IGNORED

MinusWorlds.com debuts Tuesday- Thank You!

Dan64

As much as I find these kinds of discussions entertaining, and as much as I feel that there is a TON of greed in this hobby, I believe that Tom is genuinely a nice guy.

Back in the NA days he had messaged me randomly and then sent my brother a slabbed Mega Man action figure. While I don't remember much of the deets at all anymore, I do remember that it was a completely random thing, something I'll never forget.

So once again, thanks Tom, and I'm sorry to hear about your recent losses.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Q1xOCwI.jpg

6 hours ago, fcgamer said:

As much as I find these kinds of discussions entertaining, and as much as I feel that there is a TON of greed in this hobby

it's not to do with greed it's about matching the green numbers  and the green numbers being a reliable way to navigate the market. The games I do have to match the competition like sonic the highest offer i've gotten so far is 5k, and other copies have comp'd for as much as a house

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, CIBWholesale said:

thanks for calling me a 1 off

It's a serial number. Who is the grader? the buyer? or the grading company? The serial is in clear view and the verification happens at your facility correct? what exactly is the service you're offering?

like I said i agree with you about the 6 pics and them being clearly visible. What i dont agree with is other sellers not being held to that standard and the response I got about how to handle it. Like a instaban vibe

also.... the minor details are very upsetting because I asked for a billion, not 1.5. but who cares about minor details?

A billion dollars? Are you okay? No one is paying you a billion dollars. 

9A3CD625-E544-44A0-B5C7-BB78BB64C3C4.gif

• Agree 1

I’m neutral when people ask high numbers for their things, but seriously? A billion dollars Man?

Do you realize the difference between one million dollars and one billion dollars is approximately one billion dollars?

There’s only been one thing in the entire hobby to sell for more than a million so far, and it’s widely regarded as a fluke.

A 10 / A++ Matte Sticker Super Mario Bros. personally delivered to you by Shigeru Miyamoto, Koji Kondo, Takashi Tezuka, and Hiroshi Yamauchi on October 18, 1985 with photos and proof that it was the first one ever printed wouldn’t even be remotely near $1B at any point in the past, present, and future…let alone whatever it was your listing.

If you can convince the art world that video games are in fact true works of art then you need to realize that The most expensive piece of artwork EVER sold is Leonardo DaVinci’s “Salvador Mundi” and it didn’t even sell for HALF of what you’re asking.

There are very very VERY few objects on the entire planet between all of mankind’s history that would approach $1b in value. Literally, if you had a time machine that can grab objects from any point in history or the future it would still be hard to find many objects worth that much.

$1,000,000,000.00 is beyond insane, or delusional. It’s beyond comical…it’s just wrong.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

@RETRO - I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but it might be beneficial to consider a brief mental-health hiatus from the graded games scene. I can’t say that I’ve read all of your posts (they’re a bit lengthy - a writing habit I’m guilty of myself haha), but I get the sense that your involvement in this facet of the hobby is having a noticeably negative effect on you (and others). You should never be losing sleep over video games - they’re supposed to be fun.

Maybe @FenrirZero can offer some advice on this - I think he recently stepped away from graded games because it proved to be a toxic environment for his personality and values.

Luckily, VGS offers plenty of ways to engage in other aspects of our hobby - like gameplay discussions and leaderboards / contests. We even have an area where you can promote your website appropriately.

Ultimately you should do what you think is best for your own mental health - I just thought I’d weigh-in to offer some (hopefully helpful) advice.

-CasualCart

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, jonebone said:

Real question, can anyone clarify how to see sold listings?  I tried advanced search clicking sold to see all and I see nothing.  Haven't created an account though, do you have to be logged in?

This bug is active but being worked on, we fixed a few bugs with "sold" listings that have affected this function. You can see sold listings on the home page in two spots in mean time. We have created a bug that many of the sales in the first 3 days were not being attributed but now can see them and their sales data price points

2 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

A billion dollars? Are you okay? No one is paying you a billion dollars. 

9A3CD625-E544-44A0-B5C7-BB78BB64C3C4.gif

you all were laughing at my pricing in 2010 in the same way

i'm really glad minusworlds has given collectors a place to ask the prices we're looking for because a lot of games you'd never see because the collector isnt going to put up limit space. "i'd sell it for a million dollars" might become reality given the rarity compared to the average million dollar item

but i'll concede it's worth 10-15k at auction. It's odd to see much rarer games not break 4 or 5 figure prices when other games are getting 6,7

and of course the best rebuttal ---- it had a best offer option

Edited by CIBWholesale

Just now, inasuma said:

Your buying pool is less than 3000 people worldwide.  lol this is parody.

it's no different than a ocarina of time cart. Lets say worth 5 dollars, i paid 5 dollars for it. the internet says i can sell it for 30 so I put it up for 40 obo

I'd challenge that 3k number and it's more like 15 collectors and 2985 resellers

• Agree 1

Moderator · Posted
24 minutes ago, CIBWholesale said:

you all were laughing at my pricing in 2010 in the same way

i'm really glad minusworlds has given collectors a place to ask the prices we're looking for because a lot of games you'd never see because the collector isnt going to put up limit space. "i'd sell it for a million dollars" might become reality given the rarity compared to the average million dollar item

but i'll concede it's worth 10-15k at auction. It's odd to see much rarer games not break 4 or 5 figure prices when other games are getting 6,7

and of course the best rebuttal ---- it had a best offer option

Rarity is not the only factor in price. 

