IGNORED

The Switch Thread

38 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Memory leak? When was the last time you rebooted the game? If you've been playing from suspend for a while, there may be a memory leak that finally broke everything.

With that game I loaded saves fairly often - usually overnight I will suspend the game by putting the  console in sleep mode.

6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

With that game I loaded saves fairly often - usually overnight I will suspend the game by putting the  console in sleep mode.

So, maybe? I guess if it becomes a recurring problem, you could always just close the software and restart to reset the memory. I'm pretty sure Battle Chasers had a similar problem when I played that back in 2018. Not sure if it's primarily a Switch thing due to the paltry memory or just a QA issue for certain games.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, croagunk said:

Speaking of games crashing... has anyone else’s copy of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection been crashing? I don’t even have to be playing one of the arcade games, just scrolling the menus to choose one.

First, I would have to say my Switch crashes regularly. Every few hours, seems to be regardless of the game. That said, I believe I recall hearing that the Switch edition of the collection had some issues which is why I opted for the PS4 🙂

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, avatar! said:

First, I would have to say my Switch crashes regularly. Every few hours, seems to be regardless of the game. That said, I believe I recall hearing that the Switch edition of the collection had some issues which is why I opted for the PS4 🙂

That definitely seems abnormal.  Across maybe 1500+ hours I bet I've seen 10 crashes.

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That definitely seems abnormal.  Across maybe 1500+ hours I bet I've seen 10 crashes.

It actually may not have crashed on Breath of Rain, but othewise I recall it crashing on just about anything. Baldur's Gate - every few hours. Dragon's Quest XI - not as often as Baldur but yup. Ori - yup (boy, that was fun 😕  ....etc.

Maybe I got a defective Switch, don't know, but mine seems to enjoy freakin' crashing. Or maybe it's trying to tell me to take breaks every so often....

Aren't those personally bot scripted hits they do from past searches?

Anyway... who got Ghosts n Goblins Resurrected?  Damn that game...yeesh it's nasty.  I'm ok at GnG (and sequel) still, I can get quite a few stages in before having some issues at least.  But this one, it makes GnG seem like a childs game if you play it on Legend or Knight difficulty. Squire seems on par for the original titles, and well, then there's the easy immortality mode just so you can experience it without raging your system to bits.

Ok I am mixed on this one, positive mixed, but mixed.

It's not GnG hard, it's GnG on a steroids, crack, meth blend hard.

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Aren't those personally bot scripted hits they do from past searches?

I knew someone would say that.

NO.

Not unless I searched for 'revlon one step hair dryer' or 'ashwagandha' (whatever the fuck that is) at some point in my life.

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I knew someone would say that.

NO.

Not unless I searched for 'revlon one step hair dryer' or 'ashwagandha' (whatever the fuck that is) at some point in my life.

I wasnt saying it, but certainly thinking it... Does anyone else use you computer without your knowledge???

Editorials Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

image.png.a0446ade126c49f8d536412afb84bd3c.png

I bought 4 of the Crystal Crisis to get free shipping 😂

Figure I'll give them to people or something