IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Galaga

BeaIank

22 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Looks like I’m done for the week cause I won’t get back from Disney until Sunday night. Kinda bummed personally was thinking 500k for my goal but not gonna happen this time and probably gonna fall off the podium for the genre. Oh well wasn’t meant to be.

35B9DE63-85A5-468D-B59D-D1E2A66E2427.jpeg

500k would be awesome, but I don't think I'll have the time to take a shot at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Looks like I’m done for the week cause I won’t get back from Disney until Sunday night. Kinda bummed personally was thinking 500k for my goal but not gonna happen this time and probably gonna fall off the podium for the genre. Oh well wasn’t meant to be.

Leave it to skinny to post a picture featuring an office phone from 1983

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Don't play too much. I've been playing in these since the 2012 season and I've never won a shooter contest. Maybe I can finally check it off the list this week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

I can’t play! Lol the power supply port on my avs broke hahaaa

The same thing happened to my Super NES last night! I was unplugging it to dust off my TV stand and the post broke off. At least it finally gave me an excuse to hook up the Super NT I bought a few months ago.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

There's top three spots available for anyone who's halfway decent at this game.

Bert will probably crush it though.

I was going to try again yesterday, but I ended up playing Super Castlevania IV instead. I think I'm stuck in 9th place in the standings no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I might actually win my first shooter contest in ten seasons. It's a Halloween miracle! 

It's either you or bert, if he happens to show up.  The score I'm about to post is not very good, but would put me in fourth, I think, with half an hour to go.  I haven't had much time this week, so I don't know if it'll be enough to hang on to the genre title though.  I guess it depends on whether skinny's bluffing or not...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's either you or bert, if he happens to show up.  The score I'm about to post is not very good, but would put me in fourth, I think, with half an hour to go.  I haven't had much time this week, so I don't know if it'll be enough to hang on to the genre title though.  I guess it depends on whether skinny's bluffing or not...

If I knew that I had a real shot at winning, I would have tried to play some more this weekend.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

If I knew that I actually had a shot at winning, I would have tried to play some more this weekend.

Yeah, it sucks: I'm gonna have a ton of free time this week coming up, but have no motivation or desire to play klax past a participation score, whereas this week, I would have really dug out a good score for Galaga.  Ah well...  just gotta save up my energy for the big finale with Holy Diver; I only have a three point lead on that one...

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, it sucks: I'm gonna have a ton of free time this week coming up, but have no motivation or desire to play klax past a participation score, whereas this week, I would have really dug out a good score for Galaga.  Ah well...  just gotta save up my energy for the big finale with Holy Diver; I only have a three point lead on that one...

I think I'm locked into 9th place on the overall leaderboard so I don't have any real motivation to play Klax either. Maybe I'll catch up on some SNES games this week instead.

8 hours ago, PII said:

I found this from Nintendo Age days gone by.

The Verdict:  We ALL    SUCK at this game.

roadrunner galaga.png

I'll still take my first ever shooter contest win even though I didn't do as well as I would have liked. That should give me 100 points on the overall leaderboard, which isn't bad considering I missed the entire first half of the season.