IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Adventure of Dino Riki

BeaIank

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

The game does continue to get harder and harder as you go along, even when it "resets" back to 1-1. As far as this contest goes, technically it'd be a way to max the score even, and to do so with little (basically no) risk. 

This game is too lazy to even have a real ending. Some motivation that is.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

42 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This game is too lazy to even have a real ending. Some motivation that is.

Not a functional flaw, just a setback in luxury.  Reward is you get to keep playing!

This pic sux but..

..Rikis   X   Icon  changes at some point after 9   ...  Kinda looked like a sword...

icon life number.png

43 minutes ago, PII said:

Not a functional flaw, just a setback in luxury.  Reward is you get to keep playing!

This pic sux but..

..Rikis   X   Icon  changes at some point after 9   ...  Kinda looked like a sword...

icon life number.png

I don't know if I'd call that a reward. If I actually finished it, I'd probably be willing to stop at that point.

6 hours ago, PII said:

This is not a 1-Life run Pic., but the continuation of my most recent run until I ran out of lives at the end of the 3rd Level of the 4th Play-through.  Finally busted 2mil.

2,040,370.png

Wow! I'd still be satisfied if I made it through one loop.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finally made it through one loop. That's not something I want to try again anytime soon.

Damn, I was just starting to flirt with your 227k score. Surpassing you and dick was my goal for the week. Dick is right - you are a dirty liar! Nice job completing it. Is it a 1 loop max or did you keep going?

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Damn, I was just starting to flirt with your 227k score. Surpassing you and dick was my goal for the week. Dick is right - you are a dirty liar! Nice job completing it. Is it a 1 loop max or did you keep going?

I didn't do it on 1 life, I just wanted to play through the game, so my score is still the same. I just looped it and stopped there. Level 4-3 gave me a lot of trouble. Luckily 4-4 wasn't as bad and I was able to get through it.

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't do it on 1 life, I just wanted to play through the game, so my score is still the same. I just looped it and stopped there. Level 4-3 gave me a lot of trouble. Luckily 4-4 wasn't as bad and I was able to get through it.

4-3 is the hardest for sure, especially in a 1-life playthrough. Realistically if you've made it to that point you've probably gone the rest of the game without doing any real platforming, and they force it on you right from the get-go on 4-3, with no wings available prior. I could see that first jump being a run-killer for a lot of people, if more people made it that far.

Administrator · Posted
53 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

You're doing really well, keep it up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

4-3 is the hardest for sure, especially in a 1-life playthrough. Realistically if you've made it to that point you've probably gone the rest of the game without doing any real platforming, and they force it on you right from the get-go on 4-3, with no wings available prior. I could see that first jump being a run-killer for a lot of people, if more people made it that far.

It would likely take me quite a few playthroughs to be able to clear 4-3 on 1 life, but I'd have to be able to get that far on 1 life first and I don't see that happening this week.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:
2 hours ago, Gloves said:

It would likely take me quite a few playthroughs to be able to clear 4-3 on 1 life, but I'd have to be able to get that far on 1 life first and I don't see that happening this week.

M.A.W.J..png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Wait…. Why the fuck was surpassing me me your goal this week? 
That said. You better get gud fucker. I have a better score than your garbage 192k bullshit score. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Quit trying to beat me. I'm done for the week and I need the leaderboard points.