IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

Anybody have a complete copy of bubble bobble 2 and flintstones dino peak where they believe the inserts they have are 100% correct? If so would you mind sharing?

I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of bb2 but this is what I have for dino peak. I’m thinking dino peak should have -3 on the precaution based on release date, would that be a correct assumption?

74A21E61-5AD0-4981-8AB7-9B76E36A5392.jpeg

• Like 1

I only know of one print run of Dinosaur Peak. That is, 31116 for both the box and the manual. This number translates to November 16, 1993.

The cartridge has the PRG and CHR both stamped as 9347 which translates to the 47th week of 1993 which is some time between November 22, 1993 and November 28, 1993. (Note: that date range isn't exactly known since I do not know how the machine that stamps the chips counts weeks...e.g. does it count week one at 00 or 01? does it start week 1 at January 1 or does it run in from last year? does it start the week on a sunday or monday? too many variables to consider)

NES-USA/CAN-2 would almost definitely be the correct insert.

Untitled-1.jpg.76fe8e1d424f17307678d5935b1bbe35.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Anybody have a complete copy of bubble bobble 2 and flintstones dino peak where they believe the inserts they have are 100% correct? If so would you mind sharing?

I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of bb2 but this is what I have for dino peak. I’m thinking dino peak should have -3 on the precaution based on release date, would that be a correct assumption?

I have an extremely mint Dino peak that I bought from a Mom & Pop video store in 2001.  All the games I was buying were loaded with inserts which prompted me to ask the proprieter if he took anything out of the boxes when he opened the games.  He said nothing but the cartridge, sleeve and plastic bag came out.  I have all the items you have pictured, including a -2 precautions booklet, and STRONGLY believe them to be the original contents that came with the game (including the -6 Taito Wave and same NP insert) .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I have an extremely mint Dino peak that I bought from a Mom & Pop video store in 2001.  All the games I was buying were loaded with inserts which prompted me to ask the proprieter if he took anything out of the boxes when he opened the games.  He said nothing but the cartridge, sleeve and plastic bag came out.  I have all the items you have pictured, including a -2 precautions booklet, and STRONGLY believe them to be the original contents that came with the game (including the -6 Taito Wave and same NP insert) .

I started a thread on Nintendo Age specifically asking if anyone knew the origins of a TAI-NES-US-6 insert I bought because it was believed to be later than any other known Taito game so far. Now I know where that insert belongs, thanks a lot.

Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated. That box and manual above have the same codes you posted ThePhleo. As for bubble bobble 2 I have seen them both come with -5 and -6 but didn’t think there was two print runs just possible wrong inserts in some. That leads me to believe that the power blade 2 I got which was from a rental store is correct. It came with a -4 wave poster and for the longest time I thought it should’ve been -5 but perhaps there was two prints of pb2 or -4 is correct?

I don’t want to muck up this thread but I have some outstanding games I’d like to ask what the inserts are. Would anyone be willing to help me out through a private message perhaps?

I do also just want to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have and bring to this site and all that carried over from NA.

Edited by Goodvibes

16 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Also, there's two print runs of Bubble Bobble 2.

One of which comes with TAI-NES-US-5 and the other which comes with TAI-NES-US-6.

I do not have the print dates on them since I never scanned my old copy when I owned it...looking to replace it soon :V

I’ll have to check my copy to see what the print date is and then hopefully someone else has the other date so I can confirm which I have and insert I need. Currently I have a -6 in mine but I had to source it as it wasn’t in the box when I got it.

16 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I only know of one print run of Dinosaur Peak. That is, 31116 for both the box and the manual. This number translates to November 16, 1993.

The cartridge has the PRG and CHR both stamped as 9347 which translates to the 47th week of 1993 which is some time between November 22, 1993 and November 28, 1993. (Note: that date range isn't exactly known since I do not know how the machine that stamps the chips counts weeks...e.g. does it count week one at 00 or 01? does it start week 1 at January 1 or does it run in from last year? does it start the week on a sunday or monday? too many variables to consider)

NES-USA/CAN-2 would almost definitely be the correct insert.

