IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Adventure of Dino Riki

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome to the last round of the Action genre in the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest, which will define who will claim the title and bring it home!
For the Action genre run, we have @Dr. Morbis leading with 28 points, with @PII and @bertsampson tied in 2nd with 23 points. Finally @NESfiend and @mbd39are tied in 4th with 21 points. All of them have the chance to claim the title, despite the big lead Dr. Morbis sports.

The rules for this week are as follow:

• 1 life only
  • Once you die, take your picture death screen, which stays on for a very short time, or wait till you respawn, pause the game and take your picture
  • If you beat the final boss without dying, be quick to take a picture of him dying then pause the game when you respawn at 1-1
  • It is not allowed to point press at the boss door if you have flying. Once you reach the boss door, you have to go in.
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 5,000 points
  • Genre: Arcade

28_Dino_Riki_Sage.png.e14f24033ee98aea0a

Best of luck, gentlemen and gentlewomen.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/17/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

Events Team · Posted
1st PII 1,020,610
2nd bertsampson 669,390
3rd Dr. Morbis 457,080
4th NESfiend 379,440
5th docile tapeworm 337,520
6th Richardhead 230,630
7th Bearcat-Doug 227,510
8th mbd39 168,200
9th CasualCart 45,460
10th JamesRobot 42,580
11th Krunch 21,750
12th the_wizard_666 11,150
13th 0xDEAFC0DE 7,330

Looks like I'm gonna have to really give'er this week 😉

SCORE EDIT #1 - Finally got a chance to play this a bit.  Hopefully I'll get a little more time on the weekend, 189,240:

SCORE EDIT #2 - This should be enough to lock up a Top 5 finish, 457,080:

DR 3.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's basically a glorified shooter disguised as a caveman action game.  It does get very hard in places, but it's more to do with the jumping aspect than anything else...

This might actually be a good game without the jumping. Im just glad that I hit the participation score.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I can't argue that.  It's too bad I have to actually try this week to win the genre.  If I could just throw up a participation score, I'd have done it already during halftime of the Packers game...

That's what I did. I want to see if the Bengals can actually win this.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Same here. I don't remember ever having that much trouble with any other game.

I struggled with getting participation in RC Pro-Am. And struggled mightily with Bomberman before Bea lowered the participation requirement.

I actually loathe the original Bomberman on NES.