IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 3/21/2021 at 11:44 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

That's really hard to say.  I assume stuff like Hellblade, Grim Fandango, and Pillars of Eternity.  And the Capcom and Square stuff that only got Asian/JPN releases (Romancing Saga 3, Okami, Onimusha, etc.)

Good start, to a point.  I actually do import the asia region stuff.  Currently playing the actual FF9 card and it's what's in my system at the moment.  I've grabbed stuff like that since I Am Setsuna arrived overseas.

I forgot that existed, probably mine wouldn't be too happy but who knows.  I can run android emulation fantastic, and let's be realistic, the switch is a bloat sliced version of the shield tablet which had google bloat+nvidia useless tool bloat double play going on.  I'm kind of curious, but also nervous, not easy getting copies of current games anymore without an ISP having a stroke about it snooping around (especially with torrents.)

A few years back despite having the Switch one, tried to get the WiiU disc, ATT went after me with a hard warning.  I just didn't want to wipe my game since Nintendo stupidly gave no multiple slots (why?!?!)

Edited by Tanooki

On 3/26/2021 at 9:07 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Of you would've told me at launch there would've been 400 physical games in 4 years, I wouldn't have believed it coming off the back of the Wii U and even the 3DS which had less than 500 games for the life cycle.

I can't wait to see where we end up with this one.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 9:07 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Great list with a ton of detail!  I have a list as well and I am a little short of your number of actually released game (785). I see you're counting things like Binding of Issac: Repentance and curse if the moon 2 which are pre-orders. I'm guessing you're counting pre-orders from Limited Release companies along with actually released games. If you are the number of outstanding pre-orders not shipped is 37 which would bring it up to 822. 

1 hour ago, Mr. CIB said:

Great list with a ton of detail!  I have a list as well and I am a little short of your number of actually released game (785). I see you're counting things like Binding of Issac: Repentance and curse if the moon 2 which are pre-orders. I'm guessing you're counting pre-orders from Limited Release companies along with actually released games. If you are the number of outstanding pre-orders not shipped is 37 which would bring it up to 822. 

The actual released games according to my list right now is:

765 Unique

20 Re-releases

20 Code-in-a-box

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 11strings said:

The actual released games according to my list right now is:

765 Unique

20 Re-releases

20 Code-in-a-box

What do you consider a re-release? Wii-U to Switch port or Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass.

I don't count code in box in the above 785

What do you consider a re-release? Wii-U to Switch port or Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass.

I don't count code in box in the above 785

Yeah, Pokémon +expansion, Grip Rollerblades, Overcooked 1 + 2, Sonic double games, etc - basically games already released for Switch, but an updated cart (some even have same cart as previous release but DL code for extra content)

Edited by 11strings
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Yes, I count games as soon as the open up to order from the limited print companies since that is when your money is actually taken. I might've added Binding of Issac too soon, I think thats just a normal retail release. I gotta look at that. Do you have an easily exported list I can use to compare to mine and see what the differences are?

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 2:49 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Yes, I count games as soon as the open up to order from the limited print companies since that is when your money is actually taken. I might've added Binding of Issac too soon, I think thats just a normal retail release. I gotta look at that. Do you have an easily exported list I can use to compare to mine and see what the differences are?

First of thanks tons for your list. I have been meaning to scrub my list and this helped a lot.  Here’s what I came up with:

Retail Releases Missing
1.    GRIP: Combat Racing - Air Blades vs. Rollers Ultimate Edition (Retail)
2.    Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass (Different cart)
3.    Pokemon Sword + Expansion Pass (Different cart)
4.    Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Collector’s Edition (released by Maximum Games after LRG fallout) I am unsure if the standard version release by Maximum has a different cart

Pre-Orders Missing
1.    DOOM: The Classics Collection (Limited Run)
2.    Golden Force (VGSoft) full ESRB
3.    Tanuki Justice (VGSoft) full ESRB
4.    The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (Limited Run)

Missing ININ Games (Only Found on Amazon)
1.    Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron is Back!
2.    Cross Code
3.    Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!

