IGNORED

31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day ?

AverageOliver98

brj1ir.png

I'm fairly certain that one of you knows what track THIS SONG inspired. If not, I think I might be disappointed in you. I'll reveal the answer tomorrow if no one gets it.

THE ANSWER:

Speaking of disappointment, if you were hoping for a 4th 31-Day VGMC for this summer, I'm sorry to say that the earliest that would probably happen would be in October or November of this year... unless you don't mind leaving the banners behind (then July would be no problem). 

Also feel free to start tossing out new day ideas.

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 23
On 3/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, AverageOliver98 said:

And seeing as its Day 20, time for the promised reminder for those falling behind (4 days or more, just a reminder. If you can't update, then you can't update): ... @0xDEAFC0DE ...

I finally caught back up! (Although I'll probably fall behind again until the weekend)

2 hours ago, AverageOliver98 said:

xi6xf5.png

Nothing really gets more chaotic then this.  

I unironically love Baby Park

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 24
On 2/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, AverageOliver98 said:

Day 31 - Your Best of "31-Day VGMC 3" List - Create a New List Using Songs from the Other Participants 

@AverageOliver98 How many tracks should we pick for this second list? And do we post them as a new comment/response to this thread? N00b here trying to understand the process. Apologies if this was covered somewhere and I somehow missed it

13 minutes ago, tigerwolf said:

@AverageOliver98 How many tracks should we pick for this second list? And do we post them as a new comment/response to this thread? N00b here trying to understand the process. Apologies if this was covered somewhere and I somehow missed it

We have generally done this two ways. Either pick one song per day (I've also added in honorable mentions when there are multiple I really like), or make a top X for each person. And it should be in a new post. But really you can interpret it however you want.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tigerwolf said:

What 0xDEAFC0DE said.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 25

2e3v1y.png
7 Grand Dad - *shrug*
CDi Freak - Decent(?) Rapper (Language Warning)
Smol Fox - Grand Dad Mania Revisited
AO98imon - Anyone here watch this show?
Gunner,Siiva - YouTube Channel in Question
Sans-mezy - Very Little Bubble Bobble Related Stuff 
RobbieMaster14 - The First Minute and That's All You Need
John Piidden - Thanks Fox

Maybe this should have been Internet Humor Day instead of Siivagunner Day, then something like THIS would have been usable (Instrumental version here).

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2021 at 8:27 PM, nesmaster14 said:

Day 24 (Sega) - Sega Bass Fishing (Dreamcast) - Huge Fish Music - This game has no business having this intense metal track, yet it does.  Long live Sega.

Wow thanks for introducing me to the Sega Bass Fishing soundtrack. I had no idea it was good. You know if the game is worth playing? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acromite53 said:

Wow thanks for introducing me to the Sega Bass Fishing soundtrack. I had no idea it was good. You know if the game is worth playing? 

I still need to get the fishing rod, but it's been on my to-play list for awhile.  It'd be nice if the gameplay was as good/fun as the soundtrack 🙂

Edited by nesmaster14

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 26
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 27
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 28
On 3/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, nesmaster14 said:

I still need to get the fishing rod, but it's been on my to-play list for awhile.  It'd be nice if the gameplay was as good/fun as the soundtrack 🙂

It's definitely worth your while, though the time to buy was several years ago when you could still get brand-new copies of it and Sega Marine Fishing together for under 20 bucks.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 29

idlzmh.png
ccbhu4.png

Spoiler

684glo.png

... just this once, don't tell @ZeldaFreak to turn around.

It is also time for another "please update your list(if you can)" reminder. In this case, for those who're behind 10 days or more. 

@Sumez @Aguy ZeldaFreak

Tomorrow will be the last round of the @'s (watch out all you non-daily updaters). After that, its time for Day 31 and talk about 31-Day VGMC 4... and if there should be one.

