IGNORED

Game Debate #53: Splatoon

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

• Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XV

I love the creative angle that Nintendo chose to play on this one and I think it works. I played about 50 hours of it and then about another 50 hours of the sequel and I certainly enjoyed my time.

That said, being a mostly online-only competitive multiplayer game, it has some of its own baggage to contend with that keeps it from being an "evergreen" sort of title. Even so, I think the cleverness of Nintendo's design work goes a long way toward taking some of the frustration out of more traditional games in this genre.

A for effort, B for execution and C for long-term appeal.

• Like 1

It’s a nice little addition to the Nintendo pantheon, kudos to them for making a new IP and have it be successful so fast. I’ve recently gotten into other online shooters and they sort of blow Splatoon out of the water in terms of getting that competitive dopamine hit, but I still enjoy firing up Splatoon 2 every now and then.

Not something I ever thought I'd like but I gave it a shot and I was hooked. Splatoon 2 is better in every way but the original is still ridiculously fun and I still go back to it's single player campaign sometimes for fun. I spent many hours in that game. It's just hard to deny the sheer fun of it so I gave it a 9.

Oh and I voted for ffxv for next week simply because I want to doo-doo all over it 😈

Edited by AstralSoul
  • Like 1

9/10... a cool shooter with a very neat premise that worked very well in my opinion. As usual with Nintendo though, the online was kind of borked and ranked was mainly high level Japanese players creating unbearable lag. I definitely would have played 1 and 2 a lot more if I had a few more friends interested in playing online ranked.

Administrator · Posted

I gave it a 5.  It is well produced and there is nothing 'wrong' with it, per se, but I just got bored of it really quickly.  I played a few rounds multiplayer and it was fun for what it was, but I don't know, I just didn't quite get the addiction a lot of others had with it.  It's a decent game, just not really for me I guess.

• The title was changed to Game Debate #52: Splatoon
  • The title was changed to Game Debate #53: Splatoon