IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Cool. Good to know. Maybe they told me in the game, I probably wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, update, Saved the girl whom I named "Girl" (and the boy as "Boy") who was kidnapped by a vampire and shoved into a coffin within a dungeon, but shortly after we get to another town and meet up with a sage by the name of Cibba, the bad guys attack, and the Girl gets taken again, this time by someone I knew and apparently trusted. Seems she has the same issue that Princess Toadstool has. Liking the game so far.

45 minutes ago, empire said:

Links Awakening on Switch, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I think the graphics look great even for a babby lookin game.

I was a little leary when I was seeing the trailers for the game.  So glad I picked it up anyways.  I really enjoyed playing through it and the dungeons were challenging.

• Like 1

Just started Mystic Quest Legend (french version of Mystic Quest) for the SNES. Typing out all of the dialogue in the game into notepad for future studying (I do this now with most games I play that have a lot of conversation). Just arrived at le Donjon d'Os (bone dungeon) with Tristan, current level 7, play time 43 minutes. I got in the mood for this game after trying out Final Fantasy Adventure. Always loved Mystic Quest, the characters, the simplicity and ease of the gameplay, and the music, memorable stuff.

Went back to Final Fantasy Adventure. Made it to an airship where Girl is supposedly held, taken by I forget his name. Anyway, the game pulled a cheap one on me, the moment I got to one of the screens an enemy was waiting right there, I was stoned and then mogged, instant death without even being able to do anything. And the companions in this game are nearly worthless for backup, they just walk around aimlessly attacking air, never seen morons like these before in a game.

4 hours ago, empire said:

Links Awakening on Switch, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I think the graphics look great even for a babby lookin game.

Heh, and we bitched about this the whole damn time since it was announced and then got ahold of it and its all like "oh hey this is actually pretty cool" but I too can admit I was wrong as probably within a few minutes I was well over the plastic look of it and was enjoying it quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Mystic Quest Legend en français. Entering Tour Focale. I'm at level 10, time so far 1:51.

You know, not really any RPGs in french on the NES, best it has to offer is Shadowgate, which is a good one, but with SNES, while many still have only been fan translated, still there are a handful at least that were localized such as the Actraiser games, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time (Illusion of Gaia), Terranigma (which I did play for a bit some time ago, going to have to start over though because it has been too long), oh, Zelda A Link to the Past, and Secret of Mana, at least those, not really RPGs in the classic sense, but close enough, exploration, lots of NPCs and dialogue. Did some time ago try some fan translations for 7th Saga, Brain Lord and Breath of Fire, non of which I ever even played before that, but only a few hours for each, would probably have to start over since it's been a while. It's nice to have games translated to the target language that weren't originally, but there are some issues throughout, lots of errors be it wrong word(s) used, some words not translated, and spelling errors as well as sometimes gibberish that while I was playing them and typing out all the text I found myself learning through correcting them, at least I know enough to know when something don't look right. I liked Brain Lord, felt similar to Enix's overhead adventures like Soul Blazer. But if I play too many games at once my chances of finishing them would be slim, as is I started several GBC/GBA Zelda games and still have yet to get back to them because I put more focus in Link's Awakening, and then started Final Fantasy Adventure (not in french) and found I enjoyed that enough to keep playing, but then started up Mystic Quest. See, too many big games going on at once. One of them has to get finished, then maybe hit up Soul Blazer afterward, or something else.

Final Fantasy Adventure. Long time ago I would have wandered for hours, days if I had to, stumped and irritated but would have eventually figured out whatever clue or riddle that had me perplexed, repeatedly trying the many different things or even the same things over and over and wondering what I was doing wrong and then some to figure out how to do something, nowadays, I lack the patience, "Palm trees and an 8"... Gamefaqs'd it... wow, really, good one... I had to do this to make a cave entrance show that will lead me to Medusa. At level 20 now and getting ready to look for Medusa so that I can make her cry, or something... I need her tears.

32 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

Final Fantasy Adventure. Long time ago I would have wandered for hours, days if I had to, stumped and irritated but would have eventually figured out whatever clue or riddle that had me perplexed, repeatedly trying the many different things or even the same things over and over and wondering what I was doing wrong and then some to figure out how to do something, nowadays, I lack the patience, "Palm trees and an 8"... Gamefaqs'd it... wow, really, good one... I had to do this to make a cave entrance show that will lead me to Medusa. At level 20 now and getting ready to look for Medusa so that I can make her cry, or something... I need her tears.

In the days before the internets that riddle had me stumped for days!

Mystic Quest Legend. Entering Pyramide Glacée. Currently my level is at 15, and been playing so far for 3:38. I really missed this game, still one of my favorite RPGs. I like it the same as I like the first Dragon Warrior, because it is lite, keeps to the basics, does them well, plus it adds some simple interactive puzzles.

Tales of Phantasia for the SNES fan translated to french. So far 53 minutes into it, I'm at level 6 and just got to Euclid to try to find my Oncle. Combat is quite different from other RPGs, but so far not difficult. Sad drama unfolded shortly into starting, more tragic a start that most, might be interesting to keep playing.

Mystic Quest Legend. Playing for 5:30, current level 17, just arrived in Feubourg. Unlike previous areas while I was in the pyramide glacée I decided not to worry about killing every enemy that stood awaiting me, typically I do, but since the moment I leave and everything resets, it's not like I couldn't come back later to deal out some more pain. My hero, or in this case pretending he is a she and me, is all alone, certainly not good to go up against the unknown without some backup.

I don't remember who joins back up with me soon. Let's see, there's Kaéli (Miss Battleaxe I nickname her), Tristan, and Phébé... anyone else? Anyway these are the three I always remembered. Looks it up... Rubicon... Reuben... I totally still don't remember this dude. Guess I'll get a refresher soon enough.

Couldn't wait, got him. Okay, so I sorta remember him, well his weapon choice anyway. Dude is powerful, at least for the battlefields that I skipped over on the way to Feubourg so cleared those out super easy with him, and still up to the mine, taking out most enemies with a single blow. Well, now at 6:04, level 19 and just entered the Minia mine. Good place to stop.

Picked up Shining Force for the first time in many years. One of my favorite games of all-time, but it's tough to sledge through with little kids lol. I made it to chapter 2, though!

Shining Force III (all three scenarios) took me nearly 18 months with one kid, now I have two, so let's see how it goes...

I usually have several going at once. Currently working on:

Chrono Trigger for the umpteenth time,

trying to get through Wind Waker for then first time (not loving it like I thought I would, tbh),

working on getting the Platinum 🏆 for Wolfenstein: The New Order,

blazing through my first Switch game, The Longest Five Minutes (interesting concept, but kinda disappointing overall),

and for some reason I've been trying to beat Super Thunder Blade on the Genesis. It's not really much fun, but I feel like it's beatable if I could just stop screwing up, and that compells me to keep trying. Why do I torture myself?

Events Team · Posted

After sailing my ass around the globe for a couple of months at Uncharted Waters (NES), I felt recently that I had enough of loading and unloading cargo for money, fame and women (those waitresses at the inn love famous sailors' company). Yesterday I decided that Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Grey Wolf is going to be my principal late evening time wasting device. Started the 'Conquest of the Mongols' scenario playing the Mongols, and got my sorry self whooped after about 5-6 turns by the first war campaign launch against my homeland...

But I'm determined to restart a quest tonight, and my thirst for conquering the world is stronger than ever.

Tried out Bahamut Lagoon for about an hour and a half. It failed to pull me in, but to give it a fair chance I did finish up the first chapter. The game is too slow, everything, and it lacks excitement, I guess it is supposed to be exciting what with it being so far linear and very heavily story driven, but the characters nor dragons were enticing enough to make me care. I started typing out all of the dialogue as I played as I was playing this in french, fan translation, but being incomplete (beta 4) some of it was sort of a mess with text not stopping in their proper place in the dialogue window, too many things were still in japanese, and the game has a few areas where the background became sorta scrambled. When it comes to games like these because they are so long, if they don't pull me in right away, well, even if I were to try to endure them longer, it feels like a lot of time wasted for me if it still fails to capture me.