IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

Fly: 1

Man: 0

https://www.insider.com/french-man-accidentally-blew-up-house-while-chasing-fly-2020-9

Armed with an electric swatter, the man — who is in his 80s — chased the insect around his home...What he didn't know at the time, though, was that there was a gas leak in his home. The reaction between the gas and the swatter caused an explosion that collapsed past of his ceiling, according to the report. The man suffered a minor burn to his hand and his home is uninhabitable, Sud Ouest reported. The fate of the housefly is unknown at this time.

Screenshot from 2020-09-07 18-08-40.png

Edited by avatar!

44 minutes ago, avatar! said:

As crazy as that story is, if he was unaware of a gas leak while he was in his house (I assume poor sense of smell?), that house was going to blow up regardless of whether or not he was using an electric fly swatter.  It was just a matter of time until something else did it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

As crazy as that story is, if he was unaware of a gas leak while he was in his house (I assume poor sense of smell?), that house was going to blow up regardless of whether or not he was using an electric fly swatter.  It was just a matter of time until something else did it.  

Yeah fortunately he is okay, and because he is okay (sorry for the damage to his house) and the way the whole thing happened... well, it is amusing. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, Psychobear85 said:

Gender revel party’s  are stupid, but you know what’s more stupid then gender revel party, people that set a massive fire doing it 

I wouldn't call this stupid but it's really sad that the creator of the gender parties (I didn't even know just one person started it) seems to think for whatever reason she should somehow blame herself or something for this.

No, no, no, no, no NO.  She is not in anyway shape or form responsible for any of these idiots who took celebrations (of any kind) too far in dangerous sorts of ways.  Accidentally (I hope it was by accident) starting a wildfire or some other disastrous result can happen in any kind of celebration and the one or ones involved in it are responsible...not the creator of the gender reveal parties or anyone else!

There's nothing wrong with gender reveal parties or any other kind of celebration in of itself.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/video/news/goat-police-car-headbutt-officer-georgia-b404958.html?fbclid=IwAR24dLExvpOIunKgCZyQi37Sy0DwS7-VZ3JXwJ_A20LERcloov1-yc4XIo4

Goat climbs into police car, eats paperwork, headbutts officer

‘Oh s**t, he’s eating the paperwork’

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Estil said:

I wouldn't call this stupid but it's really sad that the creator of the gender parties (I didn't even know just one person started it) seems to think for whatever reason she should somehow blame herself or something for this.

No, no, no, no, no NO.  She is not in anyway shape or form responsible for any of these idiots who took celebrations (of any kind) too far in dangerous sorts of ways.  Accidentally (I hope it was by accident) starting a wildfire or some other disastrous result can happen in any kind of celebration and the one or ones involved in it are responsible...not the creator of the gender reveal parties or anyone else!

There's nothing wrong with gender reveal parties or any other kind of celebration in of itself.  

I agree. It's not the celebration that is stupid, it's the people. 

I wonder if the USA has such stupid laws in place as well?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/french-pensioners-left-homeless-squatters-132657312.html

Under French law, second homeowners have 48 hours after squatters move in to prove the property belongs to them, and that the intruders broke in and have occupied the premises ever since.

Failing that, a far lengthier legal procedure ensues. Owners who take the law into their own hands risk harsher sentences than the squatters - up to three years in prison and €30,000 (£27,000) fine whereas squatters risk a lighter €15,000 fine for illegal occupation of a property. 

After some detective work, local authorities reportedly discovered that the unidentified occupying family were far from homeless but actually owned a house in the Paris area, which they left after a dispute with neighbours.

“They’re not homeless but thugs who breach basic laws,” he told Le Figaro, adding that they may have received help from “traffickers”.

Screenshot from 2020-09-08 21-25-36.png

4 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I wonder if the USA has such stupid laws in place as well?

There's definitely such a thing as squatters rights in the U.S. and self help remedies such as changing the locks, breaking in, or threatening / harassment comes with charges.

I believe the legal term is "Adverse Possession"

My great-grandfather owned a small 8 unit apartment complex in Florida. I remember as a child hearing that he had to legally evict someone who broke into one of his apartments.

12 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

There's definitely such a thing as squatters rights in the U.S. and self help remedies such as changing the locks, breaking in, or threatening / harassment comes with charges.

I believe the legal term is "Adverse Possession"

My great-grandfather owned a small 8 unit apartment complex in Florida. I remember as a child hearing that he had to legally evict someone who broke into one of his apartments.

Heh, California of course. Poor woman scammed by squatters back in 2018. I wasn't able to find out what happened, but I'm guessing she had to pay thousands out of pocket to evict these free-loading lying scums. You know, if I ever decide to be a free-loading scumbag, I'm heading to Cali 🙂 

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/10/13/squatters-takeover-of-torrance-home-illustrates-landlord-frustrations-with-state-law/

In California, squatters can claim legal title to someone else’s property through an arcane legal procedure known as “adverse possession.”

The law, enacted in 1872, originally was meant for abandoned rural properties that had gone fallow. In modern times, it’s mostly cited when there is a dispute over property lines. However, squatters can use it to gain possession of an empty home or vacant parcel by paying property taxes on time for five years and making improvements to the property.

Kevin Gordon, a Torrance attorney hired by Oye-Marquez, has filed a forcible detainer in Los Angeles County Superior Court against the squatters, alleging they’re living in the home without permission.

“They have got to move out,” he said, estimating it could take three months to evict them if they fight the detainer.  “The law is pretty clear who the actual owner is.”

The worst-case scenario is that a squatter gets a free attorney, either through legal aid or on contingency, Fountain said.

“That free attorney will demand depositions, written discovery, jury trial — all the expensive mechanisms of litigation,” she said. “There are no such resources for property owners — they have to pay their attorneys, usually between $300 and $400 an hour.  So, it’s easy for the squatter to force them to waive a money judgment and give them lots of free time in the place in exchange for eventually leaving, because it’s still far cheaper than paying for litigation.

“Many people think this sounds like extortion, but it’s legal.”

Edited by avatar!

When life imitates art?

https://nypost.com/2020/09/22/instagram-model-who-poses-as-catwoman-jailed-for-masked-robberies/

She also tried breaking into a House of Fruit convenience store and the nearby Le Parisien Café — and also reportedly took part in a break-in at the Stanley Street Café, where $300 and a credit card were swiped, according to the report. Agostino was reported to have used the card to buy $11.55 worth of food at a McDonald’s.

Screenshot from 2020-09-22 23-57-18.png

On 9/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, avatar! said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/15/nyregion/columbia-marching-band-shutdown.html

I wonder how common this is across universities? 

Screenshot from 2020-09-16 12-26-24.png

I bet the Pride of the Yankees must be spinning in his grave right now (pardon the cliche).  Seriously what is so wrong with having a marching band?  All these radical leftist/SJW types do is ruin everyone's fun 😞 

7 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Vehicles  have cameras and rearview mirrors for a reason!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/driver-flees-crashing-pumps-causing-205113802.html

haha! yup, I saw that. They caught the ass, or at least they have his identity but as far as I can tell he has not been publicly identified.  Probably a minor, which in the USA means you can do shit and get away with it. Still, what was he seriously thinking? Wouldn't be surprised if he has no insurance etc.