Untitled-1.jpg.76fe8e1d424f17307678d5935b1bbe35.jpg

With the print dates being 1993 do you guys believe it was sold and released in 1993? Most sites show this game as released in 1994.

19 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

With the print dates being 1993 do you guys believe it was sold and released in 1993? Most sites show this game as released in 1994.

Tough to say.

I was never able to find a reliable source for release dates. I guess the best thing is to start going through old Toys R Us, KB Toys, Sears, EB Games, etc. flyers and try to piece a better picture together but I doubt it was released in August 1994 as many lists claim given how there's over a half year lag in between print date to the alleged release date.

Edited by ThePhleo

2 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated. That box and manual above have the same codes you posted ThePhleo. As for bubble bobble 2 I have seen them both come with -5 and -6 but didn’t think there was two print runs just possible wrong inserts in some. That leads me to believe that the power blade 2 I got which was from a rental store is correct. It came with a -4 wave poster and for the longest time I thought it should’ve been -5 but perhaps there was two prints of pb2 or -4 is correct?

I don’t want to muck up this thread but I have some outstanding games I’d like to ask what the inserts are. Would anyone be willing to help me out through a private message perhaps?

I do also just want to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have and bring to this site and all that carried over from NA.

I'd prefer you post it here so everyone else can gain the knowledge as well.

That’s fine I just didn’t want to do that if it was preferred I do it elsewhere. I wanted to know if there was an original complete copy of color a dinosaur and jungle book someone has? Overlord came with no code on the poster and reg but those two were released after it and not sure if virgin bothered with poster or reg advertisements after overlord.

2 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

That’s fine I just didn’t want to do that if it was preferred I do it elsewhere. I wanted to know if there was an original complete copy of color a dinosaur and jungle book someone has? Overlord came with no code on the poster and reg but those two were released after it and not sure if virgin bothered with poster or reg advertisements after overlord.

Color A Dinosaur comes should come with the generic Virgin/Arcadia flyer, and VIR-NES-US-2 registration card. It should also come with NES-USA/CAN-2. The VIR-NES-US-2 registration card is NOT rare though. It can be found in certain Caesar's Palace print runs.

I am not sure about Jungle Book as it was one of the final NES games ever released and is pretty rare to find in good, complete condition. However, on October 10, 2019 VGPC claims one sold with a poster and "etc" so there might be some goodies there.

31 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Color A Dinosaur comes should come with the generic Virgin/Arcadia flyer, and VIR-NES-US-2 registration card. It should also come with NES-USA/CAN-2. The VIR-NES-US-2 registration card is NOT rare though. It can be found in certain Caesar's Palace print runs.

I am not sure about Jungle Book as it was one of the final NES games ever released and is pretty rare to find in good, complete condition. However, on October 10, 2019 VGPC claims one sold with a poster and "etc" so there might be some goodies there.

Okay so you’re thinking vir-nes-us-1 poster, -2 reg and -2 precaution. See that’s where I was tossed up about it, seems weird they would use -1 poster and -2 reg in 1992 then go to no code for overlord and then in 1993 go back to -1 poster and -2 reg.

As for jungle book I have seen snes posters if I’m not mistaken but never an nes one. I think of battletoads double dragon or cool world and having the same poster for both consoles only real difference is the corresponding codes. Wonder if jungle book might’ve had the same type of thing?

8 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

Okay so you’re thinking vir-nes-us-1 poster, -2 reg and -2 precaution. See that’s where I was tossed up about it, seems weird they would use -1 poster and -2 reg in 1992 then go to no code for overlord and then in 1993 go back to -1 poster and -2 reg.

As for jungle book I have seen snes posters if I’m not mistaken but never an nes one. I think of battletoads double dragon or cool world and having the same poster for both consoles only real difference is the corresponding codes. Wonder if jungle book might’ve had the same type of thing?

They manufactured Overlord themselves, so I consider it as an "aside" to the Virgin/Arcadia set.

But overall, yes that's what I think the proper order of things are.

I would however ask @Mr. CIB since he's been doing this sort of documentation longer than me.