IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

On 11/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, Tulpa said:

People go nuts for In-n-Out. We have tons of them out here, but they're still filling up the drive-thru into the street.

They are pretty good burgers, though.

There are 3 burger places called "Smash Burger" (one of which is near me) - they are really good and a few people I have talked to that have had both claim that the Smash Burgers are better.  

There is another local chain of 3 burger places called Freddy's Hamburgers that I like - they make great shoestring french fries as well as pretty good burgers - but I like the Smash Burgers a bit more.

I doubt I am going to bother driving out to Aurora to specifically  try In and Out even when the mania has subsided.

9 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Yeah,hope the driver gets charged and sterilized. 

The hate towards cyclists really needs to stop.

This may have been just an  act of aggression against someone who happened to be on a bicycle (doesn't justify it in any case).  

The dislike (hate may be to strong a word) around here for them would likely be mitigated quite a bit if a sizeable chunk of them didn't act like buttheads on the road.

14 hours ago, Tulpa said:

That’s probably the device they used to imprison Joseph Smith.  Really hope they don’t accidentally set him free.  Bad stuff.

54 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

There are 3 burger places called "Smash Burger" (one of which is near me) - they are really good and a few people I have talked to that have had both claim that the Smash Burgers are better.  

There is another local chain of 3 burger places called Freddy's Hamburgers that I like - they make great shoestring french fries as well as pretty good burgers - but I like the Smash Burgers a bit more.

I doubt I am going to bother driving out to Aurora to specifically  try In and Out even when the mania has subsided.

Our local Smash Burger is very slow. 20 min wait when it was empty for a burger that wasn't all that great

If you are talking about Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, then I would take it over Smash Burger in a second. Unfortunately, it is not local to us at all.

They will be opening up the world's largest New Castle inl Orlando. I am curious to see what that will be like. I have only had frozen ones and Royal Castle. There is still one last Royal Castle left, but from my understanding, it is similar to New Castle. Check it out here:  https://burgerbeast.com/royal-castle/

As to the wait times. Call it what you want, but if it is good food, for some it is worth waiting! 🙂

2 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Our local Smash Burger is very slow. 20 min wait when it was empty for a burger that wasn't all that great

If you are talking about Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, then I would take it over Smash Burger in a second. Unfortunately, it is not local to us at all.

They will be opening up the world's largest New Castle inl Orlando. I am curious to see what that will be like. I have only had frozen ones and Royal Castle. There is still one last Royal Castle left, but from my understanding, it is similar to New Castle. Check it out here:  https://burgerbeast.com/royal-castle/

As to the wait times. Call it what you want, but if it is good food, for some it is worth waiting! 🙂

Didn't 't know those two were national.  I like Freddy's much more but still think Smash burgers are a bit better.  I am not going to turn my snout up at either of them - especially if you are buying!!!

Ted's Montana Grill makes a mean burger - but that is cut (as it were) above the more fast food oriented places.I I

I don't mind waiting for a meal - but 14 hours is a bit excessive.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:57 AM, Tabonga said:

Oh, there are better burger joints, but In-n-Out has an uncanny knack for fostering a cult about them. Not saying that it's rational, but I've been around them for twenty-five years. You're just seeing the beginning. Don't count on the mania subsiding anytime soon. Gooble gobble. 😛

Edited by Tulpa

34 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Oh, there are better burger joints, but In-n-Out has an uncanny knack for fostering a cult about them. Not saying that it's rational, but I've been around them for twenty-five years. You're just seeing the beginning. Don't count on the mania subsiding anytime soon. Gooble gobble. 😛

Reminds me of the Krispy Kreme mania of several years ago.

27 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I am not sure the name change is that much better!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fugging-hell-tired-mockery-austrian-181403205.html

heh, here's an actual picture of the village. Apparently the signs are now "theft-resistant"

According to the Austrian daily Die Presse, the villagers, known as Fuckingers, "have had enough of visitors and their bad jokes."

Seems to me like they should capitalize on it rather than get all worked-up, but that's just my opinion 🙂

800px-City_limit_sign_of_Fucking,_Austria.jpg

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

heh, here's an actual picture of the village. Apparently the signs are now "theft-resistant"

According to the Austrian daily Die Presse, the villagers, known as Fuckingers, "have had enough of visitors and their bad jokes."