Limited Publisher Released games missing
1.    Finding Teddy II (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you
2.    Gigantic Army (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you
3.    Guns of Mercy (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you
4.    Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection (Limited Run)
5.    Super Trench Attack! (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you

Pre-Order on you 2nd paged but removed (Dispatch Games)
1.    Game Paradise: Crusin Mix Special
2.    Radirgy Swag

Should be removed from you list
1.    Later Alligator isn’t a fan gamer exclusive and not currently released
2.    Trine Ultimate Collection (Download Required) cart is the same as Trine 4 I believe with a download code

I scrub my list and removed 
1.    Darkest Dungeon Collector's Edition (removed because the cart is the same as Ancestral Edition)
2.    Mercenaries Wings PAX Bundle Pack

I added to my list
1.    Streets of Rage 4 (Merge)

EDIT: Liberated Enhanced Edition (VGSoft) removed since it will have a English cover but PAL Cart. I thought VGSoft stopped this practice but I guess I was wrong. Thanks @11strings

Edited by Mr. CIB

9 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

First of thanks tons for your list. I have been meaning to scrub my list and this helped a lot.  Here’s what I came up with:

Retail Releases Missing
1.    GRIP: Combat Racing - Air Blades vs. Rollers Ultimate Edition (Retail)
2.    Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass (Different cart)
3.    Pokemon Sword + Expansion Pass (Different cart)
4.    Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Collector’s Edition (released by Maximum Games after LRG fallout) I am unsure if the standard version release by Maximum has a different cart

Pre-Orders Missing
1.    DOOM: The Classics Collection (Limited Run)
2.    Golden Force (VGSoft) full ESRB
3.    Tanuki Justice (VGSoft) full ESRB
4.    The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (Limited Run)

Missing ININ Games (Only Found on Amazon)
1.    Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron is Back!
2.    Cross Code
3.    Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!

Limited Publisher Released games missing
1.    Finding Teddy II (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you
2.    Gigantic Army (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you
3.    Guns of Mercy (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you
4.    Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection (Limited Run)
5.    Super Trench Attack! (English cover but PAL Cart) - (VGSoft) may not count; up to you

Pre-Order on you 2nd paged but removed (Dispatch Games)
1.    Game Paradise: Crusin Mix Special
2.    Radirgy Swag

Should be removed from you list
1.    Later Alligator isn’t a fan gamer exclusive and not currently released
2.    Trine Ultimate Collection (Download Required) cart is the same as Trine 4 I believe with a download code

I scrub my list and removed 
1.    Darkest Dungeon Collector's Edition (removed because the cart is the same as Ancestral Edition)
2.    Mercenaries Wings PAX Bundle Pack
I added to my list
1.    Streets of Rage 4 (Merge)

EDIT: Liberated Enhanced Edition (VGSoft) removed since it will have a English cover but PAL Cart. I thought VGSoft stopped this practice but I guess I was wrong. Thanks @11strings

Thanks, I’ll go through my stuff sometime today. I know I had some of that stuff under specific tabs but guess I forgot to add the to the main list. 

Some things I do/will differ from you are I don’t count Dispatch Games like I do the other limited companies mainly because I just don’t trust them. Theyve had such a bad track record of communication that I would not be surprised if they disappeared without releasing the games. I keep them in red on my “upcoming” tab just to remind me to check if the games have seen the light of day at some point.

I also don’t count VGNY’s PAL carts with new cover. That’s just an import at that point.

I do count the Trine because the box code is different and that has always been my basis for a separate release, not the cart codes. But I have been debating myself for a long time whether or not to treat certain games as just variants or not such as the Trine, Power Rangers, and Grip. 

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Thanks, I’ll go through my stuff sometime today. I know I had some of that stuff under specific tabs but guess I forgot to add the to the main list. 

Some things I do/will differ from you are I don’t count Dispatch Games like I do the other limited companies mainly because I just don’t trust them. Theyve had such a bad track record of communication that I would not be surprised if they disappeared without releasing the games. I keep them in red on my “upcoming” tab just to remind me to check if the games have seen the light of day at some point.

I also don’t count VGNY’s PAL carts with new cover. That’s just an import at that point.

I do count the Trine because the box code is different and that has always been my basis for a separate release, not the cart codes. But I have been debating myself for a long time whether or not to treat certain games as just variants or not such as the Trine, Power Rangers, and Grip. 

Whatever works for you. I don't count any of the Pre-Orders until they start shipping. I keep them on a separate tab incase anything happens with any of the companies.

