IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

8 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Karma sometimes moves quickly:

https://www.drewreportsnews.com/2020/10/29/giovanni-barajas-fatally-took-the-life-of-michelle-weissman-before-losing-his-own/

While I do feel sorry for the bicyclist in this case I think the main perpetrator got what he deserved - hopefully the driver will face some serious time for this sad situation.

That's absolutely horrible.

Karma... I feel just karma would be if the bicyclist was uninjured and this asshole of a human had his genitalia removed via road rash. This reminds me of those young pieces of shite that threw rocks off an overpass and killed a person. They were out for blood, and they got it, and their defence "it was a prank". I think laws need to be changed for pieces of excrement are tried as adults. Oh, and they should be sterilized too.

51 minutes ago, avatar! said:

In the early years of the park the geysers were often used as laundry machines.   The people would stick their dirty clothes on a geyser with some soap.  When the geyser would erupt it would steam clean the laundry in a most efficient manner.  You couldn't do it with woolen clothes for obvious reasons but it apparently worked well with other fabrics.

The soap had a cumulative negative effect on the water  in the geysers - people also tossed all sorts of detritus in them as a form of wishing well - some geysers even got clogged up. Some of the park personnel specialize in cleaning crap out of the geysers since people still throw odds and ends in them.  Kind of a prickly task since the water is so hot.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

In the early years of the park the geysers were often used as laundry machines.   The people would stick their dirty clothes on a geyser with some soap.  When the geyser would erupt it would steam clean the laundry in a most efficient manner.  You couldn't do it with woolen clothes for obvious reasons but it apparently worked well with other fabrics.

The soap had a cumulative negative effect on the water  in the geysers - people also tossed all sorts of detritus in them as a form of wishing well - some geysers even got clogged up. Some of the park personnel specialize in cleaning crap out of the geysers since people still throw odds and ends in them.  Kind of a prickly task since the water is so hot.

I wasn't sure if you're being serious, but you definitely were!

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/yellowstone-geysers-trash-garbage

Screenshot from 2020-11-06 01-30-15.png

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

1114485612_Screenshotfrom2020-11-0918-01-16.png.e4029e55a25bc426b20eeac861eb47fb.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54877202

Many people are shocked, and they are calling for a peaceful resolution to the conflict, he adds.

"Peaceful resolution"? yeah, don't see that happening. These are truly monsters that need to be put-down, I see no other way to curb such horrors.

I have wondered why there is a fixation with beheading  with so many of the modern day terrorists.   Pretty barbaric IMHO.

10 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I have wondered why there is a fixation with beheading  with so many of the modern day terrorists.   Pretty barbaric IMHO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beheading_in_Islam

Beheading was the normal method of executing the death penalty under classical Islamic law.

10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beheading_in_Islam

Beheading was the normal method of executing the death penalty under classical Islamic law.

It was in France for a long time.

It was sometimes used in medieval England.  Those being executed* would often leave money with a friend to give the executioner if he didn't botch the job.  Some of the victims would be hacked several times before dying.

The Nazis used it quite a bit with the refinement that they would often put the victim in face up.

The Japanese military often did it to prisoners of war for various reasons - one of which as part of ritual cannibalism.

*That method of execution was generally reserved for nobility.

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Well, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure there's food and water in Colorado other than just at the In-n-Out Burger 😕

People go nuts for In-n-Out. We have tons of them out here, but they're still filling up the drive-thru into the street.

They are pretty good burgers, though.

58 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

People go nuts for In-n-Out. We have tons of them out here, but they're still filling up the drive-thru into the street.

They are pretty good burgers, though.

I think it would be crazy to wait 14 hours for a PS5, let alone a burger. Maybe that's just me 🙂

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

It will be interesting to see if the "artists" make themselves known. Who knows how long it's been there.

That was my question.  It was pretty well tucked away, but something like this really wreaks of something some artist would do within the last 10-15 years.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:30 AM, avatar! said:

That's absolutely horrible.

Karma... I feel just karma would be if the bicyclist was uninjured and this asshole of a human had his genitalia removed via road rash. This reminds me of those young pieces of shite that threw rocks off an overpass and killed a person. They were out for blood, and they got it, and their defence "it was a prank". I think laws need to be changed for pieces of excrement are tried as adults. Oh, and they should be sterilized too.

Yeah,hope the driver gets charged and sterilized. 

The hate towards cyclists really needs to stop.