IGNORED

MinusWorlds.com debuts Tuesday- Thank You!

Dan64

1 minute ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

No idea. I’m more shocked at you thinking a Videogame is worth a billion dollars.

i dont it has a best offer but it's based on recent sales figures so doesnt hurt to ask. 1000x rarer than mario 64 but rarity isnt everything 🙂

i had some other games at much closer to market rate .

hard to price rare games given that the cash will likely go towards the inflated market

37 minutes ago, CIBWholesale said:

are there any successful transactions on mw yet and what kind of feedback program is there between buyer/seller

We had 18 sales in first 12 hours. We continue to have multiple sales today which is great being a holiday weekend and less than a week old. A few of the buyers have reported received their games and really liked the experience so far. 

There is no feedback system because we are ensuring the quality and experience for the buyer. This is why the game is shipped to us, we provide a service to ensure the customer is getting a great experience. Also why we have standard for photos. We are trying to make a process that is best for the seller and buyer. We hope to continue to improve the process to have this vision prove out in what we know to be the best for everyone. 

-Dan

Edited by Dan64

27 minutes ago, CIBWholesale said:

i dont it has a best offer but it's based on recent sales figures so doesnt hurt to ask. 1000x rarer than mario 64 but rarity isnt everything 🙂

i had some other games at much closer to market rate .

hard to price rare games given that the cash will likely go towards the inflated market

I thought it was pretty obvious you were just fishing for offers to see what you could turn up. But you've got me curious, what game are we talking about? And why not upload full, clear pictures of it (if I understand the foregoing discussion)? Avoiding bootleg fodder?

You know what, I think I got this ALL wrong after all, I see it now!

So basically Minus Worlds is a place to home all those ridiculously overpriced eBay listings for games that never sell, to prevent them clogging up all our eBay searches!

It's brilliant! I was so wrong @Dan64 you truly ARE providing a service for the community after all! 😄

• Haha 10
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

A 10 / A++ Matte Sticker Super Mario Bros. personally delivered to you by Shigeru Miyamoto, Koji Kondo, Takashi Tezuka, and Hiroshi Yamauchi on October 18, 1985 with photos and proof that it was the first one ever printed wouldn’t even be remotely near $1B at any point in the past, present, and future…let alone whatever it was your listing.

If you can convince the art world that video games are in fact true works of art then you need to realize that The most expensive piece of artwork EVER sold is Leonardo DaVinci’s “Salvador Mundi” and it didn’t even sell for HALF of what you’re asking.

If a picture is worth 1,000 words then what is a video game worth from the best artist. there are a lot more than 1,000 pictures inside a video game and they are much better quality and have much more significance -- to me anyway

also they dont age well like paintings and printed paper

thanks for helping me figure out pricing as i'm not confident in the multipliers. I can only use the data that is available and the equations I have used in the past (2017 and previous) are not working in 2021. There must be some kind of upper limit that a market could experience. The multipliers worked before so i'm just replacing the old -2017 data with new 2018+ data and the asking prices get a little hazy

Just now, CIBWholesale said:

If a picture is worth 1,000 words then what is a video game worth from the best artist. there are a lot more than 1,000 pictures inside a video game, you can move them,  much better quality, the medium is lightning/electricity, and have much more significance/reach -- to me anyway

also they dont age well like paintings and printed paper

thanks for helping me figure out pricing as i'm not confident in the multipliers. I can only use the data that is available and the equations I have used in the past (2017 and previous) are not working in 2021. There must be some kind of upper limit that a market could experience. The multipliers worked before so i'm just replacing the old -2017 data with new 2018+ data and the asking prices get a little hazy

8 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

By looking at these posts A) I dont understand how anyone would want the drama of opening up a business associated with sealed games/investing and B) it really brings out the stupid and delusions in people.

it has a best offer. some people dont want to .99 auction.  there is no way to ask publicly for recent comparable sales using buy it now.  MW can provide that

Edited by CIBWholesale

On 11/27/2021 at 9:47 PM, Code Monkey said:

Why are you here if this makes you so angry?

I wonder this about 50% of the people on here lol. So much negative energy being wasted that could be put to far better use. If games give them such pleasure, why are they here being negative instead of playing them? You don’t get this time back.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I wonder this about 50% of the people on here lol. So much negative energy being wasted that could be put to far better use. If games give them such pleasure, why are they here being negative instead of playing them? You don’t get this time back.

This is a public forum discussing a public service, it is absolutely the correct place to air public criticisms of that service.

Some of us are coming at this from a position of support, particularly those already invested in the sealed/graded market, others a position of scepticism or outright derision.

