IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

Wow... I didn't know that could happen!

Authorities say a window the singer was climbing into fatally slammed down on him.

“He was destined to be GREAT, beyond great at that, I know his close friends will ensure his music lives on,” wrote his wife, Patricia Duarte. “All he wanted in life was to make it with his music so his kids didn’t ever have to worry.”

I do feel sorry for him, but at the same time, did he really have to resort to burglary? Maybe he felt there was no other option? Or maybe he was a piece of excrement... not for us to judge, is it? Personally, I would like to think there is always an alternative to robbery, but I wasn't in his shoes - RIP

Edited by avatar!

I am not gonna quote you - not that you aren't quote worthy but I don't want to risk opening that up again.

Anyway the guy apparently had a long history of breaking and entering and was at one point arrested in a murder investigation.

He went under the name Taz UFO.

I find it somewhat disheartening that his family/friends  don't seem to acknowledge that just maybe  what he was up to was wrong - in fact the wife finds the death suspicious and wants an investigation - which sounds to be like she could maybe want to sue the property owner.

--------------------------------------------------------------

There are lots of stories of burglars getting stuck in chimneys - many of whom die.  There was a case of that not to far from my old house in a vacant business where the body was not found till a few years later.  Miserable way to die in any event since it would take several days to die.

Edited by Tabonga

2 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

There are lots of stories of burglars getting stuck in chimneys - many of whom die.  There was a case of that not to far from my old house in a vacant business where the body was not found till a few years later.  Miserable way to die in any event since it would take several days to die.

I thought, and I'm not an expert on this, that chimney death was usually due to asphyxiation. In which case, it would be fairly painless. Not that that is the ideal way to go or anything!

13 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I thought, and I'm not an expert on this, that chimney death was usually due to asphyxiation. In which case, it would be fairly painless. Not that that is the ideal way to go or anything!

That would (quick asphyxiation) likely only occur if the fireplace were being used - most gas fireplaces don't have a traditional chimney to the roof - just a vent pipe.  Only a traditional wood fireplace typically has a chimney large enough for someone to try to shimmy down. Although that could happen in a gas conversion one - those (as far as I know) don't have timed thermostats and typically are for aesthetic purposes rather than heating so a person turning it on would likely hear said burglar  screaming for help.

I think there is a limit to how long you can hang upside down safely - and if your ribcage was constricted you might asphyxiate between that and panic - but it likely wouldn't be all that quick since your lungs would sorta be working.  

If you were stuck upright in a vacant building you would maybe die from dehydration.

-----------------------

We do have such pleasant discussions in this thread!

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't make this stuff up!

Screenshot-from-2021-01-18-17-46-49.png

https://www.insider.com/oregon-man-stole-car-with-child-in-backseat-scolds-mom-2021-1

The thief happened to walk by and hopped in the car...He soon realized the 4-year-old was in the back seat and pulled back into the parking lot, returning the child to the mother — but not without scolding her, according to Beaverton police. "He actually lectured the mother for leaving the child in the car and threatened to call the police on her,"

• Like 2

Screenshot-from-2021-01-23-19-44-58.png

...authorities accuse 19-year-old Tre Brown of cashing in on more than 40 fake refunds using several credit cards. Brown allegedly made the transactions, which ranged from $75 to over $87,000...Brown reportedly spent stolen funds on two cars, weapons, clothing, shoes, and other items. It's unclear how much of the money, which totaled $980,00, he spent on these various items. According to the police, the teen reportedly totaled a Chevrolet Camaro he had purchased before his arrest.

I really wonder what went through his mind? "I got away with $75? Next up, $50,000!"

Holy freakin' heck 😮

Screenshot-from-2021-01-26-17-17-03.png

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/trending/4-teen-girls-charged-walmart-stabbing-death-15-year-old-girl-streamed-facebook-live/QTAQM5N3LVC6ZCOEKWM3DC4PM4/

The sheriff said Sunday that the Facebook Live video of the killing helped detectives easily solve the case... “We just stabbed that (expletive). We don’t give a (expletive),” the girl with the cellphone says into the camera. “We just stabbed that (expletive) in her heart.” In a separate video segment shot as they were riding in the getaway car, a couple of the girls appear to disparage the victim. As they talk, they munch on Popsicles.

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

"Let's walk around threateningly with deadly weapons!"

"Where"

"Tennessee, the United States of America"

??????? How were both of them not killed.

Seriously, it's amazing what people will do to get attention...

Honestly, I think the second "prankster" should be charged with a slew of crimes, including manslaughter.

• 2 weeks later...

2 women dressed as 'grannies' to get COVID-19 vaccine, Florida officials say

https://abcnews.go.com/US/women-20s-dressed-grannies-covid-19-vaccine-florida/story?id=75984671

Two women disguised themselves as "grannies" in a failed attempt to get a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, Florida health officials said...The women showed up to the Orange County Convention Center wearing bonnets, gloves and glasses -- "the whole thing," Pino said...The sheriff's office identified the women as Olga Monroy-Ramirez, 44, and Martha Vivian Monroy, 34.

Pathetic.

Just when you thought "people can't be that dumb" ... allow me to present

Screenshot-from-2021-02-22-16-25-51.png

https://www.insider.com/fake-texas-snow-not-melting-tiktok-conspiracy-theory-2021-2

As power returns to homes in Texas after a rare winter storm, TikTok is full of videos spreading the bogus claim that the snow is fake and was engineered by the government...One video with the hashtag claimed that if President Donald Trump were still in office, it would be spring.

Can't make this shite up!

Editorials Team · Posted

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

https://www.insider.com/fake-texas-snow-not-melting-tiktok-conspiracy-theory-2021-2

As power returns to homes in Texas after a rare winter storm, TikTok is full of videos spreading the bogus claim that the snow is fake and was engineered by the government...One video with the hashtag claimed that if President Donald Trump were still in office, it would be spring.

That's what the "chemtrails" have been doing this whole time!

Paging galacticlint

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 3:35 PM, avatar! said:

They probably DID make it up just to get attention...of course no one REALLY thinks the snow was fake, any more than those Flat Earthers REALLY think the Earth is flat.  In both cases these were just jokes to get people riled up.

3 hours ago, Estil said:

They probably DID make it up just to get attention...of course no one REALLY thinks the snow was fake, any more than those Flat Earthers REALLY think the Earth is flat.  In both cases these were just jokes to get people riled up.

You are wrong. I can't speak for the fake snowers, but yes some (truly misguided) people really believe the Earth is flat