IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Adventure of Dino Riki

BeaIank

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

The game does continue to get harder and harder as you go along, even when it "resets" back to 1-1. As far as this contest goes, technically it'd be a way to max the score even, and to do so with little (basically no) risk. 

This game is too lazy to even have a real ending. Some motivation that is.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Member · Posted
42 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This game is too lazy to even have a real ending. Some motivation that is.

Not a functional flaw, just a setback in luxury.  Reward is you get to keep playing!

This pic sux but..

..Rikis   X   Icon  changes at some point after 9   ...  Kinda looked like a sword...

icon life number.png

43 minutes ago, PII said:

Not a functional flaw, just a setback in luxury.  Reward is you get to keep playing!

This pic sux but..

..Rikis   X   Icon  changes at some point after 9   ...  Kinda looked like a sword...

icon life number.png

I don't know if I'd call that a reward. If I actually finished it, I'd probably be willing to stop at that point.

6 hours ago, PII said:

This is not a 1-Life run Pic., but the continuation of my most recent run until I ran out of lives at the end of the 3rd Level of the 4th Play-through.  Finally busted 2mil.

2,040,370.png

Wow! I'd still be satisfied if I made it through one loop.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finally made it through one loop. That's not something I want to try again anytime soon.

Damn, I was just starting to flirt with your 227k score. Surpassing you and dick was my goal for the week. Dick is right - you are a dirty liar! Nice job completing it. Is it a 1 loop max or did you keep going?

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Damn, I was just starting to flirt with your 227k score. Surpassing you and dick was my goal for the week. Dick is right - you are a dirty liar! Nice job completing it. Is it a 1 loop max or did you keep going?

I didn't do it on 1 life, I just wanted to play through the game, so my score is still the same. I just looped it and stopped there. Level 4-3 gave me a lot of trouble. Luckily 4-4 wasn't as bad and I was able to get through it.

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't do it on 1 life, I just wanted to play through the game, so my score is still the same. I just looped it and stopped there. Level 4-3 gave me a lot of trouble. Luckily 4-4 wasn't as bad and I was able to get through it.

4-3 is the hardest for sure, especially in a 1-life playthrough. Realistically if you've made it to that point you've probably gone the rest of the game without doing any real platforming, and they force it on you right from the get-go on 4-3, with no wings available prior. I could see that first jump being a run-killer for a lot of people, if more people made it that far.

Administrator · Posted
53 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

You're doing really well, keep it up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

4-3 is the hardest for sure, especially in a 1-life playthrough. Realistically if you've made it to that point you've probably gone the rest of the game without doing any real platforming, and they force it on you right from the get-go on 4-3, with no wings available prior. I could see that first jump being a run-killer for a lot of people, if more people made it that far.

It would likely take me quite a few playthroughs to be able to clear 4-3 on 1 life, but I'd have to be able to get that far on 1 life first and I don't see that happening this week.

Member · Posted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:
2 hours ago, Gloves said:

It would likely take me quite a few playthroughs to be able to clear 4-3 on 1 life, but I'd have to be able to get that far on 1 life first and I don't see that happening this week.

M.A.W.J..png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Wait…. Why the fuck was surpassing me me your goal this week? 
That said. You better get gud fucker. I have a better score than your garbage 192k bullshit score. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Quit trying to beat me. I'm done for the week and I need the leaderboard points.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Welcome, welcome!
      For this week, we have a classic of all ages to define the winner of the Shoot 'em up genre for 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest.
      @Dr. Morbis leads the shooter scoreboard with 26 points, but @docile tapeworm comes in 2nd with 21 points, with the possibility to claim the title. @bertsampsonand @NESfiend also stand a chance for taking the title with 20 points each,
      The rules for this week are below:
      1 player only Play until Game Over Highest score wins Shoot them up!

The contest ends Sunday, 10/31/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome, welcome!
      This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!
      Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii
      To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:
      Player 1p only Play till game over You are not allowed to use continues. You ended 4th? TOUGH LUCK! You are done for. You can't name your character NES in order to start with $5000 before race 1. Take your picture at the highscore screen The player with the highest amount of points win Genre: Racing Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome, players!
      Be prepared, for this week you will have to rely on your fists, feet, knifes and machine guns to make through P.O.W.!
      This week will decide who will claim the crown to the Beat 'em up genre, proving they are the best bare hand fighter at VGS!
      @mbd39 currently leads the Beat 'em up scoreboard, with 23 points. Right behind him we have @NESfiend with 22 points, Krunch is creeping really close to both of them with 21 points.
      The three of them are the only ones with a chance to claim the title!
      So, without further ado, here's the rules
      Play until Game Over No point racking If you score less than 20,000 points, be ready to take your picture at the Game Over screen (it doesn’t stay up long) If you score more than 20,000 points, start a new game to get your score Each extra life remaining after beating the game adds 5000 points to your score. Highest score wins GENRE: Beat ‘Em Up
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/10/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to another deciding round of our VGS NES Weekly Contest!
      This week will decide who will claim the title of best arcade player of 2021!

Right now @Dr. Morbisleads with 25 points, followed by @Jeevan with 23 points and @mbd39 with 21 points. @NESfiend with 18 points isn't completely out of the race!
      To decide the Arcade genre winner, we will be playing THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!
      The rules are simple:
      Pick 1 player mode Play till game over or till you beat the game Take your picture at the title screen. Your score will be showing at 1P and at Hi Highest score wins Participation: 10,000 points Genre: Arcade Have a good, fair fight lads.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/03/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Ladies and gentlemen, we are BACK with the last round of games of our beloved VGS NES Weekly Contest!
      To decide who will wear the laurels and claim the fame of being the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest Sports champion, we have one epic game of brutal action, where basketball meets street brawling!
      ARE YOU READY FOR Nekketsu Street Basketball?
      The rules are below:
      Pick battle mode (2nd option in the game) Pick 1P mode Pick Nekketsu as your team (first team in the screen) Pick US Navy as your opponent (second team in the screen) Pick the VEGAS stage to play on (second stage to the left, with the slot machines icon) Take your picture at the end of the match. Highest score difference for the Nekketsu team wins Participation: Beat the second team
      @0xDEAFC0DEhas a very comfortable 4 points lead over @NESfiend, who is the only who can challenge him for the Sports title this year.
      For Nesfiend to win, he needs to win this week and hope @0xDEAFC0DE doesn't score over 6th place, since he will be tied on most wins, but loses on the 2nd tie breaker, most 2nd places.
      Will he be able to pull such a miracle to claim the crown? Time will tell!
      The contest ends Sunday, 09/26/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun