IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

@the_wizard_666

Just opened my copy. It came with the SOF-4K-US Fish Dude poster and the "smooth" bottom label cartridge variant. Inserts are identical.

In a case of perfect timing, here's also a sold CIB that if you look *really* closely includes the generic SOF-[NOCODE] "Dragon Fighter" poster and it includes the "Marble" bottom label cartridge variant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393597739680

Are you saying the inserts in your copy are identical to the one currently on our list?  If so, I will just add the info for which cartridge variant came with those contents.

As for the eBay auction, it looks like the other poster came with the other cartridge variant, but we would need someone to open a sealed one to confirm that before that variant was ever added to the list...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Darker one. If you need a photo I’ll take one.

No need for a photo, as I know exactly which one you mean now.  the lighter one looks marbled, for lack of a better term, and the darker one almost looks like a rock formation, so when you said "smooth" I had a wtf moment.  But we're all good now... 🙂

On 10/19/2021 at 10:23 PM, ThePhleo said:
Battleship
image.png.3154d8a96e9c915d5f508519f498fba3.png
Publisher Mindscape
Developer Mindscape (NES)
Release Date September 1993
Item Description
Box -USA, Oval ®, 30708
Cartridge -USA, Oval ®, NES-USA/CAN-1 (07)
Manual -USA, Oval ®, No Ⓣ, ST 30708
Poster None
Mail Card None
Nintendo Power GP-NES-USA
Document NES-USA/CAN-1
Dust Sleeve Black, Textured
Plastic Bag Standard, Large Hole
Spacer Standard White Styrofoam
Seal Cellophane H-Seam
Circuit Board TBD
PRG TBD
CHR TBD
CIC TBD
HC161 TBD

Tecmo Cup Soccer Game
image.png.d4658bab97d98c2ada1a1fe0f0502bea.png
Publisher Tecmo
Developer Tecmo
Release Date September 1992
Item Description
Box -USA, Oval ®, 20709
Cartridge -USA, Oval ®, NES-USA/CAN (00)
Manual -USA, Oval ®, Ⓣ, No Date
Poster TEC-NES-US-3, Oval ®
Mail Card None
Nintendo Power GP-NES-USA
Document NES-DOC-USA
Dust Sleeve Black, Textured
Plastic Bag Standard, Small Hole
Spacer Standard White
Seal Cellophane, H-Seam
Circuit Board TBD
PRG TBD
CHR TBD
CIC TBD

Catching up on old posts, but I love this detailed format. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I am curious if everyone would want to chip in on cheaper or damaged sealed games then maybe we can do a raffle for the people who contributed and the winner gets to keep the game?

I have a candidate:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133628066118

Looks to have water damage of sorts but I could be wrong. Seller had it at $325 but it didn’t sell and been sitting on there for a while. I’m sure we could chip it down a  bit more also.

Maybe if we do a minimum donate amount and get a bunch of us we can add a few to the list?

I would definitely like to do it with some people if so, I won’t be a huge contributor currently but could definitely throw $20-40 towards this.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:52 PM, Goodvibes said:

So I am curious if everyone would want to chip in on cheaper or damaged sealed games then maybe we can do a raffle for the people who contributed and the winner gets to keep the game?

I have a candidate:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133628066118

Looks to have water damage of sorts but I could be wrong. Seller had it at $325 but it didn’t sell and been sitting on there for a while. I’m sure we could chip it down a  bit more also.

Maybe if we do a minimum donate amount and get a bunch of us we can add a few to the list?

I would definitely like to do it with some people if so, I won’t be a huge contributor currently but could definitely throw $20-40 towards this.

Yeah I'd definitely contribute to any title not already on the list; if you decide to actually go through with this, you can count me in 🙂

We only need like two more games to hit 400 unique titles... soooo  close.....

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah I'd definitely contribute to any title not already on the list; if you decide to actually go through with this, you can count me in 🙂

We only need like two more games to hit 400 unique titles... soooo  close.....

Sounds like a plan! So that’s two so far, I would imagine we will get a few others without issue then the raffle would be a fun spin to get us to at least the 400 mark if we all agree upon that.

I'm not putting any more money towards NES stuff at the moment. If I ever finish my current sets, you may be able to convince me. Sadly, I've found that almost all of these eBay sellers think their shitty, beat-up copy is worth its weight in gold and will happily sit on a crazy price for years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm not putting any more money towards NES stuff at the moment. If I ever finish my current sets, you may be able to convince me. Sadly, I've found that almost all of these eBay sellers think their shitty, beat-up copy is worth its weight in gold and will happily sit on a crazy price for years.

And this is why the crash or bubble burst that has been predicted/prayed for over years will not happen. Things may go flat but that’s about it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

And this is why the crash or bubble burst that has been predicted/prayed for over years will not happen. Things may go flat but that’s about it

Both very true, even the lowest end nes games are in the $30-50 cib ranges and 100% correct with these sellers seeing other auctions of crazy overpriced copies of that same game and think their torn box with crusty cart is the same as a still wrapped mint cib game. Just a sad set of affairs for nes among most Nintendo these days.

In other words help me find my dang remaining nes inserts already people lol 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Two new entries, confirmed from factory sealed copies by Trifecta in this thread here:
If he's okay with me using this info, I'll update the List on gamefaqs next week.

Conquest of the Crystal Palace

Box: NES-7M USA (00929)

Cart: NES-7M-USA

Manual: NES-7M-USA (00929)

Poster: ASM-7M-US

Registration Card: No code

Nintendo Power advert: PMG-USA

Smooth Black Dust Cover

Flintstones, The: The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy

Box: NES-5Z-USA (11214)

Cart: NES-5Z-USA

Manual: NES-5Z-USA (11216)

Poster: TAI-5Z-US

Registration Card: TAI-5Z-US

Seizure Warning Sheet: NES-DOC-USA

Nintendo Power insert: PMG-USA-1

Textured Black Dust Sleeve

• Like 2

Well, it finally happened: we've hit 400 unique NES titles listed with their full contents.  That feels like the ceremonial halfway point to me, and I almost can't believe that there are now more titles on this list than not on it.

The file has been updated on gamefaqs (a link can be found in the first post of this thread), and I want to once again extend my deepest thanks for all who have made contributions to this project over the years.  Specifically, I'd like to thank @DoctorEncore, @austin532, and @Trifecta, as their many contributions in the last five or so years really helped to keep this project alive after it seemed like the last flickering light had gone out.  Thanks guys!  And here's a preemptive thank you to anyone who decides to contribute to this list in the future...  😛

TLDR: The list on Gamefaqs is up to date as of this post - August 5, 2022

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I could finish the list but none of the stuff is “absolutely verified” from factory sealed copies, except for like 20 not published yet, I think I can share those ones.

I’m pretty much ready to share v2 my list too since I’ve began working on v3 about a year ago.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I could finish the list but none of the stuff is “absolutely verified” from factory sealed copies, except for like 20 not published yet, I think I can share those ones.

I’m pretty much ready to share v2 my list too since I’ve began working on v3 about a year ago.

Yeah, that's the cool thing: between this project and yours, it pretty much gives us 99% of the picture for NES inserts, at least as far as each individual title goes.  Figuring out exactly how many insert combo variants there are for all the multi-print-run games would really complete the picture, though.

21 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I’m interested in any list ya share. :)

15 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, that's the cool thing: between this project and yours, it pretty much gives us 99% of the picture for NES inserts, at least as far as each individual title goes.  Figuring out exactly how many insert combo variants there are for all the multi-print-run games would really complete the picture, though.

I’ve started the long journey of opening all my games and variants, taking pictures of the boards and attempting to match them up with print runs and building out suspected inserts. 

• 3 months later...

Pasting these here so I can keep track of them for a future update:

Zanac (Round Seal)
     - Cartridge (NES-ZA-USA)
     - Box (NES-ZA-USA)
     - Manual (NES-ZA-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Q*bert (Round Seal)
     - Cartridge (NES-QB-USA)
     - Box (NES-QB-USA)
     - Manual (NES-QB-USA)
     - Ultra Advert/Poster (ULT-NES-US)
     - Ultra Games Registration Card (ULT-NES-US-1)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-PT-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm working on that. I'm trying to collect a copy of every print variant of every NES game to document how many runs each game had. I've already identified a few games that are way undervalued for how uncommon they are, I just need more data before I build a mobile application to search them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, Code Monkey said:

I'm working on that. I'm trying to collect a copy of every print variant of every NES game to document how many runs each game had. I've already identified a few games that are way undervalued for how uncommon they are, I just need more data before I build a mobile application to search them.

Hey Code Monkey, since I am going down the rabbit hole with ya, do you have a lot of duplicate manuals? I have a bunch that maybe we can help each other out by trading if you are attempting to collect them all like me. Or were you just more interested in collecting the data than have one of each item?