Seems to me like they should capitalize on it rather than get all worked-up, but that's just my opinion 🙂

800px-City_limit_sign_of_Fucking,_Austria.jpg

I worked in the dock area of a warehouse one summer - we unloaded trucks and railroad cars- the railroad cars would often have signs on them that said "DO NOT HUMP" - which referred to the practice of hooking cars up too fast - which would cause the passive car to jump - which played havoc with the contents therein.

Rest assured that no cars left with the signs still on them - they were highly  prized trophies. 

3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

One night some people decided to go there, remove it, and who knows what they're planning to do with it. Probably trying to get some money out of it somehow. Maybe sell it to a museum, or private collector. But at any rate, I'm 0% surprised this happened.

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

One night some people decided to go there, remove it, and who knows what they're planning to do with it. Probably trying to get some money out of it somehow. Maybe sell it to a museum, or private collector. But at any rate, I'm 0% surprised this happened.

I thought I read that it had been cemented in (I could be wrong) -which means they would have had to drag some equipment in to uproot it - a jack hammer and generator at the very least - I suppose one  could have hauled it in with one of those all terrain vehicles and a couple of trailers.

463754625_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0117-01-40.png.76229bbd20132ebf220395586a63b472.png

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/hunter-shot-death-being-mistaken-130919526.html

The guy who was shot was not wearing the typical orange colored vest, and most likely this was an accident. But the first rule they teach you is "identify your target before shooting" - clearly that was not the case here and accident or not the other hunter is at fault.

48 minutes ago, avatar! said:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/hunter-shot-death-being-mistaken-130919526.html

The guy who was shot was not wearing the typical orange colored vest, and most likely this was an accident. But the first rule they teach you is "identify your target before shooting" - clearly that was not the case here and accident or not the other hunter is at fault.

Our deer season was the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Due to the unusually warm weather, the deer weren't really moving around the way they normally would, so after two days of no luck, I tried a new spot.  When I was about to setup, I saw some orange off in the distance in a tree on the other side of our property line.  It was the neighbor setup in a tree stand that I didn't know about.  So I picked up and moved off to a different location.  If it wasn't for that orange, I never would have seen him.  Safety is so important while hunting.  Obviously wearing orange is key, but knowing what's beyond your target is also super important.  I tend to setup in an area that puts me above my target, whether that's a tree stand or just setting up on the top of a hill.  That way, if I happen to miss my target, my slug is going straight into the ground.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Hmmm, I'm not judging anyone... but I have to say, his name IS Alice Sweet - I'm going to guess he was teased/bullied as a kid, and perhaps watched a bit too much Texas Chainsaw Massacre 👾

47 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Hmmm, I'm not judging anyone... but I have to say, his name IS Alice Sweet - I'm going to guess he was teased/bullied as a kid, and perhaps watched a bit too much Texas Chainsaw Massacre 👾

He was carted off for a mental health evaluation - which doesn't surprise me.  

9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Glad he didn't hurt anyone, and definitely mental health issues here!

During my freshman year of college there was another freshman who was skinny as a rail and over 7 feet tall.  He dressed all in black and loved to lurch out from the shadows at people walking on campus late at night.

I worked my work study in the media center which was located in the library.  One day I heard a commotion at the circulation desk and came out from the back and the cat was upset at one of the librarians (who was short - maybe 4'6") and had jumped on top of the circulation counter while acting pretty aggressively.   I grabbed a mic stand I was going to take to a classroom and told him to get off the counter and leave (not very politely) or his knees were going to be in a world of  hurt.  I was in good shape (coming off a summer of construction work) and had a very solid body build at the time.  He wisely decided he didn't want any part of the scene since I was not a frail target  he could intimidate and he left.  He vanished after the fall semester.  One seriously strange dude.  

1607064623_Screenshotfrom2020-12-1701-26-10.thumb.png.d8f0c55bb49d827d74d6be4308b79680.png

Belgian authorities’ suspicions were initially aroused in 2019 when he told authorities he had found 14,154 Roman coins by chance while cleaning up an orchard he had recently bought. Under Belgian law, owners who make such chance finds are entitled to at least part of them. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/16/french-customs-seize-priceless-haul-roman-coins-artefacts-man/

I mean, seriously, just 14,154 ancient Roman coins roused the suspicions of the authorities? Is there no trust these days...