My only issue with Trine is I always refer to the old NES rules. If someone every went for a loose switch set then Trine Ultimate wouldn't have an entry...... then some people would say if you count the case then maybe the digital one cases should count since you are collecting covers. 

Power Rangers and Grip is a little different since the cart and contents are not the same. @11strings mentioned there are about 20 re-releases that he tracks. Maybe he can share the list and that would be a better category for those in between releases.

I think its awesome that people are tracking this stuff so earlier. I believe later on if there are physical collectors for the switch this will be one of the harder sets to obtain and not only because of limited publishers. There are a lot out of print titles already that will become harder to find as the years go on. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Whatever works for you. I don't count any of the Pre-Orders until they start shipping. I keep them on a separate tab incase anything happens with any of the companies.

My only issue with Trine is I always refer to the old NES rules. If someone every went for a loose switch set then Trine Ultimate wouldn't have an entry...... then some people would say if you count the case then maybe the digital one cases should count since you are collecting covers. 

Power Rangers and Grip is a little different since the cart and contents are not the same. @11strings mentioned there are about 20 re-releases that he tracks. Maybe he can share the list and that would be a better category for those in between releases.

I think its awesome that people are tracking this stuff so earlier. I believe later on if there are physical collectors for the switch this will be one of the harder sets to obtain and not only because of limited publishers. There are a lot out of print titles already that will become harder to find as the years go on. 

I see what your saying with Trine, but then again using similar NES rules wouldn't that just make Power Rangers and Grip variants as well? No different than something like a Yellow label Metroid or any game where the code was updated throughout its life and most only look to just a single representation of the game like Ocarina of Time

Edit: I also guess it depends on the goals here. Mine is just to have a checklist for someone who wants a US set, and all the other info I just add for reference really. You might be looking more to documenting all the differnces? 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

18 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I see what your saying with Trine, but then again using similar NES rules wouldn't that just make Power Rangers and Grip variants as well? No different than something like a Yellow label Metroid or any game where the code was updated throughout its life and most only look to just a single representation of the game like Ocarina of Time

Edit: I also guess it depends on the goals here. Mine is just to have a checklist for someone who wants a US set, and all the other info I just add for reference really. You might be looking more to documenting all the differnces? 

Agreed. I am not looking to document the difference, just one of each licensed cart. For example Streets of Rage 4 I think is the same from LRG and Merge. So this would technically be the same release. If we were to apply SNES rules then 2 wouldn't count similar to the Majesco releases. IDK I guess, as always, there is no perfect way. Fun stuff

Agreed. I am not looking to document the difference, just one of each licensed cart. For example Streets of Rage 4 I think is the same from LRG and Merge. So this would technically be the same release. If we were to apply SNES rules then 2 wouldn't count similar to the Majesco releases. IDK I guess, as always, there is no perfect way. Fun stuff

Indeed no perfect way, thanks for the help on this though!

• Like 1

I count re-releases as something that, when you stick it in the Switch, it shares the same icon/save as a previous physical cart.  So if the Switch doesn't differentiate the game, I won't either.

Updated carts can happen anytime.  Most people buying Yoshi's Crafted World or BotW now are not going to get the same cart/version as when the games were first released.  The covers are identical.  I'm not sure if the old NES rules, apply in that regard.

You guys can track anyway you like.  It's important to have a lot of eyes on this stuff.

Edited by 11strings

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

These are what I would call as Re-releases.  IMO.

OVERCOOKED! ALL YOU CAN EAT

Dead Cells Prisoner’s Edition

BUBBLE BOBBLE 4 Friends -  The Baron is Back!

Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass

Pokemon Sword + Expansion Pass

SUPER STREET RACER 2 IN 1

SONIC MANIA™ + TEAM SONIC RACING™

SONIC FORCES™ + SUPER MONKEY BALL - BANANA BLITZ HD™

POWER RANGERS: BATTLE FOR THE GRID

GEAR.CLUB 2 UNLIMITED EDITION

WARRIORS OROCHI® 4 ULTIMATE

OVERCOOKED! SPECIAL EDITION + OVERCOOKED! 2

GRIP Airblades vs Rollers Ultimate Edition

GEAR.CLUB UNLIMITED 2 PORSCHE EDITION

SONIC MANIA™

TRINE: ULTIMATE EDITION

Dead Cells Action Game of the Year Edition

HARVEST MOON®: LIGHT OF HOPE SE - COMPLETE

ATTACK ON TITAN 2: FINAL BATTLE

ROCKET LEAGUE® ULTIMATE EDITION

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 11strings said:

Apparently Overcooked All You Can Eat! is a totally different codebase, the games are remastered for Switch and the DLC for 2 is on the cart. Therefore it's not the same as Overcooked 1 + 2. 

