IGNORED

Actors who you think should have been (bigger) stars?

G-type

3 hours ago, fox said:

@RH

Brendan Fraser messed up his body bad making those mummy movies.

He is great as Robotman in Doom Patrol.  He isn’t in the suit, but does the voice and appears in flashback/dreams

Brendan Fraser's temporary fall from stardom apparently had to do with him being sexually assaulted by some director at a party and not being willing to play along.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Agreed.  I knew him best from Necessary Roughness, but he has had other roles where he killed it.

I thought he was awesome in Quantum Leap and I thought he was a pretty good Star Trek captain.  I will say I tried to watch that Criminal Whatever Louisiana and I couldn’t even make it through the intro.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

He was in twister?  The only thing I remember from that movie is Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt tying themselves to a pipe with a leather belt.  Oh, and the little transmitters getting sucked out of the back of the truck.

And I'll level with you - I never saw Days of Thunder until I was in college, so for me that movie was more like a NASCAR-branded version of Top Gun by the time I saw it, rather than something of its own.  Cary Elwes makes a great antagonist though.

He was the "bad guy" in Twister.

My nomination would be John Murray (one of Bill Murray's brothers).   Was hilarious in Moving Violations and then never popped up in anything else that I saw.

44 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Eric Roberts, interesting actor who's been in mostly crap.

There was a point where he was accepting just about any role put in front of him, which is why he was in stuff like "A Talking Cat." A couple friends of mine who work on low budget film projects nearly landed him for a role in something (fell through on their end.)

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

He's had a relatively succesful comedy career in the UK.

15 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

He was massively successful in the UK prior to his role in House.

He was also starting to make inroads in American media. He was the dad in the two Stuart Little movies, and was in the remake of Flight of the Phoenix (he was on the set of that when he auditioned for House.)

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 11:27 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Black Adder

Or a little eponymous show called "A bit of Fry and Laurie"...

EDIT: and for something more recent and more serious in tone -- everyone who even remotely likes Tom HIddleston should watch The Night Manager.  Hugh Laurie is an excellent "Bond villain".

Edited by arch_8ngel

13 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Eric Roberts, interesting actor who's been in mostly crap.

I call Eric Roberts the "Second* hardest working man in the business", because he shows up all over the place.

My guess is that Mr. Roberts is someone who just likes acting, which is why he says yes to crap like "It's a Talking Cat"

*Who is the hardest working man in the business? James Hong.  Seriously, that guy shows up *EVERYWHERE*.  Most will know him as Lo Pan in "Big Trouble in Little China", but he's been out there doing character work since the mid 50's.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Radagast said:

Guy Pearce. He has done so many good roles such as:

Memento

LA Confidential

The Time Machine

The Count of Monte Cristo

A Christmas Carol

The Proposition

Ravenous

Lawless

Brimstone

Animal Kingdom

Lockout

Prometheus

This is a confusing one, Guy Pearce is huge. Or maybe I just see more news about him being in Australia?

• Like 1