IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I got the last Favoritos PS3 game that I was missing (Motorstorm Apocalypse) to complete the Brazilian subset. It was a fun and relatively easy set to go for. Here's the entire set:

kEKGE0Ih.jpg

Got some games for other systems:

LYWjOZ6h.jpg

And got a huge lot of CIB Master System games:

9OD3aueh.jpg 6rfiT8uh.jpg

6xSxIi2h.jpg

I'm over 3500 games now.

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

3 hours ago, croagunk said:

Scored a used copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX for the Switch today. Also got my Mystery Dungeon Charmander plush I ordered.

Cute plush, I just have a traditional one of those as I don't buy up a lot of stuffed animals.  How is that Switch game working out?  I've considered it, never really had the time to make for the GBA version some years ago and sold it, but I have in the past been ok on shiren the wanderer style clones of which this is that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Cute plush, I just have a traditional one of those as I don't buy up a lot of stuffed animals.  How is that Switch game working out?  I've considered it, never really had the time to make for the GBA version some years ago and sold it, but I have in the past been ok on shiren the wanderer style clones of which this is that.

Thanks! I like it. Haven’t played it too much yet, but getting the chance to play Mystery Dungeon on the TV is great. Not sure if this is new to this game or not, but I enjoy how you can help others who have fainted in a rescue mission via the internet, or get rescued yourself. Definitely a fun game.

I may look into it.  i saw there was a recently done 3DS game from the family too but I own neither.  Other than Panzer Dragoon I haven't picked up anything for the Switch in a long time now I think, partly due to LRG being lazy twits and taking forever to put stuff out as I've got a decent backlog with them (Doom, Grandia, Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2, etc.)

I'm glad I just support one now, lets me focus on handhelds more or fiddling around with PC games again.

And on that, I don't have a pic, but for $2 the other day I found this insane old PC Shareware/Freeware CD that says games are EGA/VGA/SVGA and need DOS 2.1 and up to give you an idea where this is tracking.  It's called 'The House of Games' and well it looks like some early 90s Goosebumps paperback style cover art on it as well with a haunted house.

See for yourself the archive has a copy of the cover and stuff: https://archive.org/details/houseofgames

It has some awesome stuff I recall messing with in the very early 90s, 4 episodes of Cmdr Keen, KENtris, PC-Man, Miner VGA, Pharoahs Tomb, Wolf3D, Brix, Moraff stuff, Scorched Earth, Llamatron, and other gems among a sea of weirdness I intend to google and look into.  Given the age it's one of those first Game CDs at all type situations.

• Like 2

I think I probably ran my luck out for the year at this rate on this one.  $60 for the pair, other than some moderately lighter side scuffing/scrapes to the metal plate that says pinball on the side you can't see, it's in stunning shape with a clear dark LCD and battery door still there, serial sticker too.  Good times, been missing having that Game & Watch.  GBP is a re-shell obviously, it'll get redone again, I have some ideas been trying to find a GBP to tinker with.

gw-pinball-gbp.jpg

• Like 10

I picked these up locally yesterday, not the first time I have found Nintendo Power guides at these prices at this particular store, they don't pop up very often, but once in a while I keep my eyes peeled through the guide book section and find these. These two are in near mint condition. I don't have either of these games but couldn't pass them up. Didn't realize until I got home that the price for FFV was a steal

HybAKzR.jpg

• Like 12

I pre-ordered this upgraded version of the C64 Mini with working keyboard so long ago, that I was quite sure it had become vaporware. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks and feels great.

IMG_20201222_211349.thumb.jpg.69b3cb2c4030417d6521a762d915e1df.jpg

I'm a sucker for all mini consoles, so a mini version of Sega's most beloved Japanese arcade cabinet is a no-brainer. I also have not had a chance to hook this thing up, but I'm excited to play a host of games I've never played before.

IMG_20201222_211956.thumb.jpg.ccfdcf639690c040e5b3a9432df550e8.jpg

I generally think the Little Big Planet games are terrible platformers due to the floaty controls, but I've heard good things about this new one. They also just released the online co-op update so I figured I could run through it with one of my buddies.

IMG_20201222_212526.thumb.jpg.b50ddd32c80bd3b1835a1d7d6ef98a46.jpg

• Like 7

I ended up an extremely poorly listed copy of Ducktales CIB for $46! The title legit just said Duck tales NES.. Lol there were only two pictures and none showing the contents of the game so I laid down a bid and took a chance. It was pretty dirty and the box had a sticker I managed to get off but for the price, I'm glad to add it to the collection. It's a game I've wanted CIB but not one I wanted to pay price for so I'm really happy with the results.

IMG_20201223_202658__01.thumb.jpg.a17b2b0f1c1cdc28cac069aef428e764.jpg

I also used my coins to grab the My Nintendo Christmas cards and ornament. A nice addition to the ones I've had so far.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RpgCollector said:

Stuff I received in the last 10 days. Guess my favorite!

Umm what's that GBC stuff in the two packs, that's interesting to me.  Great job snagging Asobi's JetPak upgrade/re-release of his 20 year old homebrew.  And hopefully you open it and use it because that Carmen game is utterly fantastic and it does save your case solving progress too.  It's far better done than that overblown Oregon Trail.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Umm what's that GBC stuff in the two packs, that's interesting to me.  Great job snagging Asobi's JetPak upgrade/re-release of his 20 year old homebrew.  And hopefully you open it and use it because that Carmen game is utterly fantastic and it does save your case solving progress too.  It's far better done than that overblown Oregon Trail.

They are double packs from Rocket Games, a unlicensed Gameboy color publisher. This site will tell you the whole story: http://www.nesworld.com/article.php?system=gbx&data=gbc-rocketgames