• Like 5

Events Team · Posted

To be clear, I will be finishing my list. I'm currently in Texas right now visiting my grandparents, so that's obviously been at the forefront of my attention for the past few days. I meant to more or less finish my list beforehand, but I just never got around to it. I may not be able to finish it today, as obviously I have a lot of days in my list to go through still, but I will 100% make sure that I do finish it sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge 3 - Day 30

Had a lot of fun putting together my list and listening to everyone else's.  Thanks to @AverageOliver98 for hosting and all the fun bumpers/comics.

Best of VGMC 3
@AverageOliver98
Zero Wing – Someone set us up the bomb.  The first meme ever. haha
Super Spy Hunter – Underrated, visually stunning, tough.
Hebereke – Sweet Sunsoft Sounds.

@Sumez
FF 6 intro - A truly epic intro
Shatterhand - There is a great bit of animation with the jacket flapping and all the monitors.  One of the coolest stage select screens ever.

@Aguy
Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap -
loved how the original sounded, remake take it to a new level
River City Girls - It’s the sythwave for me

@ZeldaFreak
Castlevania II
- Not familiar with the gameboy game but I must be missing out
God of War -
Powerful track for a powerful game

@nesmaster14
Sword Master – Ballin’.  I really should play this game.
Daytona USA – I wanna fry shy high!
Erik the Wiking – Really amazing getting bird and ocean sounds like that.

@sp1nz
Gauntlet IV – High adventure!  Didn’t know the genny could pull this off.
Sheep – Sounds like bumper music for Adult Swim.
Midnight Resistance – This game isn’t Contra but it still is freaking metal.

@AstralSoul
Sword of Mana – Wow.  Who knew you could get that kind of sound out of the GBA?
Extreme-G - Nice techno vibes

@rdrunner
Flashback – low key awesome
Advance Wars Black Hole Rising – War never rocked this hard.

@acromite53
Sesame Street – No clue David Wise did the music.  Good find!
Socket – Big Sonic energy from this track
Rad Raygun – Cool game made by mostly one person, hooray for SGC and free soundtracks.

@tigerwolf
Atmosfear – I was fascinated with the board game.  This fits the mood well.
Shovel Knight – gets me pumped every time

@0xDEAFC0DE
Mario Odyssey - Sounds like he is about to "Break On Thru To The Otherside."
Moonwalker – I could have sworn Thriller was in the game?  Alternate version?

@PII
Cool World – I used to have to watch a Let’s Play just to hear the music, glad the soundtrack is uploaded.
Bram Stroker’s Dracula – Good finds, never would have though this to have such a bomb tracks.

@koifish
Chrono Trigger – Consider yourself bombed.  I need to set my SNES Classic menu music to this.
Mario Party 2 – Palms were torn, we Mario Party hard!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

What an epic journey it's been.  Special thanks to @AverageOliver98 for creating this awesome series and event out of sharing game music.  The comic/narrative banners were super creative and I thoroughly enjoyed looking what you had in store for each day.  I had some great laughs, a few gasps, some ???'s, and overall a great time.  Bravo, sir!

Now, I look forward to checking out more tunes everyone's shared for the Day 31 list.  Lots of great stuff, hope folks who haven't had a chance to participate yet may get to in the future.  Cheers all

NESMASTER14's Selections from VGMC #3:

AverageOliver98 -

• Day 6 (Music You Like, Game You Don't): Odallus: The Dark Call - Aqueducts 1 - 2015
  • Day 7 (Rock): Sonic Adventure 2  - That's The Way I Like It (Metal Harbor) - 2001
  • Day 28 (Final Area): Super Paper Mario - Castle Bleck - 2007

fox - 

• Day 1: Soul Blade Intro - I dig the rockin' 80s/90s anime intro with vocals vibe, nice!
  • Day 23: Them's Fightin' Herds - Alpake Highlands (Paprika)
  • Day 24: Guardian Heroes - Jazzy Sabotage

Sumez - 

Aguy -

ZeldaFreak

sp1nz

AtralSoul

rdrunner - 

acromite53 - 

tigerwolf - 

0xDEAFC0DE -

PII - 

koifish - 

Blown away once again, kudos everyone for so much great tunes!!

Edited by nesmaster14
  • Like 4
  • Love 1