IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

11 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

They manufactured Overlord themselves, so I consider it as an "aside" to the Virgin/Arcadia set.

But overall, yes that's what I think the proper order of things are.

I would however ask @Mr. CIB since he's been doing this sort of documentation longer than me.

Already did, these are a couple with next to no concrete info or examples of. I was hoping someone here would have these. Perhaps @Dr. Morbis?

Edited by Goodvibes

For Jungle Book it is almost certainly (but not guaranteed):

Poster VIR-NES-US-1

Precautions NES-USA/CAN-2

Reg  VIR-NES-US-2

...in addition to the usual stuff.  This is what my minty copy came with, HOWEVER, it had already been opened so this is not guaranteed.  I really don't like posting info like this that isn't 100% known to be factual because of the way the internet turns suppositions into quoted truths, but there it is for you.  I can't comment on Color a Dinosaur because it's one of the 14 NES games I don't have CIB.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:07 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

For Jungle Book it is almost certainly (but not guaranteed):

Poster VIR-NES-US-1

Precautions NES-USA/CAN-2

Reg  VIR-NES-US-2

...in addition to the usual stuff.  This is what my minty copy came with, HOWEVER, it had already been opened so this is not guaranteed.  I really don't like posting info like this that isn't 100% known to be factual because of the way the internet turns suppositions into quoted truths, but there it is for you.  I can't comment on Color a Dinosaur because it's one of the 14 NES games I don't have CIB.

I totally understand, that’s why I mentioned earlier that I would just message someone so it’s not in the thread. I do appreciate the input. I do have the same in my jungle book but that was a guess of mine from two years ago. I never really put together that overlord was no code pieces like rollerblade racer and if it made much of a difference.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, Code Monkey said:

I need about 700 for my collection so I'll take everything you have. I like to think I've contributed immensely to this program since it started.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:32 PM, austin532 said:

How do you sleep at night knowing those games don't have baggies?

On 10/31/2020 at 12:36 AM, Divingninja said:

Very nice. What is the going rate on bags?

I'll get together what I have and get a few to each of you. I'll send out PMs... eventually.

Also, love the hard work on the thread, friends.

34 minutes ago, austin532 said:

I don't have enough data yet but it seems like it went small hole, then big hole, and then some games went back to small hole.

The later bags feel a little different. They look more clear and feel thinner.

I'd like to second this. I have a urban champion with circle seal which has all factory stuff (99% sure, purchased like 20 years ago and it was sealed when I purchased it as I recall) and it has a thicker bag than later releases (e.g. even later black box games).  I'd have to find pictures to remember the hole size now though.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Anybody have pictures of these that they could message me or confirm they exist:

-California games posters (thought someone mentioned that a -1 poster existed)

-Kon-nes-us-4 reg

-Super tecmo bowl trifold card

-Tengen $10 coupon

Courtesy of @Mr. CIB. Also, I opened a lot of sealed Tengen games, so I'm assuming I have the coupon, although I don't remember specifically. Also maybe Tecmo. My brain has really rotted when it comes to this NES stuff after 6 months off.

F38588F0-1814-47C9-93DE-E51D8F073BA0.jpeg.690f581eff2a61e1248e0b991ebe68a0 (1).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Courtesy of @Mr. CIB. Also, I opened a lot of sealed Tengen games, so I'm assuming I have the coupon, although I don't remember specifically. Also maybe Tecmo. My brain has really rotted when it comes to this NES stuff after 6 months off.

F38588F0-1814-47C9-93DE-E51D8F073BA0.jpeg.690f581eff2a61e1248e0b991ebe68a0 (1).jpeg

Hey that’s my picture! 😉 

Heres the code on the bottom right as well.

I honestly consider this to be one of the rarest posters for the system, up there with the likes of Wacky Races, Kid Klown, and Cowboy Kid.

Milton Bradley also has another extremely rare poster for Jordan vs Bird.

