IGNORED

MinusWorlds.com debuts Tuesday- Thank You!

Dan64

5 hours ago, jonebone said:

Have you ever heard of www.stockx.com ?  If not you should check it out.  This is the same exact business model except they do it for brand new (deadstock) shoes, and have expanded into other collectibles too (Cards, clothing, etc.)  I'm not for or against this concept but this business model has already worked before.

I’m not familiar with the world of sneaker collecting. What need did stockx meet? Does that need exist in the video game collector market?

The value will be different for different people. 

Sellers not having to deal with buyers or scammers. They sell a game, they get a prepaid label, ship and set. 

Buyers get a company on their behalf to make sure they get their item, a clean custom box that is a great experience. 

The convenience for both buyers and sellers is something I believe people will come to love. Maybe it isn't for everyone and that is okay. I am not here to convince people, let us prove it. 

I really set out to create this process that would be best for everyone. 

Right now a new collector that is entering the hobby I feel is a daunting experience. Where do you go to learn about variants, seals etc?  If Ebay does not have a game they looking for, where do they go?

While we are starting with graded games, this is just the start. Raw brings more complications but we do have plans to open the site to such in time. But to start, we want to do it one step at a time to make sure we are doing all our processes as we set out to. 

In total, we are a video game marketplace that we hope provides a valued service to the community. We have many great things in the works to bring to help the community and this is simply step one. Tuesday you will see interviews with Nolan Bushnell, Tom Dubois, etc. Will be a lot of fun to show you what we been working on.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Lol, Nolan Bushnell, Jesus Christ! Is there anyone he WON'T give an interview to?! You get him to help you pack other people's shit into "custom" boxes for you too? 🤣😛

Actually @Dan64 I think you are pretty clever. Put a site together with a couple of mates to sell off a bunch of your own graded/sealed games while the market is high and make a KILLING, and maybe, if it catches on, you can attract more sellers and turn it into an ongoing concern...

I mean, if the site is launching on Tuesday, then I am ASSUMING the initial offerings will be those belonging to you and your friends, correct?

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Lol, Nolan Bushnell, Jesus Christ! Is there anyone he WON'T give an interview to?! You get him to help you pack other people's shit into "custom" boxes for you too? 🤣😛

Actually @Dan64 I think you are pretty clever. Put a site together with a couple of mates to sell off a bunch of your own graded/sealed games while the market is high and make a KILLING, and maybe, if it catches on, you can attract more sellers and turn it into an ongoing concern...

I mean, if the site is launching on Tuesday, then I am ASSUMING the initial offerings will be those belonging to you and your friends, correct?

Nolan Bushnell was very nice to sit down and talk over games. 

To be clear of your assumption, I am the only owner of the site. Many good people of the community offered seed money but I wanted to make sure I can do things how I thought was best overall regardless of profit. 

We are allowing veteran sellers to list games now so the site will have inventory when it launches. We have reached out to people with strong reputations in the community. We are accepting seller applications so do not hesitate to reach out. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, attakid101 said:

I’m not familiar with the world of sneaker collecting. What need did stockx meet? Does that need exist in the video game collector market?

Playing middle man to avoid sketchy transactions and also verifying that what you bought was authentic before sending to you. They’ve branched into many other things as well. I would argue since they MinusWorlds is only doing graded games they are reducing costs for sellers but those sellers are also going to miss out on a much wider market of buyers by doing so. Fixed price sales also go both ways, good and bad. Good in you got what you want, bad since you may have gotten significantly more. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Fixed price sales also go both ways, good and bad. Good in you got what you want, bad since you may have gotten significantly more. 

Fixed price works better for everyday items that have a known value.  It's trickier with rarer items that don't pop up often, as you either sell low to get paid quickly or sell high and hope someone bites at it.  Some items simply don't have a market price beyond the last known sale because they just don't change hands often enough to find an average.  Like, I can guarantee you I massively overpaid on Myriad based on the known sales data, but since that data was 4 years old at the time, I basically just had to make an offer that I could live with that would secure the purchase.  If I sold it tomorrow, I'd be hard pressed to break even, but in a few years when it hasn't been around for a while, then I might be able to make it back, or even make money on it.  Not that I plan to sell it, that thing is gonna be a centrepiece in my collection until the day I die, just using an extreme example.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the tags @JamesRobotand @Bearcat-Doug 

Yes, I’ve known about this since before day one. @Dan64came to me with the idea for the name a long time ago. He asked me to think about if I was okay with him using it and was 100% upfront and said if it was a no for me he would completely scrap the idea of using the name. No questions asked. I mulled it over and told him I was fine with it. 