11 minutes ago, CIBWholesale said:

it's no different than a ocarina of time cart. Lets say worth 5 dollars, i paid 5 dollars for it. the internet says i can sell it for 30 so I put it up for 40 obo

I'd challenge that 3k number and it's more like 15 collectors and 2985 resellers

You’re comparing a $10 increase in price for an OOT cart with a $998,000,000 increase from the last highest sold price of all time?

That 3k number is the number of billionaires in the world. It’s actually less, 2800 or so. Not gamers or collectors. Just billionaires.

Edited by inasuma

it's an effort to gauge interest.

I'm not going to sell a game without comps unless it's a no brainer price. Theres a best offer option and in 5 years when I have 10 offers and atleast 1 showed up as a comp it's a lot easier to know the value than to speculate. If I need 10k I can probably .99 it but I can get 10k from my cart collection or cib collection before selling a rare

Edited by CIBWholesale

Moderator · Posted
30 minutes ago, CIBWholesale said:

it's an effort to gauge interest.

I'm not going to sell a game without comps unless it's a no brainer price. Theres a best offer option and in 5 years when I have 10 offers and atleast 1 showed up as a comp it's a lot easier to know the value than to speculate. If I need 10k I can probably .99 it but I can get 10k from my cart collection or cib collection before selling a rare

It’s so expensive because it is so rare that it might be the only one….but I’m going to wait until there is another one to base the value on. See how that kind of contradicts itself and could hurt the value?

4 minutes ago, doner24 said:

It’s so expensive because it is so rare that it might be the only one….but I’m going to wait until there is another one to base the value on. See how that kind of contradicts itself and could hurt the value?

i just want to keep it. and have had experiences of sellers remorse. but everybody has a price they would sell at and MW gives a place to say wat u want for something

hopefully after the beta phase everyone will get a fair way to say the price they want for their graded games and u never know when someone has a extra bill

Edited by CIBWholesale

Moderator · Posted
6 minutes ago, CIBWholesale said:

i just want to keep it. and have had experiences of buyers remorse. but everybody has a price they would sell at and MW gives a place to say wat u want for something

hopefully after the beta phase everyone will get a fair way to say the price they want for their graded games

Fair enough. 

14 hours ago, fcgamer said:

As much as I find these kinds of discussions entertaining, and as much as I feel that there is a TON of greed in this hobby, I believe that Tom is genuinely a nice guy.

Back in the NA days he had messaged me randomly and then sent my brother a slabbed Mega Man action figure. While I don't remember much of the deets at all anymore, I do remember that it was a completely random thing, something I'll never forget.

So once again, thanks Tom, and I'm sorry to hear about your recent losses.

Oh hey man! Thank you for the kind words. Funny, I was thinking about that action figure recently. That thing is awesome. I hope your brother enjoys it. IIRC (it’s been awhile) he wrote me a hand-written thank you note.  I hope you are both well. And thank you again for sticking up for me. 

6 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I’m neutral when people ask high numbers for their things, but seriously? A billion dollars Man?

Do you realize the difference between one million dollars and one billion dollars is approximately one billion dollars?

There’s only been one thing in the entire hobby to sell for more than a million so far, and it’s widely regarded as a fluke.

A 10 / A++ Matte Sticker Super Mario Bros. personally delivered to you by Shigeru Miyamoto, Koji Kondo, Takashi Tezuka, and Hiroshi Yamauchi on October 18, 1985 with photos and proof that it was the first one ever printed wouldn’t even be remotely near $1B at any point in the past, present, and future…let alone whatever it was your listing.

If you can convince the art world that video games are in fact true works of art then you need to realize that The most expensive piece of artwork EVER sold is Leonardo DaVinci’s “Salvador Mundi” and it didn’t even sell for HALF of what you’re asking.

There are very very VERY few objects on the entire planet between all of mankind’s history that would approach $1b in value. Literally, if you had a time machine that can grab objects from any point in history or the future it would still be hard to find many objects worth that much.

$1,000,000,000.00 is beyond insane, or delusional. It’s beyond comical…it’s just wrong.

the asking price is based on the mario 64 sale  and comparative 500k+ commons and it's sister stadium events

but it's worth 10k today price I imagine

i dont want any of those objects u said . if  i got them i'd sell for the video games

Edited by CIBWholesale