IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Feeling super annoyed right now because my order of Blossom Tales from LRG still hasn’t arrived but I did get some other cool stuff:

084F7881-B6F4-4E6E-91B5-33385FE21360.thumb.jpeg.a2167d52c32c582350961eb858cf99f7.jpeg

832F5BDB-EBDD-4EA5-8375-A611488E1CDD.thumb.jpeg.2f6b6a30634ac6af57a567a0a7997437.jpeg

One step closer to a complete physical Shantae set! And Slingo Quest has sentimental value. But I’m most excited about the SongPro. I’ve been thinking about writing about game collecting and I think I will start with this!

Edit: I just realized my order of Blossom Tales is delayed because I also ordered Away which I wish I hadn’t ordered 😡😡🤬

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

Pickups have slowed down for obvious reasons, but I got tired of not seeing Sonic 3 (the game I’m most nostalgic for out of the original 3) on the various Genesis collections/Mini, so I grabbed a CIB copy off of eBay. Much disinfecting later, it’s on the shelf.

I didn’t have Sonic 3 on the Genesis as a kid. I had a copy of those weird PC releases. I had 3, CD, and Sonic R for PC. Does anyone remember those? They’re still around my parent’s house somewhere.

6B0CD166-7F1D-44A8-8F8D-1A51E9226DE0.jpeg

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I didn’t have Sonic 3 on the Genesis as a kid. I had a copy of those weird PC releases. I had 3, CD, and Sonic R for PC. Does anyone remember those? They’re still around my parent’s house somewhere.

I had that Sonic R for PC! I think I still have the disc but sadly the packaging is long gone.

• Like 1

Picked up this lot on eBay for $17. It didn't ship till 8 days after I paid and the seller put it all in a padded envelope. The boxes were already shown to be in fair condition but arrived even worse, and one of the bottom tabs on 007 ripped off. MK&A is still sealed so that's cool.

IMG_20200419_152514729.jpg

• Like 5

Finally grabbed Uncharted Waters and Tag Team which have eluded me for quite a while. Neither is mint, but both are still in quite good condition. The Mickey Mousecapade is a relatively rare no-promo variant/reprint. It's actually an upgrade, so if anyone is looking for this particular variant, feel free to PM me.

IMG_20200419_202516.thumb.jpg.b934993f65f7505f4952fd9dfb7d91f0.jpg

FF7 is one of my all-time favorites, so I had to double dip. I've heard amazing things, but I'm currently working on Jedi: Fallen Order (XBONE) and then Ori, so it will be a few weeks before I get to it.

IMG_20200419_202603__01.thumb.jpg.fe03d49a1012536cf2375b3722d69c36.jpg

• Like 7

During this last week, I managed to find a lot of CIB Mega Drive/Genesis games. I bought some that I was missing in my collection.
I finally added Outrun and Lightening Force. I'm also very happy to add those Tectoy titles.

Vmp2Oojl.jpg

My Vasara games finally arrived also and I found a Star Wars Chess from Tectoy.
Sadly Tectoy was cheap and the boxes of Sega CD games are really weak.
I already owned the X-Men game but this one is the Brazilian version from Gradiente, released after Playtronic was dismantled. The condition isn't very good but the price was.

19hIPIfl.jpg
  • Like 7

Just grabbed these off of Amazon Japan. Amazingly, they got here faster than Amazon is shipping non-essential items within the states. I'm a huge fan of mini consoles as collectibles and I think they make great display pieces, but I'm actually excited to play this one. I've never even seen a TurboGrafx or PC Engine in my life and have only played a handful of these gems. I know it will have a bit of input lag due to the software emulation, but since I don't have the real deal console, this will have to do.

IMG_20200420_214639.thumb.jpg.f2535ec8d21163cec76b57f7ee9b3a7c.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Just grabbed these off of Amazon Japan. Amazingly, they got here faster than Amazon is shipping non-essential items within the states. I'm a huge fan of mini consoles as collectibles and I think they make great display pieces, but I'm actually excited to play this one. I've never even seen a TurboGrafx or PC Engine in my life and have only played a handful of these gems. I know it will have a bit of input lag due to the software emulation, but since I don't have the real deal console, this will have to do.

The thing is it's being blown out of proportion by the classic gamer snob types.  If you're not super super picky and overly familiar with the games and their timing on there, you probably won't even notice it.  Now in the case of something like obvious audio vs reaction lag issues, that can be annoying and I read a game or so does it (just as Mega Man WW does on the mini Sega/MD system from last year.)

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:24 PM, Tanooki said:

The thing is it's being blown out of proportion by the classic gamer snob types.  If you're not super super picky and overly familiar with the games and their timing on there, you probably won't even notice it.  Now in the case of something like obvious audio vs reaction lag issues, that can be annoying and I read a game or so does it (just as Mega Man WW does on the mini Sega/MD system from last year.)

Hopefully I can fire the PC Engine up today and give you guys some feedback. I have every one of the quality mini consoles (i.e. no AtGames shit) and I hope to one day display them in a tiered glass case as kind of a representation of my collection. I'm not one of those collectors who likes to cover every wall in games (albeit I do have one wall for my NES collection since it's my pride and joy), but the subtlety of a mini console collection seems perfect to me.

• Like 1

Bought a few more CIB Mega Drive/Genesis games. I'm really happy to add those Tectoy releases and they're all in very good condition.
On the box of Phantasy Star III it says it was translated to Portuguese. 
Also found a CIB Playtronic copy of DKC and had to get it. Now I'm missing the Playtronic version of DKC 3.

ewYCzenl.jpg

• Like 10

On 4/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, Galdius said:

Bought a few more CIB Mega Drive/Genesis games. I'm really happy to add those Tectoy releases and they're all in very good condition.
On the box of Phantasy Star III it says it was translated to Portuguese. 
Also found a CIB Playtronic copy of DKC and had to get it. Now I'm missing the Playtronic version of DKC 3.

Those Tectoy games are great! 👍

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:24 PM, Tanooki said:

I played around with this today and I was really happy with the emulation. There is some input lag, but it's not bad and since I'm not familiar with these games, it really didn't bother me in the way that the NES/SNES classic did with the Mario games. I didn't feel like I was at a big disadvantage when playing fast paced shooters and side scrollers. Highly recommended.