IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

For those of us who regularly use/deal with game consoles, computers, and other electronic equipment, does anyone want to guess how STUPID and insane (you know, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results) the lady in the first story is?

Edited by Estil
  • Love 1

On 2/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, avatar! said:

You are wrong. I can't speak for the fake snowers, but yes some (truly misguided) people really believe the Earth is flat

Interesting that they posed that main guy as the "founder" and stated the movement started in 2015.  It didn't.  Back in 1999, my buddies and I found the "Flat Earth Society" and a guy based in Australia was saying the earth was flat.  They had all of the material you see hear.

Joining as a card carrying member was rather cheap ($20/year, IIRC) and we were actually planning on joining just for kicks.  However, when we got the applications and started filling them out, there was a lot of legal making you claim you'd never denounce or speak ill of the flat-Earth movement.  We bailed not wanting to be a part of that but definitely, these people really do believe the Earth is flat.

Screenshot-from-2021-03-02-16-33-45.png

https://thetakeout.com/australian-men-stranded-in-ocean-on-air-mattress-while-1846388723

Jackson Perry and Noah Palmer had taken the air mattress and a cooler full of beer into the water in front of Palmer’s oceanside house...As the wind carried them two-and-a-half miles out into the Indian Ocean, the pair noticed they were gradually sinking, due to the fact the mattress was full of pinholes. To stay afloat, Palmer jumped off the mattress every few minutes and reinflated it manually while the duo waited for help to arrive.

“definitely check the wind forecast before anything,” but expressed no regrets about his death-defying adventure into the briny blue expanse. “Other than that, we had a pretty good time.”

On 2/26/2021 at 9:37 PM, Estil said:

For those of us who regularly use/deal with game consoles, computers, and other electronic equipment, does anyone want to guess how STUPID and insane (you know, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results) the lady in the first story is?

Not stupid, genius. Sounds like she found a cool way to slack off.

51 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Screenshot-from-2021-03-02-16-33-45.png

https://thetakeout.com/australian-men-stranded-in-ocean-on-air-mattress-while-1846388723

Jackson Perry and Noah Palmer had taken the air mattress and a cooler full of beer into the water in front of Palmer’s oceanside house...As the wind carried them two-and-a-half miles out into the Indian Ocean, the pair noticed they were gradually sinking, due to the fact the mattress was full of pinholes. To stay afloat, Palmer jumped off the mattress every few minutes and reinflated it manually while the duo waited for help to arrive.

“definitely check the wind forecast before anything,” but expressed no regrets about his death-defying adventure into the briny blue expanse. “Other than that, we had a pretty good time.”

The only thing missing from this story is a Rum Ham.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sg17 said:

Not stupid, genius. Sounds like she found a cool way to slack off.

Oh yeah?  Is it worth getting fired and/or having to pay for all that equipment?  And what is she like towards her own equpiment?

You take care of your tools, your tools will take care of you.  You know my elementary school librarian back in the day often mentioned how one day a carpenter forgot (or in this case broke) his tools and he got fired? 😛 

Edited by Estil

18 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh yeah?  Is it worth getting fired and/or having to pay for all that equipment?  And what is she like towards her own equpiment?

You take care of your tools, your tools will take care of you.  You know my elementary school librarian back in the day often mentioned how one day a carpenter forgot (or in this case broke) his tools and he got fired? 😛 

Oh, you posted some 15 minute video... yeah, didn't have the patience to watch all that. Maybe, a short summary would be better 🙂 

6 hours ago, Estil said:

Sometimes for some people getting fired is the goal 😁

TIL there exists a websites where you can buy virtual land for real money (I don't to pollute the boards with a link, you can google it). What you do with this land? Sell it to others, of course. No blockchain or anything, just one company controlling the initial "supply", to which you send your real to money, get virtual money "pegged to the usd", and use it to buy "land". It seems to be extremely hard to pull your funds from the system. Some youtubers are pumping these "investments".  The company running this is also doing referral promotions and give (virtual) dividends for the land you own, so essentially the money in the system isn't backed by real money. People are actually comparing this to crypto.

My brain hurts.

36 minutes ago, sg17 said:

TIL there exists a websites where you can buy virtual land for real money (I don't to pollute the boards with a link, you can google it). What you do with this land? Sell it to others, of course. No blockchain or anything, just one company controlling the initial "supply", to which you send your real to money, get virtual money "pegged to the usd", and use it to buy "land". It seems to be extremely hard to pull your funds from the system. Some youtubers are pumping these "investments".  The company running this is also doing referral promotions and give (virtual) dividends for the land you own, so essentially the money in the system isn't backed by real money. People are actually comparing this to crypto.

My brain hurts.

• Haha 1

WTF?

https://www.9news.com/article/news/crime/i-225-gridlocked-racing-reported/73-4f970cfb-86bf-452b-8eef-b44e9d5781ef

The Denver Metro area has enough problems with traffic - the snarls that occur when one of the freeways gets closed under normal circumstances can be pretty amazing. And then these asshats do this - someone has watched Fast and Furious too often.

2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

WTF?

https://www.9news.com/article/news/crime/i-225-gridlocked-racing-reported/73-4f970cfb-86bf-452b-8eef-b44e9d5781ef

The Denver Metro area has enough problems with traffic - the snarls that occur when one of the freeways gets closed under normal circumstances can be pretty amazing. And then these asshats do this - someone has watched Fast and Furious too often.