Also can someone explain the difference between AoT 2 and AoT 2: Final Battle? I still don't know. 

2 hours ago, 11strings said:

Dead Cells Prisoner’s Edition

BUBBLE BOBBLE 4 Friends -  The Baron is Back!

Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass

Pokemon Sword + Expansion Pass

SUPER STREET RACER 2 IN 1

SONIC MANIA™ + TEAM SONIC RACING™

SONIC FORCES™ + SUPER MONKEY BALL - BANANA BLITZ HD™

POWER RANGERS: BATTLE FOR THE GRID

GEAR.CLUB 2 UNLIMITED EDITION

WARRIORS OROCHI® 4 ULTIMATE

OVERCOOKED! SPECIAL EDITION + OVERCOOKED! 2

GRIP Airblades vs Rollers Ultimate Edition

GEAR.CLUB UNLIMITED 2 PORSCHE EDITION

SONIC MANIA™

TRINE: ULTIMATE EDITION

Dead Cells Action Game of the Year Edition

HARVEST MOON®: LIGHT OF HOPE SE - COMPLETE

ATTACK ON TITAN 2: FINAL BATTLE

ROCKET LEAGUE® ULTIMATE EDITION

Thank you..... I am getting a better grip on what you consider re-releases. I got one for you to add, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition

Edited by Mr. CIB

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Apparently Overcooked All You Can Eat! is a totally different codebase, the games are remastered for Switch and the DLC for 2 is on the cart. Therefore it's not the same as Overcooked 1 + 2. 

Also can someone explain the difference between AoT 2 and AoT 2: Final Battle? I still don't know. 

This is my personal list that I keep track of - so yeah, I'm sure a few of those are borderline like that All you can Eat! and the SEGA double releases, but for me personally, it's not far from a variant if I can play the base game on another cart.  I'm sure if I see them around for super cheap, I'll pick them up.  On my Code in a Box list I have the Mario/Luigi Home Circuit releases listed, when in reality there's actually no code or download in the box, but they fit in with the whole "no cart" theme. 

AoT2: FB is just an updated cart.

AoT: 1.0.0

AoT: FB 1.0.8

Both carts update to 1.0.14 and use the same icon/save file.

17 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Thank you..... I am getting a better grip on what you consider re-releases. I got one for you to add, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition

M + R Gold edition is the same old cart with a Download code for the Season Pass in the case so it definitely qualifies - I did have that on my list at one point but I couldn't find a solid release date for it (as my list goes by date - there's a 11/17/17 release for Digital, but I don't think the Costco physical was released on the same date) so it looks like I completely left it off.  I'm just gonna put it next to the original for now. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, 11strings said:

This is my personal list that I keep track of - so yeah, I'm sure a few of those are borderline like that All you can Eat! and the SEGA double releases, but for me personally, it's not far from a variant if I can play the base game on another cart.  I'm sure if I see them around for super cheap, I'll pick them up.  On my Code in a Box list I have the Mario/Luigi Home Circuit releases listed, when in reality there's actually no code or download in the box, but they fit in with the whole "no cart" theme. 

AoT2: FB is just an updated cart.

AoT: 1.0.0

AoT: FB 1.0.8

Both carts update to 1.0.14 and use the same icon/save file.

M + R Gold edition is the same old cart with a Download code for the Season Pass in the case so it definitely qualifies - I did have that on my list at one point but I couldn't find a solid release date for it (as my list goes by date - there's a 11/17/17 release for Digital, but I don't think the Costco physical was released on the same date) so it looks like I completely left it off.  I'm just gonna put it next to the original for now. Thanks!

Here you go. I purchased it the day it came out.

Another one to consider is Race with Ryan Deluxe Version

Capture.thumb.JPG.acd3cfc741339a75243bc19a73dde93a.JPG