IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Events Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, osg said:

Really, it depends on the flags. There's a lot of possible combinations to play around with. There are some pretty easy combinations, though, and you can knock a game out darn quick if you chose to go that way.

eta: I'm talking about FF4FE, I have no experience with the other one, Lunarian Project or whatever

Well well well, look who's here posting and all dandy. Very glad to see you around Phil, and that FF4FE looks very interesting, I didn't know this was a thing (and there's a Zelda one too?).

I'll need to procrastinate on this whenever I'm supposed to work on the computer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

(and there's a Zelda one too?)

Yeah, word. https://sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/

There's a lot of randomizers out there now. I also like, but haven't been playing much of, the Zelda 2 randomizer, FF1, Dragon Warrior.... I guess programmers don't have to work hard and have an extremely large amount of free time to make trivial bullshit for us? It's probably true.

Also hi.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, osg said:

There's a lot of randomizers out there now. I also like, but haven't been playing much of, the Zelda 2 randomizer, FF1, Dragon Warrior.... I guess programmers don't have to work hard and have an extremely large amount of free time to make trivial bullshit for us? It's probably true.

Also hi.

It seems that they have the time to care about poor lads like us that are stuck playing through LoZ for the 47th times, without necessarily giving it a new meaning.

2 hours ago, osg said:

They did do a ALTTP and Super Metroid crossover randomizer if you ever feel like getting lost for hours on end.

Been playing a lot of Rocket League recently. When my daughter is around, she likes to watch me play Super Mario Bros. so I've been trying to beat Tonkachi Mario. I think it might be the very first Super Mario Bros. ROM Hack ever released. The creators used a Famicom Disk System along with Tonkachi Editor, which is essentially a hex editor, to create it.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:46 PM, Gloves said:

Mostly Runescape right now. Minit on the commute.

Oldschool? Over the years, I've definitely sunk more hours into Runescape than I have all other games combined.. probably three-fold. 

I've been replaying Skyrim lately. Been a fan since Morrowind but never played all the way through Skyrim.

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, Alder said:

Oldschool? Over the years, I've definitely sunk more hours into Runescape than I have all other games combined.. probably three-fold. 

I've been replaying Skyrim lately. Been a fan since Morrowind but never played all the way through Skyrim.

Oldschool, yeah. I put 100+ days into RS back in the day; started over on the same account (they reset our stats for OSRS) as an Ultimate Iron Man. I've been having fun with it, especially doing the quests all over from scratch. RS really has some of the best quest design in gaming tbh.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:20 PM, Gloves said:

Oldschool, yeah. I put 100+ days into RS back in the day; started over on the same account (they reset our stats for OSRS) as an Ultimate Iron Man. I've been having fun with it, especially doing the quests all over from scratch. RS really has some of the best quest design in gaming tbh.

Nice! I did almost the same thing. Logged like 400 days though maxing my first account back in the day. Of course a lot of that was killing time chatting with friends. Ironman mode got me to play again. Started with uim on day 1 and had a blast. Left off somewhere around 190 qp (mep2 was... fun) and got to be the first player to 70 construction, then jumped over to rs3 iron and maxed minus 120 slayer. Every quest on there was guideless. The hardest ones were the 03-04 quests, like legends and tai bwo wannai trio, since they were riddle based.

6 hours ago, SoleGoose said:

Does Ni No Kuni have mandatory voice acting? I assume it does, but figured that I'd check before crossing it off entirely.

It seems to. I don't know if you knew this, but they invented a way to turn volume up and down where if you don't want to hear something, you don't have to. It's an amazing invention. Lol!

In all seriousness, why would that be the nail in the coffin for you? I'm really enjoying the game.

Edited by Fleck586

2 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

It seems to. I don't know if you knew this, but they invented a way to turn volume up and down where if you don't want to hear something, you don't have to. It's an amazing invention. Lol!

In all seriousness, why would that be the nail in the coffin for you? I'm really enjoying the game.

A personal preference, I don't like talkies, I just want to sit and read at my leisure. Besides putting the voices in my head (like movies do to books), they also rush you along. No stopping if someone comes into the room, no taking your time to figure out what they mean. The problem with the volume thing is that if main parts of the story are voice only, you miss things. I'm trying to get into them, really I am (starting with Eternal Blue a couple of weeks ago), but it's tough to sit through. There are too many other games I could find to enjoy if I'm not going to enjoy a central element of a game's design. That list gets somewhat harder with modern consoles, which is why I ask ahead of time before wasting the money. Even with the DS there is a large pile that I'm afraid I will never get to due to picking up any and every RPG I could find.

Shoot, Ni No Kuni has been translated for the DS, forgot about that! Done.

1 hour ago, SoleGoose said:

A personal preference, I don't like talkies, I just want to sit and read at my leisure. Besides putting the voices in my head (like movies do to books), they also rush you along. No stopping if someone comes into the room, no taking your time to figure out what they mean. The problem with the volume thing is that if main parts of the story are voice only, you miss things. I'm trying to get into them, really I am (starting with Eternal Blue a couple of weeks ago), but it's tough to sit through. There are too many other games I could find to enjoy if I'm not going to enjoy a central element of a game's design. That list gets somewhat harder with modern consoles, which is why I ask ahead of time before wasting the money. Even with the DS there is a large pile that I'm afraid I will never get to due to picking up any and every RPG I could find.

Shoot, Ni No Kuni has been translated for the DS, forgot about that! Done.

I totally get that. Actually one of my frustrations with the game is that sometimes a the characters speak faster than I can actually read. I can't always understand that fairies' accent

Edited by Fleck586

16 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

How are you liking it? After New Vegas I have high hopes for this title.

I'm playing Minit and trying out ZombiU. Minit is fantastic. ZombiU might get out down pretty quickly.  Very gimmicky with the gamepad stuff.

It's pretty good especially if your anywhere close to a fan of NV but I am really enjoying the interactions with the NPCs and such as I've been pulled in so many ways over different situations and at times I get to the point I think I can just resolve shit by just taking out some one, then I'll hear another side or two of the story and end up rethinking the whole thing, there are a lot of funny moments as well and some of the shit you can come off with and the reactions can be comical. Like there is a character in a space station just doing his job and just by his tone you can sense he is not liking it but pretty much has to so I was giving him hell every chance I got just to get him to admit there are better things he could be doing.  There are companions as well and each one (found 3 so far) have their own personality and history, goals that keep things a bit interesting aside doing your thing. Perks is pretty interesting but there is also what is called flaws you can gain as well and gets a bit funny how you can obtain them if you want them like falling off shit too much, getting too many hits and causing a concussion, fear of robots and such. 

But yeah I think its well worth checking out from what I seen its not all that long of a game like near 40ish hours and I have already sunk maybe 20ish in and I don't think I am barely into the main quest yet so I can see this lasting way longer than it was claimed. 

Edited by MuNKeY
  • Like 1