That's a pretty common tactic with those illegal street races. They get a huge group together so they basically own a section of road to race on. When the cops come, they scatter in every direction, causing chaos. The cops might nab a couple, but the sheer numbers ensure most of them (and the ringleaders) get away. Unless the cops descend on them with the National Guard, it's almost impossible to catch all of them.

Edited by Tulpa

4 hours ago, Tulpa said:

That's a pretty common tactic with those illegal street races. They get a huge group together so they basically own a section of road to race on. When the cops come, they scatter in every direction, causing chaos. The cops might nab a couple, but the  numbers ensure most of them (and the ringleaders) get away. Unless the cops descend on them with the National Guard, it's almost impossible to catch all of them.

In this case they had blocked off the access points with parked cars. I would think that impounding (and likely seizing them thereafter since Colorado has seriously flawed forfeiture laws) a slew of those vehicles would put a damper on future events.  

And a helicopter  (even a drone) overhead could have netted more vehicle plates to do something with.

You don't have to nab every vehicle - just enough that it is known that  it can (and will) happen would likely put a damper on things.

Edited by Tabonga

6 hours ago, Tabonga said:

WTF?

Usually I think restraint is the best choice of action, but in this case, I'm thinking a few tanks could clear the area quite well... or if not tanks, at least a few Monster Trucks 😄

6 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Usually I think restraint is the best choice of action, but in this case, I'm thinking a few tanks could clear the area quite well... or if not tanks, at least a few Monster Trucks 😄

Or one of these:

2138479579_download(9).jpeg.6d2e589fa2e6e18870733e87554b67c6.jpeg

This is a home made tank (made from a bulldozer) that a guy used to demolish about 1/2 the town of Grandby in 2004.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

In this case they had blocked off the access points with parked cars. I would think that impounding (and likely seizing them thereafter since Colorado has seriously flawed forfeiture laws) a slew of those vehicles would put a damper on future events.  

And a helicopter  (even a drone) overhead could have netted more vehicle plates to do something with.

You don't have to nab every vehicle - just enough that it is known that  it can (and will) happen would likely put a damper on things.

They tend to keep an eye out for any police approach, and when police do show up, everyone bugs out so fast with little regard for safety.

They also tend to not give a shit if some of their numbers are caught. They'll just recruit more. Half of them probably already have suspended licenses. They are a seriously nihilistic group of SOBs.

Edited by Tulpa

25 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

They tend to keep an eye out for any police approach, and when police do show up, everyone bugs out so fast with little regard for safety.

They also tend to not give a shit if some of their numbers are caught. They'll just recruit more. Half of them probably already have suspended licenses. They are a seriously nihilistic group of SOBs.

It is no clear how long they were there - but it had to take some time to assemble the estimated 600- 800 vehicles involved.

The idea would be to go after any vehicles involved - focusing on obviously high value ones - rather than the drivers.  Colorado has some strange law where law enforcement can serve the vehicles notice rather than the driver/owner.  So all you need is the license plate # and proof that it was there and it can be seized at any point in time (assuming you can find it).  Enough idiots lose their wheels (insurance generally doesn't provide coverage in these circumstances) and it will be noticed by other idiots.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Enough idiots lose their wheels (insurance generally doesn't provide coverage in these circumstances) and it will be noticed by other idiots.

Don't hold your breath. They keep racing even when people crash their cars and die. Someone else's car getting impounded won't be a deterrent.

Seriously, they had a race several years back where someone lost their life. The same group were doing another one the very next month.

It's that dumb "it'll never happen to me" mentality. You can't break it.

Edited by Tulpa

Escaped prisoner caught after trying to buy Call of Duty: 'Idiotic decision'

https://www.yahoo.com/now/escaped-prisoner-caught-trying-buy-193741476.html

An escaped prisoner in Birmingham, England has been recaptured after he came out of hiding to buy Call of Duty.

So, the "idiotic decision" is to leave hiding, or to purchase Call of Duty??

5 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Probably the most Californian headline ever

Wow... you just can't make this up!

The Medical Board of California in a statement Friday said it would look into the incident saying it “expects physicians to follow the standard of care when treating their patients.”

Hopefully that "standard of care" excludes the following while operating on a patient: cooking, dancing, smoking, eating, drinking, sleeping, going to traffic court...

Edited by avatar!

Porsche driver filmed and taunted 4 police officers as they lay dying on the highway at a crash scene

https://www.insider.com/man-pleads-guilting-to-filming-dying-police-officers-crash-scene-2021-3

Last year, Richard Pusey, a mortgage broker from Melbourne, was driving his Porsche on a highway when four officers pulled him over for speeding. As the officers were arresting Pusey, a passing truck driver veered into the lane and plowed into their cars on the side of the road...Pusey, 42, had been standing away from the officers. Before fleeing, he pulled out his phone and filmed the officers, some of whom were pinned under the truck, for more than three minutes..."Amazing. Absolutely amazing," he said, according to the Australian Associated Press. "All I wanted to do was go home and eat my sushi, and now you have f---ed my f---ing car."

Some people in my opinion are worth nothing more than being fertilizer, this utter shite is one of them. I think the world would be better without this sociopath...

Horrible assault on an Uber driver! Hope these entitled craptures get what's coming to them!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/malaysia-king-arrested-charged-with-assault-for-coughing-on-pepper-spraying-sf-uber-driver

Malaysia King was arrested in Las Vegas and charged with assault with a caustic chemical, assault and battery, conspiracy, and violation of a health and safety code. Arna Kimlai, also wanted in connection with the incident, has indicated via legal counsel that she intends to turn herself in.