IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Adventure of Dino Riki

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
27 minutes ago, PII said:

...Almost forgot, the one undeniable flaw this game has is the ability for Riki to get stuck on things like Walls and Rocks etc.  Bad way to get shot up or scrolled off the screen.

I consider this as him having trouble climbing over inconvenient obstacles. It's never really been an issue for me personally. Could be worse, e.g. many shrimps have you die immediately upon touching any such obstacle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

I consider this as him having trouble climbing over inconvenient obstacles.

I could entertain that as far as the rocks maybe eg. the rock has a cleft in which he is stuck, but the same problem results when Riki is pressed up against a smooth grey wall sticking out from the side in the desert levels and its suddenly impossible to move him left or right.  Its typically not hard to get out of, just back up a pinch and you're good again provided Riki hasn't been hit in the first moment or two.

It's never really been an issue for me personally.

Similar here, its very rarely a problem for me, but I had one run this week where Riki became completely stuck, unable to move in any direction and he got scrolled off screen for a death.  It was really weird and I've never seen that happen before in the many times I've played.

Could be worse, e.g. many shrimps have you die immediately upon touching any such obstacle.

Here's a terrifying thought:  Dino Riki Contest - 1 Life / No Wings / w/reprogrammed Silver Surfer Style No Touch Obstacles everywhere.

I would totally play that game!

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

How did I forget to rub it in that I topped @docile tapewormin a shooter? And it was one he likes and I had never played? And he even said in the thread he was going to put the time in? Called it a gem? 

Story of the week and I let it slip away in pre pro am excitement 

it is a proud moment for you to top such a phenomenal player as myself. bah! i only played it like 5 times i had birthday parties to attend!

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Here's the one time I beat Skinny at a shooter. http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview6eae.html?catid=31&threadid=174575

BTW, Dino Riki isn't really a shooter, it's "action."

Funny thing, looking at the lists on the leaderboard, Dino Riki should be under shooters, Battle City should be under action, and Galaga should be under arcade.  Go figure.

• The topic was unpinned