IGNORED

NES Library Finished

Crabmaster2000

Hey everyone. I realize most of you guys wont know me, but I want to say this anyway. Today I beat the final game I needed to beat in order to finish every single licensed NES game all on original hardware with no cheats. I started this on October 8th 2011 and it took me until today to finally complete this challenge. Nintendoage, and subsequently videogamesage, was a HUGE part of my collecting and playing journey that's why I wanted to start this thread. 

When I started this endeavor I didn't quite grasp how monumental it would be. Nintendoage was such a crucial resource for me completing my collection, figuring out win conditions, asking other forum members for help, deciding which games to play next, and just helping me stay motivated and encouraged. I was kind of crushed when I went to login one day and it didn't exist anymore. I'm so thankful the spirit of that place lives on here at videogamesage. 

And I need to give a massive thank you to @scaryicefor running the "can Nintendoage/videogamesage beat every NES game in 20xx" threads for the past decade. Those threads and the data he's been keeping on them are treasure troves of NES information, they are a fantastic community building challenge, and just a lot of fun to be a part of. I've only really spent time in that one thread since videogamesage started, but that's been enough for me. Every member that posts in there has been nothing but supportive and encouraging from going out of their way to send me tips and advice, asking me questions about my progress, virtual high fives when hitting big milestones and loads of fun banter about games that no one else cares about. 

Thanks everybody for helping me achieve this goal of mine. It means a lot. 

Kelsy

• Like 17
  • Wow! 18
  • Love 10

The "Wow!" response isn't enough for this.  This is truly an amazing feat and congratulations.  To me, this is far more impressive than simply acquiring a full set, even if it were CIB!

So, what would you say was the most difficult game for you?  How about the most broken, and was there any game that is so broken you had to fudge the "I beat it" rules because otherwise it was impossible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RH said:

The "Wow!" response isn't enough for this.  This is truly an amazing feat and congratulations.  To me, this is far more impressive than simply acquiring a full set, even if it were CIB!

So, what would you say was the most difficult game for you?  How about the most broken, and was there any game that is so broken you had to fudge the "I beat it" rules because otherwise it was impossible.

Thanks so much. I'm really going to reflect, research and replay some stuff and do my best to come up with a "hardest NES games" list because ALL of the ones currently out there are very very bad. Keep an eye out for that, but I'll need some time to do it up properly.

As for your second question about broken games, never. That was a big part of the goal, to beat them legitimately with what the developers provided. So if I ran into bugs or glitches I simply had to figure out how to deal with or avoid them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

Congratulations!  That's an awesome feat, and I can tell you are proud and happy with the accomplishment.  

I hope it has been a fun journey, and awesome to see you complete a long-term goal of yours.  

Thanks very much for sharing!  It's nice to see people enjoying these games and completing their goals. 

🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

Holy cow that's amazing! Congratulations on such a monumental achievement! I'd love to read a write-up of the games you thought were the hardest and maybe also some "hard games" that actually aren't as hard as people make them out to be. 

What's next on your list of game-related goals?

I'm definitely going to work on something like that.

Goal for right now is just to play some stuff for fun and catch up on some classics I missed. After a bit of that I'll probably dive into another big project

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Collecting and completing every licensed game is the dream that very few have achieved I bet. I know I'll never be able to do it.  Congratulations, did you beat every game on actual carts?

You bet I did. Collected and beat every single licensed game on an NES console via rf through a CRT

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 4