IGNORED

NES Library Finished

Crabmaster2000

It's one thing then or now to buy into it and say you have the collection, but to actually bother with not just the easy gems but the utter shite...and finish everything is on a unique level few to nearly none can make claim to.  I'm not surprised that took 10 years, and only with licensed too.

Now go back and re-enjoy Hydlide, 😉  ...or get cracking on the unlicensed stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

It's one thing then or now to buy into it and say you have the collection, but to actually bother with not just the easy gems but the utter shite...and finish everything is on a unique level few to nearly none can make claim to.  I'm not surprised that took 10 years, and only with licensed too.

Now go back and re-enjoy Hydlide, 😉  ...or get cracking on the unlicensed stuff.

To be fair to that 10 years, there was about a 5 years hiatus in the middle where I started/ran/sold my own business and had a second child before I got back to it. So it wasn't 10 years of straight playing. 

Hydlide was actually a childhood game for me that I could never figure out. That one felt exceptionally good to conquer.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Thanks so much. I'm really going to reflect, research and replay some stuff and do my best to come up with a "hardest NES games" list because ALL of the ones currently out there are very very bad. Keep an eye out for that, but I'll need some time to do it up properly.

As for your second question about broken games, never. That was a big part of the goal, to beat them legitimately with what the developers provided. So if I ran into bugs or glitches I simply had to figure out how to deal with or avoid them. 

Id love to see this list!  Yeah I just saw Pat/Ian talk about some list and its a joke.  Its made by people who never dove in deep to the library.  "Oh F13 is so hard".  Hell I beat it the first time I played it!  

I dont know if I missed it but what was the final game?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Id love to see this list!  Yeah I just saw Pat/Ian talk about some list and its a joke.  Its made by people who never dove in deep to the library.  "Oh F13 is so hard".  Hell I beat it the first time I played it!  

I dont know if I missed it but what was the final game?

I subbed to that list just to see it in its entirety. It's a bad list with good intentions. 

Final game was Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade (Ubisoft)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

@Crabmaster2000 I still can't wrap my brain around this. You're insane haha. What were the last 10 or so games? And did you decide to tackle the library in any specific order?

-CasualCart

Didn't tackle them in a specific order, but I made little themes for myself from time to time. Early on I started with a lot of stuff I was familiar with. After the first 100 I grabbed games off of top hardest NES games lists to try (those lists are all bad and wrong), I did a stretch were I played game shows, another one where I only played movie licensed games for a while, did the rarest and most expensive carts for a bit, lumped the power pad games together and a lot of the zapper games as well, started this year only doing strategy games. Those were fun little ways to mix it up and keep it interesting. 

Final 10 were:

660 - Jack Nicklaus' Major Championship Golf

661 - Times of Lore

662 - Uninvited

663 - Super Glove Ball

664 - Clash at Demonhead

665 - Miracle Piano Teaching System

666 - Mach Rider

667 - Dungeon Magic

668 - The Immortal

669 - Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade (Ubisoft)

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

4 hours ago, elprincipe said:

I know there are a lot that I just would never have the patience to go through (such as the JRPGs...zzz). 

But...but...some of the chicks in those JRPGs are so cute though... 😞   For example, I dare anyone to try to find for me a more adorable kawaii bride than Flora 🙂 

Edited by Estil

On 12/2/2021 at 12:44 PM, Crabmaster2000 said:

I realize most of you guys wont know me

I know you, Crabby. 🙂

Edit: Amazing feat really when you think about it. How high could the number of people who have beaten every NES game be? Let alone on original hardware? Like.... it has to be less than 10 people ever.

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Tulpa said:

TheMexicanRunner also did it a few years ago, but that guy plays video games for a living.

Plus once in a while he had chats help.  Having an audience always helps you push thru.  Also doesn't hurt that one of your best games is one of the most annoying on the system haha

• Love 1