Ive still yet to confirm if a poster exists for Abadox and Digger T Rock, but if there are then they’re my current holy grails. (The PAL version of Digger T Rock comes with a publisher generic Digger T Rock poster...)

5 of The other 6 MB games all have posters as well, but aren’t super rare. Cabal, Captain Skyhawk, Marble Madness, Time Lord.

Only World Games doesn’t have a poster and instead comes with the circle seal of quality, publisher generic poster. It may also come with the oval version but I’m still trying to unravel the mystery as to why this is the only game in the US NES library with Spanish text for its seal of quality.

P.S @Mr. CIB I think I have a second California Games poster for you. Let me know if you got any cool trades!

778DE4DD-6746-42F3-B420-C8C83CB16FEA.thumb.jpeg.8753c5da39ff7115ca7460f392514d9f.jpeg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Hey that’s my picture! 😉 

Heres the code on the bottom right as well.

I honestly consider this to be one of the rarest posters for the system, up there with the likes of Wacky Races, Kid Klown, and Cowboy Kid.

Milton Bradley also has another extremely rare poster for Jordan vs Bird.

Ive still yet to confirm if a poster exists for Abadox and Digger T Rock, but if there are then they’re my current holy grails. (The PAL version of Digger T Rock comes with a publisher generic Digger T Rock poster...)

5 of The other 6 MB games all have posters as well, but aren’t super rare. Cabal, Captain Skyhawk, Marble Madness, Time Lord.

Only World Games doesn’t have a poster and instead comes with the circle seal of quality, publisher generic poster. It may also come with the oval version but I’m still trying to unravel the mystery as to why this is the only game in the US NES library with Spanish text for its seal of quality.

P.S @Mr. CIB I think I have a second California Games poster for you. Let me know if you got any cool trades!

778DE4DD-6746-42F3-B420-C8C83CB16FEA.thumb.jpeg.8753c5da39ff7115ca7460f392514d9f.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Yes! This image comes from @ThePhleo Instagram where I first found out about it. More things keep coming out the woods but the list is going to be epic thanks to help from people in this thread.

Whoops! No offense meant. You're both my heroes. 🤣

6 minutes ago, austin532 said:

@DoctorEncore The coupon is in one of the Tengen catalogs IIRC.

Been itching to open another NES game but I want to open some for other systems right now. When I do get back to it, which should I open next?

$156k Left Bros. Obvi.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Thanks for the picture, never knew what it looked like.

14 hours ago, austin532 said:

There is a much harder to find California Games poster that's full size. It exists.

Do you mean the quick reference card?

Is there a $10 coupon? I thought it was $6?

No on wiz’s list for tecmo super bowl it lists a trifold card separate from the quick reference card which I’ve never seen before.

For the tengen coupon I’ll have to check the catalogue, I do have the separate $5 coupon though.

Edited by Goodvibes

3 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

@ThePhleo - with regards to California games that you have pictured, do we know if that’s the correct inserts? Curious as the Nintendo power insert is an earlier one so are we thinking that the game specific poster came from first prints?

The full size poster comes with the last print that has a star in the box code. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

The full size poster comes with the last print that has a star in the box code. 

So I can confirm I have two posters in two different (shitty) boxes.

00711 in gold ink, and 00416 in gold ink. Curiously, both manuals in these boxes are 00712. It's kinda driving me nuts since I don't have a 0041X manual 😕

My other two copies of California games do not have this poster, but their flap codes are 90213 in black ink (90214 manual), and 91026 in grey ink (no manual)

Both of my spare manuals for this game are also 90214.

Edit: Oh, and all boxes have Oval TM seals.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

Well, that explains why that seller at the expo had a random California Games poster in a sandwich baggie with a $30 price tag on it. It also makes me happy I bought it.

Here's the result for your registration card code:

Your code [ Kon-nes-us-4 ] could be from the following items:

Konami Advert from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
"Contents Are Not Intended For Mature Audiences" Advert from Tiny Toon Adventures Cartoon Workshop