IGNORED

The Switch Thread

1 hour ago, Californication said:

NIS stock for Switch R-Type Final 2 is down to 5%-11%.

Thank you, I had forgotten to order this one. Placed orders for some of the other CE's too. In this market it's buy now, decide if want later. 

Also I don't know who needs to hear this but Disaster Report 4 is in stock. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Ugh, Gamestop has a new system.  They display all games on the shelves, regardless of if they have inventory.

I went in and saw two Fairy Tails for Switch.  Assumed I'd buy both until I noticed every game had exactly two copies on shelves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Ugh, Gamestop has a new system.  They display all games on the shelves, regardless of if they have inventory.

I went in and saw two Fairy Tails for Switch.  Assumed I'd buy both until I noticed every game had exactly two copies on shelves.

Yea they've had this system since Thanksgiving I think. Defiantly before Christmas. The company wants to show what they have the ability to get for you instead of just what that individual store has. On the plus side they no longer gut new games for display, and you already found the down side. The employees have a ton of stories dealing with customers getting angry at when they encounter the situation you did.

• Eyeroll 1

I went all out between Friday and Saturday.  I popped in and finished Blaster Master Zero, then went onto the sequel.  I like the change in environment, but the game is far harder and in a cheapshot way which is annoying unfortunately.  Not sure how I feel about it yet.  After 4 years one of my joycons ended up breaking, so I had to order another pair, and when I took the thing to the TV using the pro pad I found the game to be slightly better handling which kind of sucks.  It's more clunky which is unfortunate.

As much as I like Immortals I had to stop, it was draining my interest to bother with other stuff as it just is too long for its own good.  You can't cut it shorter or longer as fluidly as Zelda despite it copying much design choices from there as it just has soo soooo much bloat to it.  I'll go back hopefully, but I really don't like having like a 1/3 of my Switch stuff unplayed. Given I finished BM Zero 2 I have to then decide which direction to go.  Panzer Dragoon is fast, maybe a gap filler?  Then there's Grandia HD, Final Fantasy 9, Civilization 6, Xenoblade as well.  Doom 64 should show up eventually some month...year...from LRG.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Anyone here played Oceanhorn? Is it any good? I passed on it before because I figured it was mediocre and now it's like an expensive 'hidden gem' or something. I like Zelda-like games, am I missing out? 

My understanding when it was on mobile it was more underwhelming, and touch control wasn't very tight but a controller was better.  Yet when it moved to Switch other than the generic look and sound you'd find with a mobile app, supposedly it was more refined and directly tweaked and tuned to be happier on an actual system.  The general design of it was much like the look of Wind Waker, but more of a generic Zelda style with some light puzzle elements and standard sword and random secondary weapon play mechanics.  I never got it either but kind of wanted it for a time, but the mobile side kind of pushed me off it with the comments it got.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Anyone here played Oceanhorn? Is it any good? I passed on it before because I figured it was mediocre and now it's like an expensive 'hidden gem' or something. I like Zelda-like games, am I missing out? 

Did you know you can download a demo of it on Switch?

• Like 1

I just beat Cyber Shadow, 10 hours and 500 deaths! Game is excellent, a Ninja Gaiden inspired light Metroidvania with some hints of Mega Man. Looking forward to the Physical treatment and undoubtly the Amiibo to drop alongside. I guess they need to sell a few million before they show us the physical goods though..Play the game on gamepass if you can before than it's fantastic!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, croagunk said:

Crash Bandicoot 4 is coming on the Switch on March 12. So excited to play a new Crash!

Was super excited to hear this. Before today there was no indication that this would be coming to Switch and I was sad thinking the Switch would be left out. It's great news!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Ehhh seems kinda unnecessary to have a bunch of cases within a case. 

IMG_4810.GIF

Also expensive way to hold 8 games when you can get cases that hold 60-80 carts for the same price.

Now if they found a way for the NES cases to stay on when inserted into the Switch, that would be awesome

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

43 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Soo is anyone planning on picking up the Mario themed Switch?

When we bought a second Switch for my younger son, we wanted a different color from the normal red/blue that we bought last year, but I didn't want grey because I thought it was sort of boring.  We ended up getting the Fortnite edition  because not only are the Joy Cons different colors, but the Switch and Dock are slightly different as well which makes it super easy to differentiate everything quickly.  I actually like the Mario themed Switch a lot better, but it's too late now. I'm not buying a third Switch.  

22 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I want it bad, but I cannot financially justify buying a 3rd Switch, nor can I bring myself to sell either of the two that I already have

Just now, TDIRunner said:

I actually like the Mario themed Switch a lot better, but it's too late now. I'm not buying a third Switch.  

Ugh well you guys are being the voice of reason! Lol I set some notifications for when it comes in stock so if I can find it, I'm going to pull the trigger.

But this is coming from the guy who had 12, or 15?, LE 3DS consoles at once. I think I still have 8 ... 

I just really want a different colored Switch. All the others have only had the back plate embossed. The all red just gives me such a nice vibe. The only color o would want more with be a yellow Pikachu themed Switch. 

8 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I just really want a different colored Switch. All the others have only had the back plate embossed. The all red just gives me such a nice vibe. The only color o would want more with be a yellow Pikachu themed Switch. 

The back of the Fortnite edition isn't all black.  It's the same black, but with some type of Fortnite graphics added to it (same on the dock).  I don't know enough about the game to know what they are, but I didn't really care about that part.  The yellow and blue Joy Cons look really good and both of those colors are unique to that set.  

But I agree that the red in this set looks really good, and a yellow set would be pretty cool too.  My nephew has a yellow Switch Lite and it looks pretty nice.  Considering how many Switches they have been selling, I'm surprised we haven't seen more colors.  

On 2/8/2021 at 1:08 AM, MiamiSlice said:

I played it on Steam (picked it up on sale via Humble Bundle, I think).

It is a good game if you like classic Zelda-style action-adventure.