As for the site…I’m a fan. I think it’s a good, and viable alternative to what we have now. Dan is a stand up guy and someone I 100% trust in the hobby.

To be clear, I am not affiliated with the site other than “allowing” him to use the name and some user testing. I didn’t receive, nor will receive, any money from the site using my name. So any feedback is genuine and deserved. 

I hope that clears it up. I hope you all have been well. Peace!

- MinusWorlds

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Dan64 is a well known commodity in the sealed game world. So for people talking about "shady" this and that, the opposite is actually exactly what he's providing. Ebay is sketchy, MinusWorlds is not. The other really cool thing is that his site appears it's going to be dedicated to video games only, and have some cool content that I feel is missing pretty much everywhere else.

Videos, signed celeb/athlete agreements, hopefully some social media, that's exactly what this the graded universe could really use, which is more fun and focus on the games and history behind them than just the investment aspect. Auction houses focus on so many different mediums that video games never really get the time I think they deserve, so a website that offers a BiN option and I can learn a lot about games and enjoy some content is actually something that I think is really needed. Other collectibles hobbies, which are more mature, have all these things in droves. Video games right now has videos of people yelling at each other about what the best way to collect is. Be nice to get some more fun involved in the graded games scene. 

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I really like this idea. Selling and buying games is pretty energy consuming on eBay. whenever you intend to authenticate raw games will be a day you have me as a customer. It makes sense to start with graded as you want to ensure the process is smooth before introducing the complexities of verification. 

Great stuff. Can’t wait to see it blossom. 

Oh and if you’re ever looking to contract a front end dev to help sew things up, give me a shout. 😉 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 10:31 AM, attakid101 said:

If you go on ebay and get Jordans or Yeezys, for a novice, there's a decent chance you'll be scammed. It's like a causal gamer going on ebay to try to buy a Pokemon DS game. StockX guarantees the items are legit and in the advertised condition (new?). They also let buyers put in buds, which are more like offers, on shoes that all sellers of the shoes in that size can accept. 

One thing people don't realize is there's a huge market for buying completely beat sneakers and refinishing them, basically painting them and gluing them back together. I bought a pair of sneakers from my barber and after about 2 months of wearing them ALL the wear was apparent. They went from 8/10 to 4/10. I kinda figured they would since I got them for basically nothing but still, it definitely happens all the time on in the market.

StockX let's you avoid those types of headaches are really let's you know that w.e shoes you're buying through their site is legit to the tits. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dan64 said:

We are live, enjoy!

Just checked it out. It looks awesome! A very large amount of games on there for sale already.

A big congratulations on the launch. I am so happy because it gives us collectors another option/safer place than Ebay to sell our games. Thank so much for doing this.

• Haha 1

I bought a few things, felt a bit like Black Friday at Target during the launch lol. Site is a bit glitchy (stuff I bought is still showing as available for example lol), but Dan is around and making sure it's all good. Some standard launch stuff, I suspect that back end stuff will be fixed shortly. Overall, love the look and the options. I'll check out the content a bit later. 

2 hours ago, Dan64 said:

We are live, enjoy!

Looking great Dan!  Congrats on the launch!  

Can we get some CIB breakdowns on the main load page of the particular game for sale?  That would be spectacular.  Things like the Gradius 5 screw 7.5 CIB are a mystery as to what the subs are given there aren't additional pictures.

What happens if the game (i.e. the WATA or VGA case) gets damaged on it's way to you or the buyer or you or the buyer claim it's not what we shipped?

Also, how would we get paid?

Can you also describe exactly how you would be packing the package to the buyer (if you are repackaging it)? Don't want no 45k of 1st edition pokemon cards being shipped in sandwich bags kind of situation to go on here.

I would be willing to post 50+ WATA and VGA games on your website, but I don't know you or ever dealt with you before. My ebay feedback speaks for itself (never received a neg, and most of my feedback is from selling), so I have no intention of getting scammed. 

Edited by tidaldreams

3 hours ago, acidjaguar said:

Looking great Dan!  Congrats on the launch!  

Can we get some CIB breakdowns on the main load page of the particular game for sale?  That would be spectacular.  Things like the Gradius 5 screw 7.5 CIB are a mystery as to what the subs are given there aren't additional pictures.

I agree 110% with this, I will make make sure that when a cib is entered the subs are listed out. Also if any major maps etc. It probably will take a week or two but consider it on the schedule. much appreciate the feedback 

• Love 1