IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Galaga

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, welcome!
For this week, we have a classic of all ages to define the winner of the Shoot 'em up genre for 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest.
@Dr. Morbis leads the shooter scoreboard with 26 points, but @docile tapeworm comes in 2nd with 21 points, with the possibility to claim the title. @bertsampsonand @NESfiend also stand a chance for taking the title with 20 points each,

The rules for this week are below:

• 1 player only
  • Play until Game Over
  • Highest score wins

Shoot them up!

30_Galaga_Sage.png.1e66ce7a5e462907a737b

The contest ends Sunday, 10/31/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

Events Team · Posted
1st Bearcat-Doug 434,500
2nd MegaMan52 219,330
3rd NESfiend 186,500
4th Dr. Morbis 184,690
5th PII 171,250
6th docile tapeworm 136,180
7th mbd39 103,200
8th Richardhead 45,360
9th 0xDEAFC0DE 33,390
10th the_wizard_666 30,660
11th Krunch 23,890

Reserved for 5th place or better score!!!   😛

SCORE EDIT - Welp, I just played the absolute game of my life!  I hope it's enough to beat Skinny: 57,730  😉

SCORE EDIT #2 - Haven't played much, but here' my final score; hopefully it's enough, 184, 690:

Gal3.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

So far. 4 of 6 scores posted on CRT.😁

In my defense, my crt is in the gameroom in the basement. My wife gets pissy if I ditch her at night over the upstairs tv not being old enough. Its hard being an old man who plays too much nintendo. But if playing on a flatscreen is what I gotta do to keep playing and maintain domestic peace, there have been tougher crosses to bare

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

In my defense, my crt is in the gameroom in the basement. My wife gets pissy if I ditch her at night over the upstairs tv not being old enough. Its hard being an old man who plays too much nintendo. But if playing on a flatscreen is what I gotta do to keep playing and maintain domestic peace, there have been tougher crosses to bare

I just like playing NES games in glorious HD.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I’m divorced and single.