pointing to Schwab and Fidelity as the "majors" for "discount brokers".

The difference with Schwab and Fidelity over eTrade is that the former have own-brand ETFs that you can transact for free and have extremely low expense ratios.  With eTrade you are forced to trade somebody else's ETFs.

For individual stock trading -- any "real broker" should be fine, assuming you have a good deal on the cost of trades.

I'm just cautioning against the new wave of app-based crap like Robinhood.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Good to see you grace this thread.  I remember my first losses trading stocks, ticker SOL back on NA and everyone had a good laugh at my expense.  Learned a lot about being able to read a chart and it has taught me well.

GME at $300, of course no one wants that long.  AMC at $15-$20?  Ehhh, you'd be surprised.  There is a lot of meat left on the bone here.  We either get some consolodation and channel for a few days or we jump again after hours and it repeats. 

I know you've been doing this a long time, but simpliest things on a stock are price and volume.  Price isn't that nutty based on past data.  And volume?  Look at the volume!  It's engulfing, bullish and gap up and the sellers can't even force it below the halfway point of the day.  Party is just getting started.

You just proved my point that this is all a joke.  When everyone thinks they can get rich quick and I’m getting text messages from 20 different friends and family members asking me if they should by 10 shares of GME or $200 worth of AMC it’s gone too far.  This will all end badly... short term, yes I do think people will make quick money on AMC.  But that thing is dead man walking long term.  Make your money while you can.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

You just proved my point that this is all a joke.  When everyone thinks they can get rich quick and I’m getting text messages from 20 different friends and family members asking me if they should by 10 shares of GME or $200 worth of AMC it’s gone too far.  This will all end badly... short term, yes I do think people will make quick money on AMC.  But that thing is dead man walking long term.  Make your money while you can.  

It's a "joke" in the sense of tripling overnight and how fast it has accelerated but there is an opportunity to book real money.  But yes sure, no one playing today cares about 5 years from now, it's about today, tomorrow, next week.  I do expect some type of new regulations or something eventually, but if there wasn't so much institutional manipulation and shorting then some stocks would never get as low as they were anyway. 

And just wait until the GME party is over and all of those people look for somewhere to go.  Volume on some of these meme stocks are going to keep amplifying.

Just fun to witness and be a part of at least.  

I use E-trade and haven't had any issue buying and selling both GME and BB over the past couple of days.  Although I did see some fees on my gains which shouldn't be there.  After calling them and being put on hold multiple times they can't explain to me what the fees are for and are gonna call me back when they have an answer.  First they tried to say I was trading OTC stock...  fucking idiots.

Edited by tbone3969

Moderator · Posted

Fun few days, can’t wait to see the rest of the week. In the words of Chamath, “I’m glad to be on the right side of history”

Some advice for those new to this. Don’t be afraid to cash out 25-35% on the way up. At worst you will have some fun money if it crashes, at best you will have your tax liability covered if it booms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Braveheart69 said:

Joke or not, there is real money to be made while hedge funds go bust from this.

1 hour ago, doner24 said:

NAKD has been my biggest winner today. Running like crazy after hours. 

So sad on that one.  My friend tried to get me to buy that one since mid last year it was at 10 cents forever.  I put in a buy for 100,000 shares at .066 cents and it got down to .07 but my order never filled.  Very sad now but nothing I can do about it.  He’s happy at least and I’m happy for him.  

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Joke or not, there is real money to be made while hedge funds go bust from this.

Absolutely this is something crazy never seen before.  In fact I did say there is short term money to be made but man that rug will be pulled out from under people so fast they will crack their head open on the floor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Which sub?

And they're targeting your $NAKD. Buckle up

This one too

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetbetsnew/

They're not going anywhere. Worst case scenario they'll just go to 4chan where they all probably already go to talk politics. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Wow.  That’s messed up.  There’s your cherished American free markets for you.  

We all knew that the ultra rich would not allow this to continue indefinitely. They have outsized government influence, no matter what administration is in charge. I will be shocked if the SEC doesn't go after the biggest earners, successfully prosecute them, then bail out the hedge funds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

Listening to the news huge Put action in GME betting it will be Under $70 soon and selling off in after market, so is AMC.  Some people catching on to coat tails too late probably buy on dip in the morning, ouch!  

I'm guessing that the people long on GME are going to take it as a rallying cry, since it mirrors the trend of the VW short squeeze so well and stimulates their confirmation biases.

EDIT and the measure of when "too late" is will come down to whether they can keep all of the calls in the money for Friday and force another gamma squeeze. At current prices, people on the wrong side of the calls were going to be destroyed.

Edited by arch_8ngel