We're all entitled to our views, and it's actually healthy to have a range of viewpoints to consider.

Of course, there ARE those who want BLANKET support and hype for the graded market, and get VERY uncomfortable when alternative voices appear to dampen down on the frenzy...

Fortunately, this forum remains open to voices on both side of the aisle, and I for one am very glad of that fact!

• Thanks 2

Moderator · Posted
49 minutes ago, OptOut said:

This is a public forum discussing a public service, it is absolutely the correct place to air public criticisms of that service.

Some of us are coming at this from a position of support, particularly those already invested in the sealed/graded market, others a position of scepticism or outright derision.

We're all entitled to our views, and it's actually healthy to have a range of viewpoints to consider.

Of course, there ARE those who want BLANKET support and hype for the graded market, and get VERY uncomfortable when alternative voices appear to dampen down on the frenzy...

Fortunately, this forum remains open to voices on both side of the aisle, and I for one am very glad of that fact!

There are also those that are completely against the sealed/graded market and want blanket support for their own agenda, and won’t listen to reason and evidence when presented to them. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, doner24 said:

There are also those that are completely against the sealed/graded market and want blanket support for their own agenda, and won’t listen to reason and evidence when presented to them. 🤷‍♂️ 

Please enlighten me, oh wise one, what agenda might that be? I'm asking a serious question here, ...

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Someone came up with a new service and is announcing it. Look at your first two posts in this thread. Come on man.

If anything, this new website provides a new place to scope out other items. I'm curious to see what other items get added in the future.

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Someone came up with a new service and is announcing it. Look at your first two posts in this thread. Come on man.

If anything, this new website provides a new place to scope out other items. I'm curious to see what other items get added in the future.

Mockery, satire and critical evaluation are perfectly valid responses to the launch of a new website with a service to sell.

I don't like his product, I don't like his services, I don't like his prices, and I think the business model is flawed.

I'm free to express those opinions, just as he's free to fish for customers here as well.

I'm not here to pump up the hype train and cheerlead a market I think is irrational, unsustainable, and potentially harmful for the end buyers once they realise their "investments" are not quite as sure as they had first hoped.

I'm here to urge caution and speak sense, and to milk a couple laughs out of it all along the way. You take a look at the prices on that site, and then come back to me and tell me there is absolutely no need whatsoever to emphasize a degree of scepticism and caution to those who might wish to gamble in this market.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

Critical evaluation? sure.  

Mockery and satire? no.

Anyone is feel free to share their thoughts on these issues as long as they are constructive.  And that can be done without mockery, satire, and excessive negativity.  And especially, it can be done without individual members fighting with each other and bringing private / outside conflicts into a thread [reference to earlier conversations, not this one].

I believe the OP here has done a fantastic job of responding with calm and clear answers.  Regardless of what anyone here thinks of the site, graded games, the market in general, etc., constructive conversations can occur that don't involve bickering and mockery.  

Please keep this in mind going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Critical evaluation? sure.  

Mockery and satire? no.

Anyone is feel free to share their thoughts on these issues as long as they are constructive.  And that can be done without mockery, satire, and excessive negativity.  And especially, it can be done without individual members fighting with each other and bringing private / outside conflicts into a thread [reference to earlier conversations, not this one].

I believe the OP here has done a fantastic job of responding with calm and clear answers.  Regardless of what anyone here thinks of the site, graded games, the market in general, etc., constructive conversations can occur that don't involve bickering and mockery.  

Please keep this in mind going forward.

Fine, I'll keep the snark to a minimum moving forward.

But, I stand by my observations and criticisms 100%.

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Please enlighten me, oh wise one, what agenda might that be? I'm asking a serious question here, ...

Haven’t seen the Probst video and the resulting chaos? Didn’t matter what anyone said to defend people involved, some people had no intent on listening and seems to me that some people want to shut down the grading companies/auction houses and somehow, the games will be magically priced the same as 20 years ago. 

Disclosure:I don’t collect sealed games and have never used a grading service or auction place other than EBay. 

• Confused 1

Just now, doner24 said:

Haven’t seen the Probst video and the resulting chaos? Didn’t matter what anyone said to defend people involved, some people had no intent on listening and seems to me that some people want to shut down the grading companies/auction houses and somehow, the games will be magically priced the same as 20 years ago. 

Disclosure:I don’t collect sealed games and have never used a grading service or auction place other than EBay. 

So you are saying the agenda of the others is to shut down the grading houses to bring prices down to what they were 20 years ago, do I understand correctly?