IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

Moderator · Posted
59 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

^ That's been a problem for a couple years.  People hate them e scooters.

It really baffles me how the people who use them think it’s ok to leave them in the middle of the sidewalk. Is it really that hard to put it off to the side so you’re not blocking the path?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/florida-man-buys-porsche-with-fake-check-printed-from-home-computer/

Casey William Kelley, 42, cashed in the nearly $140,000 check at a local car dealership on Tuesday but was taken into custody one day later when he attempted to buy several Rolex watches at a jeweler in Miramar Beach with more bogus checks

Seriously? everyone knows fake check + Porsche = good & fake check + Rolex = no good... silly Florida man! 

Screenshot from 2020-08-04 00-21-55.png

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8603767/Naked-man-forced-chase-wild-boar-snatched-laptop-naturist-hotspot-Germany.html

Dozens of bemused families watched the pursuit before the man was eventually able to retrieve his belongings.  Adele Landauer, an actor and coach who says she took the pictures, wrote that the pigs first helped themselves to somebody's pizza before grabbing the laptop. She said that when the owner realized what had happened, he 'gave his all' to recover it. 'When he came back with his yellow bag in the hand we all clapped and congratulated him for his success,' she added.

Screenshot from 2020-08-07 14-59-50.png

• Haha 2

It's nice that Trump is "helping" the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia 🙂

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-yosemite-gaff_n_5f2f194dc5b64d7a55f44180

President Donald Trump’s embarrassing blooper mispronouncing “Yosemite” earlier this week is paying off hugely for a U.S. Jewish museum, sparking eye-popping online sales for its “Yo Semite” T-shirts. Trump struggled Tuesday in a speech as he mistakenly referred — twice — to Yosemite (yoh-SEM-i-tee) National Park as “YO-semite.” (Twitter wags referred to it as “Yo! Semites!” — which could be a weird Trump greeting to Jews.) As it happens, the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia has been selling T-shirts with images of two sequoia redwood trees over the words “Yo Semite” since 2011. Trump’s gaffe sent sales skyrocketing. Online shoppers spent $30,000 on the shirts and other merchandise in the first 30 hours after the blooper. That’s nearly the entire amount the museum collected in sales for all of June.

Screenshot from 2020-08-09 01-53-24.png

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-student-sues-yale-20200804-eyr4lbjs2nhz7lapjgvrtnyyea-story.html

I do think that face-to-face interactions in the classroom are ideal. However, given that we are in the midst of a pandemic, I think the only reasonable thing for universities to do is to have online teaching. Still, not one bit surprised that lawyers and a few others are trying to milk the system for what they can... I mean, is anyone really surprised by this?

Screenshot from 2020-08-10 12-53-20.png

Edited by avatar!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Still, not one bit surprised that lawyers and a few others are trying to milk the system for what they can... I mean, is anyone really surprised by this?

Is it really "milking the system" if you're paying super-premium tuition for the kind of on-campus networking and support/services you're supposed to get at that kind of school, and then you're not getting those services/connections?

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-stolen-car-follows-cop-172956289.html

They drive to our jail and get arrested in the parking lot, now they are following our deputies across the county just to be arrested,” Sheriff Richard Jones said in the release. “We have a lot of deputies working today if anyone else wants to turn themselves in.”

Screenshot from 2020-08-16 17-55-24.png

It's scary to think that such monsters actually live in our world... but they do.

Also, this murdering shite got 9 years?! Honestly, even with all our problems, sometimes reading the news makes me quite happy to be in the USA - that is to say, at least such a monster would never have received such a lenient sentence here (and with luck, he would have received the death penalty). 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/28/iranian-man-sentenced-nine-years-prison-beheading-daughter-slept/

Screenshot from 2020-08-28 17-42-44.png

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 2:01 AM, arch_8ngel said:

Is it really "milking the system" if you're paying super-premium tuition for the kind of on-campus networking and support/services you're supposed to get at that kind of school, and then you're not getting those services/connections?

Who is footing the bill though? If he's an average Joe, then I'd agree with it, but if he's legacy or what not and his parents are footing the bill, then he can go f himself as far as I'm concerned, another entitled git trying to game the system for money. 

Have there been other similar lawsuits regularly from folks from less prestigious schools?

35 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Who is footing the bill though? If he's an average Joe, then I'd agree with it, but if he's legacy or what not and his parents are footing the bill, then he can go f himself as far as I'm concerned, another entitled git trying to game the system for money. 

Have there been other similar lawsuits regularly from folks from less prestigious schools?

Why does it matter whether the kid(s) bringing the suit are either your typical "rich kid" or "poor kid with a scholarship?"  Either the claims in the suit are valid or they're not.  They don't become less valid just because you find the plaintiff distasteful.

54 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Why does it matter whether the kid(s) bringing the suit are either your typical "rich kid" or "poor kid with a scholarship?"  Either the claims in the suit are valid or they're not.  They don't become less valid just because you find the plaintiff distasteful.

Because the same claims could be applied for anywhere, really, during these times. Of course such frills are not going to be available in an online environment, but a mediocre school or a shitty school is going to have the same situation, no? Then again, little money doesn't have money to be suing institutions willy nilly, big money does. 

If the kid worked his way there through sweat , blood, and tears , then I will be sympathetic, otherwise, no, read the last paragraph.

Edited by fcgamer