IGNORED

Movie Debate #61: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested in watching it.
    • No interest in watching it.

7/10 The weakest Indy movie.  It suffers from "what coulda/shoulda been" syndrome.  Everyone thought it could have been or should have been something other than what we got.  I didn't mind the alien stuff.  I wish the CGI would have been better on the chase sequence, and I would have dropped the terrible Tarzan swinging bit.  And OMG the internet would not shut up about "nuke the fridge".  I think that scene just broke everyone's brain and they just wouldn't let go of it.  But it's supposed to be fantastical, Indiana Jones is NOT a documentary, lol!

1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

7/10 The weakest Indy movie.  It suffers from "what coulda/shoulda been" syndrome.  Everyone thought it could have been or should have been something other than what we got.  I didn't mind the alien stuff.  I wish the CGI would have been better on the chase sequence, and I would have dropped the terrible Tarzan swinging bit.  And OMG the internet would not shut up about "nuke the fridge".  I think that scene just broke everyone's brain and they just wouldn't let go of it.  But it's supposed to be fantastical, Indiana Jones is NOT a documentary, lol!

Beyond ridiculous. Come on.

I have only seen this movie once, but it is the worst one of the 4 movies. I was very excited to watch this movie and I did like that they stayed true to the others with just about the same sound effects and music as the others. Other than that, it was just ok. I will try watching it sometime again, but yea... not a good movie at all.

It would likely have been better received if it had not been part of the series.  It had pretty high expectations because of the earlier movies that it could not meet.  

And unlike the Star Wars franchise the Raiders series didn't have a large universe (as it were) to pull from.  Basically no Indiana Jones (with Harrison Ford) no series (or not much of one anyway).  

I was split between 3 and 4 - went with 4.