IGNORED

The Switch Thread

34 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Considering how many Switches they have been selling, I'm surprised we haven't seen more colors.

Same here! I think they're holding out until sales dip bc the special editions have all sold like hotcakes. The 3DS special editions all sold out regardless of the model and really carried them through the dark days of the Wii U. So I think that Nintendo is holding back until they need to move a couple million units to hit sales goals, then they'll release the kraken.

59 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Same here! I think they're holding out until sales dip bc the special editions have all sold like hotcakes. The 3DS special editions all sold out regardless of the model and really carried them through the dark days of the Wii U. So I think that Nintendo is holding back until they need to move a couple million units to hit sales goals, then they'll release the kraken.

I would MAYBE considering buying a third model if they end up making a special edition that I really like.  The third model would be "my" Switch, but I really don't need it as most of my gaming is done after the kids go to sleep, so I just play one of their models.  Having the family online plan is nice because I can transfer my save files between Switches easily.  

ORIGINAL STORY 27/1/21: The European Consumer Organisation (BEUC), the EU's joint consumer programme, has called for a Europe-wide investigation into Nintendo Switch Joy-Con drift after receiving more than 25,000 complaints from numerous countries.

The group has now submitted its own complaints to the European Commission and national consumer protection authorities around Europe, based on its rules surrounding "premature obsolescence and misleading omissions of key consumer information on the basis of the EU's Unfair Commercial Practices Directive".

In the vast majority of cases - 88 per cent - Nintendo Switch owners reported issues with their Joy-Con controllers within the first two years of use, the BEUC said.

Complaints have been received from Switch owners in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia and Greece.

After 25k complaints, EU calls for investigation into Nintendo Switch Joy-Con drift • Eurogamer.net

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It's pretty incredible that nearly 4 years in and around 80 million units sold, Nintendo can still charge full price without having to throw a game in.  While I wish I could get one cheaper, it speaks to how amazing this console is.  

24 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Ugh.  It's taking a lot of restraint to not order this.  I have to keep telling myself that two Switches is enough.  

I wonder what happened to the two "cardboard" skinned Switches Nintendo gave away as a contest for the LABO. All I know is I didn't win one.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 11:55 AM, TDIRunner said:

It's pretty incredible that nearly 4 years in and around 80 million units sold, Nintendo can still charge full price without having to throw a game in.  While I wish I could get one cheaper, it speaks to how amazing this console is.  

I thought it speaks at how cheap and obnoxious Nintendo is... but maybe that's just me 🙂

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Same question.  Why do they need to do that?

Why the hell not? If you're paying for a system Nintendo (and any company) should give you a "free" game. I'd certainly rather have that than a "carrying case" which is what Nintendo threw in their last limited bundle. BUT, you do make a good point. If people don't care, Nintendo won't care either 😕

3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Why the hell not? If you're paying for a system Nintendo (and any company) should give you a "free" game. I'd certainly rather have that than a "carrying case" which is what Nintendo threw in their last limited bundle. BUT, you do make a good point. If people don't care, Nintendo won't care either 😕

If you were running the company and your job is to increase profits or they will replace you, would you include a free game or price drop on one of the best selling and fastest selling video game consoles?  

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If you were running the company and your job is to increase profits or they will replace you, would you include a free game or price drop on one of the best selling and fastest selling video game consoles?  

I'll go with neither and continue to charge $60 for 4-5 year old games bc Fans refuse to pay less for $300 Alex.